Thread: Bridging to AP (DVC gold) renewal

that's a shame

Bridging to AP (DVC gold) renewal

UT has 8-10 day parkhoppers at $75-$80 off of face value. Our current APís are valid through 8/4, and weíll be in WDW 7/31-8/3.

Can I buy parkhoppers from UT to bridge to AP renewals??
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Yes, our current annual passes were renewals bridged from UT tickets.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    I’ve done that before too.

The year that DVC was offering the Premiere Passport, we got ours for about $700 (price was around $1,100) between the DVC discount and bridging.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

that's a shame
    Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    Yes, our current annual passes were renewals bridged from UT tickets.
    Steps?

Buy UT tix prior to 7/31 departure and load them
    Into MDE

While weíre in WDW upgrade the parkhoppers to APís at a Guest Relations window

Thatís it?

yes - do all of your math ahead of time, and confirm with the CM what the out of pocket price difference will be BEFORE they change anything, and if it's way off then say "no thank you" and try again another time at a different location.
    you're asking them to "upgrade these 10-day parkhoppers to an annual pass renewal"

that's a shame
    yes - do all of your math ahead of time, and confirm with the CM what the out of pocket price difference will be BEFORE they change anything, and if it's way off then say "no thank you" and try again another time at a different location.
    you're asking them to "upgrade these 10-day parkhoppers to an annual pass renewal"
    Does it matter if we do/donít pick a date range for the tickets when we buy them?

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Does it matter if we do/don’t pick a date range for the tickets when we buy them?
    I imagine you'd want to pick one that offers the largest discount; it likely doesn't matter, because you're just using the ticket for its face value, but I could be wrong.

Now I wonder if you'd have to pick a date range that falls in the time period that you want to attempt this bridge, though I don't see why you'd have to.

Never mind me, I'm just typing out loud. I think.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

that's a shame
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I imagine you'd want to pick one that offers the largest discount; it likely doesn't matter, because you're just using the ticket for its face value, but I could be wrong.

Now I wonder if you'd have to pick a date range that falls in the time period that you want to attempt this bridge, though I don't see why you'd have to.

Never mind me, I'm just typing out loud. I think.
    I was thinking along those lines. The APís expire 8/4, so do we need to pick dates like 8/5 to 8/12 (something like that)?

I think it doesn't really matter unless there's a chance you'd need to use a day or two for park entry while trying to find a CM at guest relations that can bridge correctly. So for that reason, I'd probably pick dates starting with 8/5.

that's a shame
    Just thought of something else...our next possible trip will be in early December. I can't wait to activate the AP renewal, can I?

You have 60 days to renew, but even then, it won't matter, since the renewal is retroactive to the previous expiration date.

You may still decide it makes more sense to delay and buy new in December for an annual pass that will take you through early December 2020, rather than renew at a discount for an annual pass that will expire in early August 2020. Depends upon next year's planned trips and your budget.

that's a shame
    Just thought of something, and this may be a dumb question, but...when I buy the PH's from UCT, I have to link them in MDE. Then we'll have the AP's (until 8/4) and the PH's in MDE. When we enter the parks from 7/31-8/3, what happens? Will the PH's be active and therefore we'd lose days on them?

Just thought of something, and this may be a dumb question, but...when I buy the PH's from UCT, I have to link them in MDE. Then we'll have the AP's (until 8/4) and the PH's in MDE. When we enter the parks from 7/31-8/3, what happens? Will the PH's be active and therefore we'd lose days on them?
    Be very very careful about ticket prioritization. I have learned the hard way twice. If the UCT tickets are added to your profile you need to stop at a ticket booth or guest relations before you enter the park the first time and make sure the APs are prioritized so they are used for park entry and not the UCT tickets, at least prior to the AP expiration. It doesn't hurt to double check at the gate too. We have had particularly bad luck with this.

It shouldn't be as hard to fix if you have new tickets (ours were NE so it was a BIG hassle) but I wouldn't want to have to deal with that mess on top of getting them to bridge the tickets correctly. Otherwise someone might tell you the new AP will expire from first date of use of the UCT tickets, or that it has to be a new AP not a renewal AP because the tickets have already been used and have a different start date than your existing tickets. Probably they would be nice about it, but you just never know what you are going to get with CM roulette.

that's a shame
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Be very very careful about ticket prioritization. I have learned the hard way twice. If the UCT tickets are added to your profile you need to stop at a ticket booth or guest relations before you enter the park the first time and make sure the APs are prioritized so they are used for park entry and not the UCT tickets, at least prior to the AP expiration. It doesn't hurt to double check at the gate too. We have had particularly bad luck with this.

It shouldn't be as hard to fix if you have new tickets (ours were NE so it was a BIG hassle) but I wouldn't want to have to deal with that mess on top of getting them to bridge the tickets correctly. Otherwise someone might tell you the new AP will expire from first date of use of the UCT tickets, or that it has to be a new AP not a renewal AP because the tickets have already been used and have a different start date than your existing tickets. Probably they would be nice about it, but you just never know what you are going to get with CM roulette.
    I'm thinking about doing the bridging as we are leaving the park on our last day so there isn't a chance of anything goofy happening.

I'm thinking about doing the bridging as we are leaving the park on our last day so there isn't a chance of anything goofy happening.
    I'd caution you on that plan because if you're faced with a CM who doesn't understand how to bridge and give you the correct monetary credit for the tickets to upgrade, will you have time to go to a different Guest Relations location and try with a different CM?

that's a shame
    I'd caution you on that plan because if you're faced with a CM who doesn't understand how to bridge and give you the correct monetary credit for the tickets to upgrade, will you have time to go to a different Guest Relations location and try with a different CM?
    Good point. I wan't thinking about that.

that's a shame
    Ok..I bought the 10 day PH from UCT for $556.77. The same ticket on the WDW site is $632.27.

The gold AP, DVC renewal price is $632.61. Therefore, if bridged correctly, I pay $0.34 to upgrade the 10 day PH to the AP. Correct??

If the $632.61 includes tax then yes that seems right to me.

that's a shame
    If the $632.61 includes tax then yes that seems right to me.
    Yes, it;s $594 plus tax.

Thanks for your help.