Thread: Flying into Tampa

Flying into Tampa

Hey all,

Headed on the Disney Fantasy for a 7 day Western Caribbean in September and decided to spend the night on property Friday the 13th and go to MNSSHP that evening. If, and I know this seems to vary that we値l be able to, I book FP pre party what would your suggestion be for the first FP time? Our flight gets in at 1:45, we値l be picking up our rental and then driving to All Stars. Any chance we値l be able to make a 5pm FP? We致e never flown into Tampa before, so I知 a little unsure of what to expect compared to MCO.

Thanks in advance!

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    So many variables it’s hard to say with any certainty, but if I had to wager I’d expect you’d be in the park sometime between 5-6. I’d make my most important FP for 6-7 to be on the safe side, and if the flight is majorly delayed just chalk it up to bad luck.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Samy1000 View Post
    Hey all,

Headed on the Disney Fantasy for a 7 day Western Caribbean in September and decided to spend the night on property Friday the 13th and go to MNSSHP that evening. If, and I know this seems to vary that we’ll be able to, I book FP pre party what would your suggestion be for the first FP time? Our flight gets in at 1:45, we’ll be picking up our rental and then driving to All Stars. Any chance we’ll be able to make a 5pm FP? We’ve never flown into Tampa before, so I’m a little unsure of what to expect compared to MCO.

Thanks in advance!
    TPA is quite a large airport and you'll take their version of a monorail to your rental car. Thankfully once you leave the airport, its just a few minutes to 1-4 and then you're headed to WDW! I have flown into TPA and headed to WDW a few times and I think its taken me 1hr-1:15 or so. I'd hope you wouldn't hit too much traffic that time of the day.

Have fun!
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

Thanks for your input and yes I live in a world filled with variables so I get what could be-I’m just looking at what should be at this point, even though the could be of things usually gets in the way. :)

Thanks for the specifics on the airport itself and logistics; very helpful. I’ll take an 1-1:15 to arrive in Orlando, that sounds great to me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Samy1000 View Post
    Thanks for your input and yes I live in a world filled with variables so I get what could be-I’m just looking at what should be at this point, even though the could be of things usually gets in the way. :)

Thanks for the specifics on the airport itself and logistics; very helpful. I’ll take an 1-1:15 to arrive in Orlando, that sounds great to me!!
    I'll be doing this next month!! I need to remember to google in advance where close gas stations are to the airport to fill back up. I have awful memories last time of some of them showing up on the map and then being closed or only taking cash. I pulled up to one and the guy said to me "we only take cash" and I said " I don't have cash" and started to get in my car. He said, nevermind you can get gas here. Um, no. I drove away.
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beachta1 View Post
    I'll be doing this next month!! I need to remember to google in advance where close gas stations are to the airport to fill back up. I have awful memories last time of some of them showing up on the map and then being closed or only taking cash. I pulled up to one and the guy said to me "we only take cash" and I said " I don't have cash" and started to get in my car. He said, nevermind you can get gas here. Um, no. I drove away.
    Check the construction on I-4 next month. We did a roundtrip from WDW to Tampa (for the Hugh Jackman show at Amalie Arena) and there was a ton of construction heading eastbound, with lots of 55mph zones. The work had stopped by the time of our return trip, which we made about 11pm. But on our way to Tampa, about 4pm, it looked pretty slow over on the eastbound side, for almost the whole ride.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

The party starts at 7 but the park closes at 6 so, you can only get FP+ until 6. It's still worth a shot to schedule 1 if you can make it. We are going Aug. 16th and with only a party ticket, I was able to get Space Mtn. 3:25-4:25, HM 4:25-5:25, and BTM 5:25-6:00 (it wouldn't go past 6:00).
    I hope it works out for you. :)

Quote Originally Posted by cncwood View Post
    The party starts at 7 but the park closes at 6 so, you can only get FP+ until 6. It's still worth a shot to schedule 1 if you can make it. We are going Aug. 16th and with only a party ticket, I was able to get Space Mtn. 3:25-4:25, HM 4:25-5:25, and BTM 5:25-6:00 (it wouldn't go past 6:00).
    I hope it works out for you. :)
    This is our hope! We’ll see how it pans out, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by beachta1 View Post
    Haha, thanks but no thanks on the cash only then sudden change of heart! We’ll be ditching our car at Port Canaveral and then flying back out of MCO after our cruise. Banking on some reputable gas stations close to the port.