Thread: Which Tier 1 to book in December at HS?

Which Tier 1 to book in December at HS?

Which would you say usually has the longest standby waits out of Toy Story Mania!, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror?? We will book our Tier 1 FP+ for the one that usually has the longest standby wait and will just have to queue for the others.

Do any of these 3 have Single Rider options?
    Aug 1987 (ish) - WDW with parents and brother
    Dec 2006 - WDW with DH
    Dec 2007 - WDW with DH and bump!
    Oct 2011 - WDW with DH, DD and DD
    Dec 2013 - WDW with DH, DD and DD
    Dec 2015 - WDW with DH, DD, DD and BIL
    Dec 2017 - WDW with DH, DD, DD and BIL
    Dec 2019 - WDW with DH, DD, DD and BIL (I see a pattern emerging)!!

RNR has a single rider, and the work on TOT should hopefully be done long before Dec. Given that I would grab TSMM.
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cboyer View Post
    RNR has a single rider, and the work on TOT should hopefully be done long before Dec. Given that I would grab TSMM.
    Thank you! We've never actually ridden RNR as TSMM is one of our favourite rides so we always opt for a FP+ for that instead and then find the standby queue too long for RNR! We are determined to ride RNR this time!... I didn't realise it had the single rider option so that might be our answer although we are all (ok - maybe just me) a bit scared to ride it, so might need each other for moral support!!!

What work is happening on TOT? Is it likely to result in shorter wait times?

I thought I had read that TSMM had much shorter waits since Toy Story Land opened (we haven't been at WDW since Dec 2017)?

Thank you again for your help.
    Dec 2006 - WDW with DH

Quote Originally Posted by nats80 View Post

What work is happening on TOT? Is it likely to result in shorter wait times?

I thought I had read that TSMM had much shorter waits since Toy Story Land opened (we haven't been at WDW since Dec 2017)?
    TOT is going through a refurbishment, and during that time they are operating at half capacity while the other half undergoes the refurbishment process. It started a couple of months ago and no end date has been announced, but I can't imagine it will last until December.

TSMM does have shorter waits, because they added capacity by adding a third track. No such luck for TOT in the future, just a return to normal capacity levels once the refurb is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroCOTfan View Post
    TOT is going through a refurbishment, and during that time they are operating at half capacity while the other half undergoes the refurbishment process. It started a couple of months ago and no end date has been announced, but I can't imagine it will last until December.

TSMM does have shorter waits, because they added capacity by adding a third track. No such luck for TOT in the future, just a return to normal capacity levels once the refurb is complete.
    Thank you :-)

So presuming TOT is at ‘normal’ capacity in December, which is more likely to have the longer standby wait times between that and TSMM? We’ll get FP+ for one and standby queue for the other (and single rider for RNR).
    Dec 2006 - WDW with DH

Quote Originally Posted by nats80 View Post
    Thank you :-)

So presuming TOT is at ‘normal’ capacity in December, which is more likely to have the longer standby wait times between that and TSMM? We’ll get FP+ for one and standby queue for the other (and single rider for RNR).
    I think average wait times are probably higher overall at ToT, but someone more knowledgable than me can confirm.