Thread: Bridging to an AP

Bridging to an AP

I should have done it a year ago, but I think I'm finally ready to become an AP. I want to check-in about bridging from a discounted ticket. For my August trip, we are planning on doing Disney parks on 3 days (no PH) and buying tickets from Park Savers ($333.71-$2 discount). My understanding is that if I convert that ticket to an AP while I am there, they credit the value of the ticket ($355.05) to my AP cost. That would save me $23.34. However, if I bought a 10-day PH ticket from Park Savers and they credited that value, I would save $52.41. Is there any reason not to do that? Do I understand the bridging concept correctly? Thanks!
    Feb 2019-Festival of the Arts (POFQ); Nov 2018-40th Birthday Trip (Pop); Aug 2018-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil), Nov 2017-Wine & Dine 5K (Pop), Aug 2017-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); May 2017-Tinkerbell 10K (Disneyland); Novr 2016-Wine & Dine 10K (POFQ); Aug 2016-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Nov 2015-1st Solo Trip (All-Star Movies); Aug 2015-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Aug 2014-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil)

If they do it correctly, yeah.
    But upgrading doesn't always go smoothly.
    I know this board is not highly thought of around these parts but honestly, you won't find better info on ticketing and upgrading tickets than this thread.
    I highly suggest reading through this specific post (there's tons more info there but this one is the most applicable to your question) and asking there if it doesn't answer everything
    https://www.disboards.com/threads/ti...#post-56958173

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    That's a great thread and a fantastic resource on the disboards.

I've done what you're proposing (buying the ticket with the highest discount from gate price) with a couple of caveats. Its gate price can't be higher than your AP price, and if it has waterpark entitlements, you *might* have to upgrade to the Premium Platinum Pass (I forget the correct name - the one which includes water park admission). Some people report that as long as you don't USE the waterpark entitlement on a park hopper you can still upgrade to a regular Annual Pass, but bridging is so fraught with complications I personally don't like adding yet another to the mix.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Thanks for the replies. I'll check out that disboards thread. I am planning on getting the AP that DOES NOT have waterpark access, so I don't think that will be an issue.
    Feb 2019-Festival of the Arts (POFQ); Nov 2018-40th Birthday Trip (Pop); Aug 2018-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil), Nov 2017-Wine & Dine 5K (Pop), Aug 2017-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); May 2017-Tinkerbell 10K (Disneyland); Novr 2016-Wine & Dine 10K (POFQ); Aug 2016-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Nov 2015-1st Solo Trip (All-Star Movies); Aug 2015-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Aug 2014-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil)

I agree with DoperRunr that bridging is very frustrating. I'm going to do it (or attempt anyway) in December and I'm dreading it. Here's a thread on my previous experience. It really depends on how much you value your time and sanity. I don't know that I'd make more than one attempt at it if I were just bridging for one person.

https://www.easywdw.com/forums/showt...P-price-bridge
    2007 Offsite, 2009 OKW, 2012 WH, 2013 WBC, 2013 Pop, 2014 WBC, 2015 Pop, 2016 Pop, 2017 Solterra, 2017 WH, 2017 Sheraton Vistana, 2018 Offsite, 2018 St Georges Manor, 2018 WH/Boardwalk, 2018 ASMo, 2018 Disneyland offsite, 2019 Easter Disneyland offsite, 8/2019 Disneyland offsite, 2019 OKW

It is an ordeal you have to make sure you are ready to deal with for what is not really a significant savings (any more)
    I mean, we used to could save $100+ per ticket.
    Now, honestly not sure it's worth the potential headache as there is absolutely no way to know before you go what luck you'll draw. Can't pick location, time, nothing. It's pure roulette.

This past week we just bridged 2 tickets with our AP renewal and it went really smoothly. But, they were tickets bought right from Disney for a package we had gotten over New Years so that is always easier to upgrade/bridge.

When we tried to do it 2 years ago, wow what a nightmare we had. They acted like I was trying to scam them and that it was never possible to use a ticket to upgrade or apply to, an AP. Not once but was told that twice at 2 different locations, 2 different days, 2 different parks. I was told they would make a "1 time exception, and would be noting my file about it" I didn't even bother to buy tickets to use for renewal last year. But we had them this time and I was assured when we got the package that I could save them so I thought, we'll give it a go. And it worked. It wasn't a problem.

And the year before it wasn't a problem. Nor was it the year we originally got our AP, when we did use the Plus tickets to upgrade to an AP without the water park feature. As long as you haven't used any "Plus" feature at all, you can "downgrade" to the AP without it. But at that time the Plus ticket offered the greatest discounts so that's what I bought. I only hit roadblocks the 1 year. The only issue I never ran in to was someone not applying the right value to the ticket.

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/bi...-disney-world/

Well I'm thrilled today that I was a little gun-shy about this whole thing and decided to only get a 3-day ticket for the August trip. There's no way I want to pay that amount for an AP. Maybe in a future year, when I know for sure that I'm doing 4 or more trips.

Lord have mercy...I was planning to upgrade in October from my 7-day hopper...but another 4-day pass for February is roughly $500, while an upgrade would cost over $700! Nope...can't do it. I'm so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by mhnewcomb View Post
    Lord have mercy...I was planning to upgrade in October from my 7-day hopper...but another 4-day pass for February is roughly $500, while an upgrade would cost over $700! Nope...can't do it. I'm so sad.
    I don't know if this would help you (if you want to hold onto the 7 day hopper for the future). But Tom Bricker posted the old AP price is still available at Sams club and tickets at work.

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/di...isney-tickets/

Was it on another thread here? Someone posted they were still able to get the old price from AAA south?