Thread: Old AP price available at Sam's Club online

Old AP price available at Sam's Club online

Hi Folks - It occurred to me that I had previously read that Sam's Club sold APs. I logged in on my sister's account and checked the price. The regular premium pass is listed at $865.99 plus $58.79 tax for a total price of $924.78. That's a savings of $266.96 from the current list price of $1191.74 all in on Disney's site. I didn't pull the trigger so I have no idea if this would be a seamless transaction. Something to think about though if you were contemplating an annual pass.
    2007 Offsite, 2009 OKW, 2012 WH, 2013 WBC, 2013 Pop, 2014 WBC, 2015 Pop, 2016 Pop, 2017 Solterra, 2017 WH, 2017 Sheraton Vistana, 2018 Offsite, 2018 St Georges Manor, 2018 WH/Boardwalk, 2018 ASMo, 2018 Disneyland offsite, 2019 Easter Disneyland offsite, 2019 OKW

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Nice!
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

AAA South online (I live in Georgia) also still has them at old prices. $865.99 pre-tax, $922.28 in the cart with tax.

prefers quisp over quake tiggr88's Avatar
    So I have an AP that expires in October.

Has anyone seen what the impact was to the renewal rate?
    Would I be better off buying a new AP pass now that would not activate until after my current one expires in October?
    Is that allowed i.e., can I have a current AP valid through October and then be allowed to purchase a new AP now if it is not activated until the existing expires?
    How long would I have to activate it?

Thanks
    Oct 89 QS, Sep '98 Poly Concierge, Jan '01 ASMu, Oct '01 HI Family Suites, Oct '03 HIFS, Oct '03 Portofino Bay (anniversary trip), Dec '04 POFQ, Oct '05 ASMu, Oct '06 ASMu, Nov '07 Magic cruise, Nov '08 ASMu (family reunion), Dec '08 BCV/BC (20th anniversary trip w/o kids), Aug '10 HRH, Sept/Oct '11

Quote Originally Posted by tiggr88 View Post
    So I have an AP that expires in October.

Has anyone seen what the impact was to the renewal rate?
    Would I be better off buying a new AP pass now that would not activate until after my current one expires in October?
    Is that allowed i.e., can I have a current AP valid through October and then be allowed to purchase a new AP now if it is not activated until the existing expires?

Thanks
    I believe the renewal rate is 15% off the current rate so my guess is $951.15 plus tax. I don't think there is a limit on when you can activate an AP voucher.

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney....bought-268597/
    2007 Offsite, 2009 OKW, 2012 WH, 2013 WBC, 2013 Pop, 2014 WBC, 2015 Pop, 2016 Pop, 2017 Solterra, 2017 WH, 2017 Sheraton Vistana, 2018 Offsite, 2018 St Georges Manor, 2018 WH/Boardwalk, 2018 ASMo, 2018 Disneyland offsite, 2019 Easter Disneyland offsite, 2019 OKW

Just wanted to say thanks for the heads up. I took this as a chance to buy the APs I was dreaming of getting in 2021. I'll let you know in a couple of years if everything goes smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggr88 View Post
    Thanks
    We have done this once in the past, and we are doing it again this year. Our current passes expire in October. We're planning to skip WDW next year and use the new passes the following year. The expiration date on the new vouchers is December 31, 2030.

I created a dummy account for each of us in MDE and linked the vouchers to them. We'll reassign them to our actual accounts when we're ready to activate.

ETA: We purchased our vouchers through AAA South.
    ~Heather

Thanks! I just bought my first AP! I was so discouraged to hear of the price increase. So when I saw I could get for old price, I did it! My DD is startign in the DCP program in august, so although I live in Ohio, I have a couple extra trips planned to go see her! My total was $924.78

Quote Originally Posted by paxsarah View Post
    AAA South online (I live in Georgia) also still has them at old prices. $865.99 pre-tax, $922.28 in the cart with tax.
    Im in Alabama which I thought was covered under AAA South, but I can only find options for 3 to 10 day tickets online. I think I would grab one if I could figure this out.

If you ordered one from Sam's Club and you didn't get your confirmation email and voucher, they said when I called {terrified} that they had a glitch in their system today that caused some to be delayed in sending or not at all. I had taken a picture of my order screen and about had a heart attack when the first person told me there was nothing on that order number. She learned that travel has their own set of order numbers and she called travel dept for me and the nice lady there pretty quickly sent me my email.

In case anyone is interested, and eligible for Ticketsatwork.com, I just bought an AP through them for the old price$925 with tax.