Thread: Last minute (as in a few hours from now) planning help.

Last minute (as in a few hours from now) planning help.

Im having a crazy idea to get a little WDW fix in. Im thinking head down today visit AK all day tomorrow and come home Sunday. I can get a good deal on one of the Disney Springs Hotels which sounds great since they have all the on site perks and AK is morning EMH tomorrow. For about $20 more per night, I can get an All Stars room. Since this is a very last minute trip in my mind im a bit more comfortable going through an official disney hotel cause that what I know and feel they could handle any glitches from a last minute set up better. Ive never stayed at one of the Disney Springs hotels. Just thought Id throw it out there for your input to see if anyone thinks it would make a difference.

I wish I lived close to do this!
    Ive never stayed at a Disney Springs hotel (or a value, for that matter) so I can’t speak from experience, but I would think you’d be fine either way if you will be driving to WDW and driving to the parks. Pick the place you’d rather stay.
    Have fun!
    June 2011 Poly, May 2013 POR, June 2015 CBR, June 2017 POR, March 2018 CSR, June 2018 POR

Does the $20 difference already include the extra cost of parking at the parks if you drive? I don't think free parking at the parks is one of the on-site perks given to DS hotel guests.
    If you don't drive to the parks and want to rope-drop FOP on an EMH day, would you feel comfortable with the Disney Springs hotel buses? I'd want to research that first.

Those factors might influence my decision, but worry about last-minute glitches wouldn't. They are all sophisticated operations.

I appreciate the input, unfortunately I hesitated on the booking and lost the prices I was comfortable with so I stayed home this weekend. Im actually about an 8 drive away from WDW, but I was curious to see what a trip like that would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Pres.Merkin View Post
    I appreciate the input, unfortunately I hesitated on the booking and lost the prices I was comfortable with so I stayed home this weekend. Im actually about an 8 drive away from WDW, but I was curious to see what a trip like that would be.
    I hope you find another time to do a last minute WDW trip!! I am a big-time planner but there is something great about being like "I'm going to do this today!" and then do it.
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

We’ve done a last minute trip before (we live about a nine hour drive away) we had the idea about a week beforehand. It was a lot of fun and a lot of great memories of that trip.
    Brandi