Thread: Renting Points for Beach Club Villas

Renting Points for Beach Club Villas

Does anyone know how hard it is (in terms of availability) to rent a villa at Beach Club through one of the major DVC rental services (e.g. David's, etc.)? We're looking at a trip for mid-August, 2020 and I am wondering if we should consider this as an option or if demand is so high, we shouldn't count on it. We've never rented points before but stayed at an Epcot resort during our last trip and are hooked on the ability to walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Thanks!

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Availability is highly variable, but it's greatest at the 11-month mark, when reservations can first be made. Your best bet, once you decide upon your dates, is to contact one of those services so when the booking window opens for your dates you'll be on their list.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

I'll let you know - haha. We put in at the 11-month mark for Beach Club 2BR with David's and are now on week 3+ of waiting. So far - no luck. I'm a first time renter and hope I'm making the right choice by holding out a bit longer since we really wanted Beach Club. It's a 7-night request so they said they don't have anyone with enough points yet for our stay (but it's not booked up yet for our dates).

Any advice from experienced renters on when I should throw in the towel and move on to another resort?
    ----------
    * Amy

We rented points for BCV the week of thanksgiving BUT we did not go through davids! we rented straight from the DVC owner! Good Luck!

I rented points for a 10 day trip at BCV this year for Thanksgiving through the first week of December, a very popular time for DVC owners to go. I used David's and was originally put on a wait list, but mine came through in about a week. I do think that room type matters. Ours is a studio which is probably easier to get than the larger rooms. Mid August should be fine if you put in your request at 11 months. We also love being able to walk to 2 parks!
    www.earsandcheerstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/EarsandCheersTravel

Me (Jenny), DH, DD(12), DS(10), DD(9)

Jan 2014: POR; Nov/Dec 2015: Poly; April 2016: BWV; Sept 2016: DL; March 2017: CBR/CR; Feb 2018: BC; April 2019 GF; Nov/Dec 2019: BCV; Feb2020: BWI

We have gone a few times in mid/late August, and the availability was pretty good. The fall can be difficult for DVC availability (especially with F&W) but in mid/late August a lot of families are already starting school, or preparing to do so. Starting August 15th the DVC point charts change to a new "season" so the price of the room will be a little cheaper.

I think you will be fine getting a room then, but as others have said you want to get your request in to the rental companies before the 11 month mark to have a better chance. It also does depend on the room size you are looking for with 1BRs being the easiest, and Studios typically being the hardest to get.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR; Aug '20 AKV

Wow, I didn't realize Studios would be the hardest! I assumed that most people would want more space.
    www.earsandcheerstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/EarsandCheersTravel

Me (Jenny), DH, DD(12), DS(10), DD(9)

Jan 2014: POR; Nov/Dec 2015: Poly; April 2016: BWV; Sept 2016: DL; March 2017: CBR/CR; Feb 2018: BC; April 2019 GF; Nov/Dec 2019: BCV; Feb2020: BWI

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize Studios would be the hardest! I assumed that most people would want more space.
    It's because Studios are the least expensive option with, for the most part, the same occupancy restrictions of a 1 BR.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

So we put in with David's for a 2BR at BCV for May 2 - 9, 2020 at the 12-month mark and entered their waiting queue at the 11-month mark. We just got booked yesterday! So we scored our 2BR at Beach Club just after 10 months out. YAY!
    ----------
    * Amy

That's great news! Congrats and enjoy.

I found this board helpful because we are planning to do the same thing, (rent DVC/EP resort) so it was great to see the process and everyone's imput.
    Jan-Feb '05 ASM, Jan-Feb '06 Pop, Jan-Feb '15 CBR, April '16 AoA, Aug-Sept '16 CSR, Oct-Nov '16 PORr, Feb 1-5 '17 PORr, WMHS Band April 6-13 '18 AKL, Mar 5-10 '19 AoA, Dec 10-15 '19 OKW 1BR because 942sf! lol

I've rented with David's in the past and they were great. For our up coming trip they didn't have any owners for the resort and date combo we needed so we ended up checking with literally every DVC rental place I could find online looking for someone who had an owner at BWV for a 7 night stay in a studio. I ended up finding a site that allowed me to see the DVC availability for all the resorts ...information that had previously only available to DVC owners.....so I knew the room we wanted was available for the date we wanted - it was finding an owner that had points for us to rent that we couldn't find. In the end we rented points from friends at the new Riviera Resort
    CR Jan 18-23 2018 YC Jan 23-28