Thread: switch FP+

switch FP+

So I accidentally booked 2 FP+ in the wrong time slots and I need to switch them. I have RnR when I wanted ToT and I have ToT when I wanted RnR. Is there a right way to switch them? I worry that if I cancel/modify one, I won't be able to get the other. What is the best way to do this?
    A cold and rainy day at WDW is still better than a day at work.

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    You can't just swap times. Your ability to modify FP+ will always be based upon availability. What I would do is modify one to an acceptable alternative time (hopefully temporarily), then modify the second for the ideal time, then return to the first and try to modify it to an ideal time as well. Because of the very limited availability, I'd prioritize ToT, but your family may have different priorities.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    You can't just swap times. Your ability to modify FP+ will always be based upon availability. What I would do is modify one to an acceptable alternative time (hopefully temporarily), then modify the second for the ideal time, then return to the first and try to modify it to an ideal time as well. Because of the very limited availability, I'd prioritize ToT, but your family may have different priorities.
    Here is my issue. We have the Fantasmic Dinner package. DW won't do RnR or ToT. DD does RnR but not ToT. DS and I do both. I was supposed to get RnR for 7 to 8 for the 3 of us. Then DD and DW were going to get the seats for Fantasmic while DS and I do ToT with an 8 to 8:30 window. But I booked them in the wrong order.

DD now has to wait for RnR while we are on ToT and then DW has to save the seats alone instead of with DD.
    I am thinking I should Modify the RnR and pick the time that ToT is. It will make me cancel ToT. Then I can try to get ToT for the later time, but if I don't we could ride standby? Now, if only those time were available :-(

it won't make you cancel the ToT if you first move it out of the way to a "safe" alternative time slot.

it won't make you cancel the ToT if you first move it out of the way to a "safe" alternative time slot.
    What difference does it make? Seems faster to not do that.
    Option 1 - 3 steps
    Move ToT to temp spot
    Move RnR to old ToT spot
    Move ToT to old RnR spot

Option 2 - 2 steps
    Move RnR to ToT spot - force a cancel of ToT
    New book of ToT in old RnR spot

I’d rather modify than cancel in case you can’t get ToT again. You can keep trying for the Time slot you want if it’s not immediately available.
    Brandi

Quote Originally Posted by MrFredricksen View Post
    What difference does it make? Seems faster to not do that.
    Option 1 - 3 steps
    Move ToT to temp spot
    Move RnR to old ToT spot
    Move ToT to old RnR spot

Option 2 - 2 steps
    Move RnR to ToT spot - force a cancel of ToT
    New book of ToT in old RnR spot
    I'm not trying to save steps, I'm trying to save your ToT FP+. They are very limited due to the capacity reduction at ToT, so one extra step is worthwhile if the alternative is not having the FP+ at all.

I'm not trying to save steps, I'm trying to save your ToT FP+. They are very limited due to the capacity reduction at ToT, so one extra step is worthwhile if the alternative is not having the FP+ at all.
    Understood, we just don't have another time available so a temp spot would be during a time we aren't in the park. We are first getting there for dinner and then just doing these 2 attractions. So I understand trying to save the ToT and still have it for another time as a worst case, it doesn't really help me. Thanks for the suggestion though.

If you don't want to risk losing ToT and therefore want to just modify it, there at least is an option to Single Rider Line RnR. You may not ride together but if one needs to be at risk, I would risk RnR...
    Oct 2017 POLY (first time with Family)
    Aug 2018 Pop/YC (split stay)
    Aug 2019 YC

Mr Fred, by booking day is tomorrow. Aside for your issue above, were you generally happy with the times you got?
    Aug 2019 YC

Quote Originally Posted by J&J's Dad View Post
    Mr Fred, by booking day is tomorrow. Aside for your issue above, were you generally happy with the times you got?
    Yes pretty good. Here is what I found
    1 - I could not get ToT on Mon Aug 26th (62 days out)
    2 - Illuminations gone on Sun Aug 25th (61 days out)
    3 - No Slinky dog available at all Sat Aug 24th (60 days) or Mon Aug 26th (62 days out). No shock on this, luckily I wasn't trying to book it.
    4 - Able to get both Navi and FoP for the dates and times I wanted (about 65 and 66 days out)
    5 - No issues at all in MK

Let me know what critical ones you are looking for. I can check availability for you but only if I am in the same park that day.

I think our only overlaps are 8/27 @ MK and 8/29 @ AK. Sounds like MK won't be an issue (especially on a party day) but we will aim for an early FP+ at 7DMT.
    For AK, an early FP+ for FoP would be great but beggars cant be choosers.
    I think our biggest challenge will be getting SDD on 8/28....fingers crossed!
    Glad things worked out for you pretty well.
    Aug 2019 YC

Earliest 7DMT on that day is 2:20
    No FoP on the 29th all day.
    But they might hold back a few each day to allow for new people? Not sure.
    Sorry I couldn't give you better news.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFredricksen View Post
    Earliest 7DMT on that day is 2:20
    No FoP on the 29th all day.
    But they might hold back a few each day to allow for new people? Not sure.
    Sorry I couldn't give you better news.
    No worries. Thanks for checking! FoP is not the end of the world. Only 2/4 of us would do it. We have DAS for DD but she can't do FoP so it's that's the only reason I'd try for it.
    SDD is what would be key for us.
    Aug 2019 YC

Hi Mr Fred. Thought I'd update that my FP+ booking went pretty well. I actually was able to get FoP on the 29th. It's at night but we wanted to see Pandora at night anyway. Tusker House Dinner, sunset Safari, then FoP - with an option for RoL FP+ through our ADR. Works out pretty well.
    The bigger shock was no 7DMT! Since the park closes early for MNSSHP, obviously many less options. We will rope drop PP and can run over to get a DAS after. Not the end of the world by any stretch.
    Aug 2019 YC