Thread: Which is a higher priority?

Which is a higher priority?

Is being at RD or being able to make FP reservations 60 days before a higher priority for peak season?

he's right
    Yes.

Id agree that both are priority. But I would make FP+ a slightly higher priority personally. We still can have a great late start day with a solid FP+ lineup and realistic expectations about how busy it is going to be.

Perfect world you would have awesome fast passes and rope drop, take an afternoon break when its crazy and then come back in the evening for the entertainment and to close it down.

To me, this is an apples-and-oranges question. Both are variables that will directly impact how many attractions you can experience in any given day - peak season or otherwise - but they're not mutually exclusive. You can both RD and reserve FP 60 days out, so I'm not sure I understand the premise of the question.

We are considering staying off property and getting tickets from UT so I didn't think we would get to make FP reservations 60 days out

Quote Originally Posted by kelly315 View Post
    We are considering staying off property and getting tickets from UT so I didn't think we would get to make FP reservations 60 days out
    If you are off property then no, you wouldn’t be able to make FP until 30 days.

Gotcha - that was the missing info that kept me from understanding what you were asking. I agree with pixarprincess - if you don't really want to get up early every day, then not being able to get FP at 60 days is going to make things more difficult. Not impossible, just more difficult. I'd rather have the ability to get those 60-day FP because our touring style includes frequent late starts. But if your crew is fine with being up for RD every day, you can still get a lot done. DHS will probably be your biggest challenge, especially if you're going after GE opens.

I’ve stayed offsite during peak seasons (Christmas, Thanksgiving, summer) and we haven’t had a lot of trouble. We usually RD and keep refreshing to get the FPs we want.
    Brandi

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    You'll likely still have a decent selection of FPPs, even at 30 days, for a great many attractions. Hit the major attractions at RD, and you'll have the best of both worlds.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

At 30 days, the shiny new attractions may not have any FP availability or FP availability in the evening/night. The more popular attractions may have availability early to mid afternoon right at 30 days. Some attractions will have better availability. There just won't be much "wiggle room" so to speak in scheduling them. You get what you get.

Even the ability to make FPs at 60 days is not all it is cracked up to be. Maybe I am just loosing my touch or I am not as fast as I used to be. We are going in July for a short trip before a cruise. Right at my 60 day mark, I was READY at 7 am EST sharp. I did get the newish and popular Flight of Passage, but it was at 1:30. I was only able to get Test Track at 11:30 (I had wanted it earlier) and SDMT at 1:30ish. And Tower of Terror is down to one side thanks to referb. I initially could not get a FP for it. After checking and checking and checking, I finally have one in the afternoon.

All that said, if you are a big Star Wars fan, you may want to stay on site for whatever advantage is offered next summer. But Star Wars aside, if staying off site offers an advantage to you, I would do what others have said and hit RD. Then make use of whatever FP you are able to get.

If you're staying offsite, I think RD. You may not be able to get the hot ticket FP so if you are there early enough you can get the headliners out of the way.
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

Not your quesiton, but the fact you're getting tix from UT has nothing to do with 30 or 60 days. You can stay on property, get UT tix, and still get 60 day FPs.

Thank you all for your responses! I think we will take what we can get for FPs at 30 days and be at RD :)

he's right
    Another thing to consider: park *close* might be an easier time to see the super-duper headliner in each park vs. park *open*.