Thread: Grocery Stores

Grocery Stores

Hi Everyone! We have officially committed to driving to Orlando this year (from NJ). In the past we've done Amazon Now and Garden Grocer to have food delivered but now have some flexibility and wanted to know which Grocery store the drivers have gone to. I found the closest Publix to Yacht Club but I also get the feeling there might be a proximity premium. Any preferences or better priced places out there?

Many thanks
    Oct 2017 POLY (first time with Family)
    Aug 2018 Pop/YC (split stay)
    Aug 2019 YC

There a gigantic Wal Mart on Old Lake Wilson right off of 192. This is very close to World Drive. They also do online ordering so you can just pick it up.
    Brandi

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    We recently shopped at Publix on 192 on the west side of property (very close to Animal Kingdom Lodge) and in the past we shopped across the street at the Super Target. I didn't find either to be priced any differently than their counterparts far away from WDW property.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

We also stopped at the Publix on 192 near Animal Kingdom Lodge a couple times during our last visit and didn't find it to be crazily priced or crowded.

that's a shame
    Quote Originally Posted by J&J's Dad View Post
    Hi Everyone! We have officially committed to driving to Orlando this year (from NJ). In the past we've done Amazon Now and Garden Grocer to have food delivered but now have some flexibility and wanted to know which Grocery store the drivers have gone to. I found the closest Publix to Yacht Club but I also get the feeling there might be a proximity premium. Any preferences or better priced places out there?

Many thanks
    If you plan to stop and shop on the way into WDW, try the "search nearby" feature on Google Maps. Publix seems to be everywhere, so there's got to be one close to I-4 (if you're going to be taking I-4 to get to WDW).

We usually shop at the Publix on Universal Blvd, which is convenient coming from the airport to WDW.
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

FWIW, we’ve gone to Publix, Target, and that Marketplace super market in the Fermosa Gardens shopping center. The only one that seemed overpriced was the Marketplace.
    Brandi

he's right
    I go to whatever Publix is closest to the resort I'm staying at. Is there a proximity premium? I don't think so, but I've never bothered to check. My time is worth something too.

Thanks Everyone! My main "fear" was that there was one grocery store within the property that everyone went too and charged an arm and a leg. Doesn't appear to be the case as you've mentioned many options. We will probably hit the Publix on 192. We'll be driving in from St Augustine area that morning, so very close. With plans of hitting the pool before dinner at WL, we expect to have lots of time to stop and shop.

Much appreciated!
    Oct 2017 POLY (first time with Family)
    Aug 2018 Pop/YC (split stay)
    Aug 2019 YC