Thread: Sunday Night Football Viewing

Sunday Night Football Viewing

We will be staying at Wilderness Lodge in October and DS21 would like to watch the Sunday Night Football game. I have worked the plan so we will have dinner at Whispering Canyon (his choice) at 6:30 and the game begins at 8:30. Do Geyser Point or Territory Lounge have TVs that might have the game? Since it is Sunday Night Football on network TV, I am hoping we might be able to find it somewhere that we can sit with a drink for at least the first half rather than sitting in our room all night. We considered going to ESPN Club, but we're going to have an early morning the next day, so sticking close to "home" is the plan.
    Jen

Geyser Point has TVs behind the bar. I think Territory Lounge has a TV disguised as a picture on the wall. I would go for Geyser Point. It's outside by the lake and has more than one TV.
    www.earsandcheerstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/EarsandCheersTravel

Me (Jenny), DH, DD(12), DS(10), DD(9)

Jan 2014: POR; Nov/Dec 2015: Poly; April 2016: BWV; Sept 2016: DL; March 2017: CBR/CR; Feb 2018: BC; April 2019 GF; Nov/Dec 2019: BC

Quote Originally Posted by sprout View Post
    Geyser Point has TVs behind the bar. I think Territory Lounge has a TV disguised as a picture on the wall. I would go for Geyser Point. It's outside by the lake and has more than one TV.

Thanks! It's been many years since we stayed at WL and Geyser Point wasn't even there then. Geyser Point is my preference because I don't care about the game and it seems like a spot where he could watch the game and I will be happy with the scenery and be able to catch the Electrical Water Pageant which I love.

Also, just noticed you're in Indiana, so are we! That Sunday that we are at WDW is the Sunday night Colts game. I reworked our whole plan so he could watch.
    Jen

Go Colts! Im a Colts fan, but my husband is a Bears fan and we live fairly close to Cincinnati so were surrounded by Bengals fans. Im definitely outnumbered! Have fun!

LOVE Geyser Point- would be a great place to watch the game! And watch the water pageant go by as well :)
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

I know that this might be a bit of a trek but.... A Cast Member, who is a fellow Patriots fan, told me that CMs go upstairs at Splitsville to watch football.

i
    Quote Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
    who is a fellow Patriots fan
    I am fairly certain any recommendation I made to my die hard Colts fan that included the word Patriots would be met with nothing but resistance.

Regardless, DS is further than we (I) want to go on this particular evening. He will watch in the room if it isn't on in any public spaces at WL. I do appreciate the input, though. Thank you!
    Jen

Quote Originally Posted by BSS View Post
    i

I am fairly certain any recommendation I made to my die hard Colts fan that included the word Patriots would be met with nothing but resistance.

Regardless, DS is further than we (I) want to go on this particular evening. He will watch in the room if it isn't on in any public spaces at WL. I do appreciate the input, though. Thank you!
    I absolutely understand, and I did get a chuckle from your response too.

Go pats!!
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

Quote Originally Posted by beachta1 View Post
    Go pats!!
    I feel like I'm being PATronized here!
    Jen

Quote Originally Posted by BSS View Post
    I feel like I'm being PATronized here!
    Good one!