Thread: Magic bands

Magic bands

I purchased my own magic bands(characters), linked them to my account and declined the generic ones using the app. Got email today that my complimentary magic bands have shipped??!. Is this common? Guess I can bring them with me and use them as backup??

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    I've never had bands shipped that I declined, but with Disney IT I wouldn't be surprised if it's happened before (although I doubt it's common).

Yes, you can bring them, or you can leave them at home. Your choice. We usually bring a backup ever since our daughter lost hers on the first day years ago and had to wear the Band of Shame (grey) the rest of that trip.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Disney revamped the Magic Band ordering system about a month ago and it has been a complete mess ever since. It is not surprising they ship you the free ones even though you declined them. No harm in taking them along as a backup. The system can start glitching if you (or anyone else in your party) have too many active bands on your account profile, but having 2 is unlikely to cause any trouble.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by mgarbowski View Post
    Disney revamped the Magic Band ordering system about a month ago and it has been a complete mess ever since. It is not surprising they ship you the free ones even though you declined them. No harm in taking them along as a backup. The system can start glitching if you (or anyone else in your party) have too many active bands on your account profile, but having 2 is unlikely to cause any trouble.
    We had in the mid-teens at one point and didn't have any trouble. I think we have 4-5 active ones now.

Thank you. I will make sure our good ones are active and ready when we check in

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    I've never had bands shipped that I declined, but with Disney IT I wouldn't be surprised if it's happened before (although I doubt it's common).

Yes, you can bring them, or you can leave them at home. Your choice. We usually bring a backup ever since our daughter lost hers on the first day years ago and had to wear the Band of Shame (grey) the rest of that trip.
    Band of Shame! That's funny! I love my grey band with my orange AP slider.

Well, when you’re 7 or 8 and you lose your pink magic band on the tea cups and have to spend an hour in a crowded City Hall to get a grey replacement, it’s not exactly a badge of honor...

that's a shame
    One of my kids intentionally chooses grey. Maybe he's adopted.
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

Not trying to be a jerk, but just to provide a little education, using "adopted" in that context (almost as a slur) can be pretty offensive to adoptees and adoptive parents.

that's a shame
    Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    Not trying to be a jerk, but just to provide a little education, using "adopted" in that context (almost as a slur) can be pretty offensive to adoptees and adoptive parents.
    It's not a comment about adoption, but a comment about how his taste is different that the rest of the family. Sorry if anyone took it the wrong way.
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    One of my kids intentionally chooses grey. Maybe he's adopted.
    My dad intentionally chose grey. I think he thought is was the “manliest”
    Brandi

My husband chooses grey. The might have been adopted comment, thinking about his color preference, made me laugh! I am adopted, though, so I'm allowed to laugh at that? I can't wait to see what he thinks about it! 😆😂