Thread: Please review MK plan

Please review MK plan

Please review/comment on my HS plan. Me, DS17, DD14 (all thrill riders), DW (no thrills). We don't do characters. We will have DAS but like to avoid using it as much as possible. We are end of August and mid day break is 100% not optional. Must leave parks before 1pm the latest. We have 2 days in the park. Our day is Tuesday Aug 27th and there is a MNSSHP at night which we will be attending. This is 2 days before GE opens and I don't know the impact of that. Our second day is a 7am opening, but due to other plan we won't have any FP+ so not posting here.

ADR at Be Our Guest (8:15 but will order ahead and plan on being there for 8am)
    7 dwarfs train, 8:50 to 9:10
    Get HM DAS
    Big Thunder Mountain 9:25 to 9:45 (15 minute walk from 7dmt, 15 minute wait, 5 minute ride)
    Pirates (with FP+) 9:50 to 10:15 (5 minute walk from BTM, 10 minute wait, 15 minute ride)

Jungle Cruise (with FP+) 10:20 to 10:50 (5 minute walk from PotC, 15 minute wait, 15 minute ride)
    HM 11:00 to 11:30 with DAS (10 minute walk from JC, 15 minute wait, 15 minute ride)
    Lunch 11:30 to 12:00 Columbia Harbor House (has order ahead so 30 minutes should be ok) I also don't think they open for lunch until 11:30. If we are way ahead of schedule, will do either Aladdin or Tiki after JC before HM.

Splash Mountain (with FP+) 12:10 to 12:45 (10 minute walk from CHH, 15 minute wait, 20 minute ride)
    Get 4th FP+ for space mountain in the evening? 6 to 7 window? Will this be possible?

BREAK

Dinner is 4:15 ADR at 'Ohana. We will be trying to be there by 4pm. How long will it take to eat and then take the monorail over to MK? Will we be done with diner by 5:30 at in MK by 6pm? Is that too soon?
    Can we then do Monsters Inc and CoP and get to SM by 7pm for that FP+? I know CoP is not open during the party, not sure about Monsters.
    A cold and rainy day at WDW is still better than a day at work.

Just a thought...I would think about getting a FP+ for BTMRR instead of POTC...I think you are fine with your plan as is, but POTC doesn't get backed up as fast as BTMRR.

Yeah, I’d be tempted to bag the BOG plan and use FP on 7DMT, and RD BTMRR.
    Brandi

There is supposed to be a new overlay at Monster's Inc during the party this year, so it should be open. You could do CoP and Space, then do Monsters after the party starts. Getting there on time will just depend on how fast you get seated at Ohana (I would think that 4:15 is early enough it shouldn't be a problem) and how fast the line moves to get into the park.
    www.earsandcheerstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/EarsandCheersTravel

Me (Jenny), DH, DD(12), DS(10), DD(9)

Jan 2014: POR; Nov/Dec 2015: Poly; April 2016: BWV; Sept 2016: DL; March 2017: CBR/CR; Feb 2018: BC; April 2019 GF; Nov/Dec 2019: BC

Quote Originally Posted by sprout View Post
    There is supposed to be a new overlay at Monster's Inc during the party this year, so it should be open. You could do CoP and Space, then do Monsters after the party starts. Getting there on time will just depend on how fast you get seated at Ohana (I would think that 4:15 is early enough it shouldn't be a problem) and how fast the line moves to get into the park.
    Thanks there wasn't one last year. Do you know how I can get confirmation on this?
    A cold and rainy day at WDW is still better than a day at work.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFredricksen View Post
    Thanks there wasn't one last year. Do you know how I can get confirmation on this?
    About 3 different websites talked about new overlays, but it was a rumor that came out around the same time a new fireworks show was rumored to be coming. The fireworks were confirmed by Disney, but they haven't said anything about overlays, either the ones from last year or different ones for this year. Either there aren't going to be any overlays this year or there will be another announcement about them. I think it will be the second option, but the parties are coming up quickly. Then again Disney isn't super great about sharing information very far in advance. All that to say, I don't know for sure which rides, if any, will have overlays.
    www.earsandcheerstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/EarsandCheersTravel

Me (Jenny), DH, DD(12), DS(10), DD(9)

Jan 2014: POR; Nov/Dec 2015: Poly; April 2016: BWV; Sept 2016: DL; March 2017: CBR/CR; Feb 2018: BC; April 2019 GF; Nov/Dec 2019: BC

The Monsters Inc. overlay has been confirmed by Disney today. You can find the info on Disney Parks Blog.