Thread: Deluxe Resort Decision

Deluxe Resort Decision

Wilderness Lodge is the only deluxe we've ever done. We love it and are scheduled there in October. With the new room discounts, we could stay at Boardwalk for the same money or Grand Floridian for $500 more. Contemporary Garden Wing is also same price, but I think we've ruled that out.

What would you do?
    Jen

I’d stay at the Boardwalk. Awesome location, beautiful resort, something different for your family, same price as what you’d be paying anyway. Seems like a win all around.
    Brandi

that's a shame
    Quote Originally Posted by nolarookie View Post
    I’d stay at the Boardwalk. Awesome location, beautiful resort, something different for your family, same price as what you’d be paying anyway. Seems like a win all around.
    Yeah, this.

What we really love about the Boardwalk in addition to location is on nights when we don't go to the parks, we can hang around the BW, watch the performers, get a drink, ice cream, whatever. Other resorts don't have much going on at night.
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

he's right
    Ditto. (Or, I guess, Tritto)

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Other resorts don't have much going on at night.
    ...or a clown face nightmare waterslide.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

I'd do Boardwalk! But I do love WL <3
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

Wow! Thanks guys! I think I expected more divided responses. This makes the choice much more simple.
    Jen

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    ...or a clown face nightmare waterslide.
    I just spit my water all over my monitor!

Fortunately, it's just me and DS21 who has zero interest in pools, so the clown shouldn't be an issue.
    Jen

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    I'll dissent. I don't care for the Boardwalk, The location is nice, but it just doesn't have that "exclusive Deluxe" feeling for me, and the theming can be a bit garish. Too bustling for me. If you're going to be staying at the resort a lot and convenient transportation isn't that important (except to MK), I'd upgrade to GF.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

...and as I was logging in to switch our reservation to Boardwalk, the kid who keeps saying "I don't care, mom. Anything is fine" admitted that he's really looking forward to being back at WL (we've done Values the past several years) and kinda wants to stick with that plan. So, that's that. He'll be a senior in college this year, so no guarantees of what comes after for him in the job market and what that means for our trips. What he wants is what we'll do this trip.
    Jen

That sounds great. The relaxed feel of Wilderness may be just what he needs.
    Jan-Feb '05 ASM, Jan-Feb '06 Pop, Jan-Feb '15 CBR, April '16 AoA, Aug-Sept '16 CSR, Oct-Nov '16 PORr, Feb 1-5 '17 PORr, WMHS Band April 6-13 '18 AKL, Mar 5-10 '19 AoA, Dec 10-15 '19 OKW 1BR because 942sf! lol

BW does sound fun right now, mostly to try out new ways of getting around between the skyliner, monorail, boats and walking home from F&W :D

Next time!
    Jan-Feb '05 ASM, Jan-Feb '06 Pop, Jan-Feb '15 CBR, April '16 AoA, Aug-Sept '16 CSR, Oct-Nov '16 PORr, Feb 1-5 '17 PORr, WMHS Band April 6-13 '18 AKL, Mar 5-10 '19 AoA, Dec 10-15 '19 OKW 1BR because 942sf! lol

Quote Originally Posted by BSS View Post
    ...and as I was logging in to switch our reservation to Boardwalk, the kid who keeps saying "I don't care, mom. Anything is fine" admitted that he's really looking forward to being back at WL (we've done Values the past several years) and kinda wants to stick with that plan. So, that's that. He'll be a senior in college this year, so no guarantees of what comes after for him in the job market and what that means for our trips. What he wants is what we'll do this trip.
    Ha! Well at least he told you before you changed it, have fun!
    Brandi