Thread: Changes coming to FP+ at Hollywood Studios

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar

Changes coming to FP+ at Hollywood Studios

Just listened to Josh's podcast about the Extra, Extra Magic Hours and they discussed possible changes to FP+ once Galaxy's Edge opens. Looks like they were dead on.

https://touringplans.com/blog/2019/0...mYc7agZiuYulQE
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

The one thing I hope that article covers is there are a lot of glitches with the 90 day FP CL program and this could just be a glitch. It's not really a full on formally announced, 100% for certain change.

where did you listen to Josh podcast? I didn't know he has one

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nia View Post
    where did you listen to Josh podcast? I didn't know he has one
    I listen to it on Stitcher. Here's a link with information on the podcast. http://blogmickey.com/2019/02/introd...collaboration/
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

Thanks. 4 hours flight ahead of me tomorrow, I will download few

This is making my very limited planning skills for Hollywood Studios this September non existant at this point. I am really at a loss over how I am going to approach things.
    I am guessing still slinky dog dash will be the hardest to get and longest waits so will try for that. Though my kids prefer rock n rollercoaster.

Star Wars will likely take the entire first part of the morning. We plan to be there very early to hit the extra extra magic hours then will head to rock n roller coaster, tower of terror then hopefully use our fastpass for SDD. Then hope to grab a fourth one for Toy Story Midway Mania.

We have two use or let the two show ones expire first though right before being able to grab a fourth in the first tier?

I will have to book those for the first two hours of the morning and basically burn them while doing the other rides. Seems like more of a waste, but I guess this to help with crowds during those first months with Star Wars.
    Jessica

DS (8) and DS (6)

JUNE 1989: Fort Wilderness and Disney Inn
    MAR 1996: Offsite
    NOV 2014 and 2015: Pop Century
    JUNE 2016: Gaylord Palms/Beach
    NOV 2016: CBR
    DEC 2017 and 2018: Pop Century
    June 2019: The Grove
    September 2019: Pop Century

Jessica, we are having the same dilemma for early October. Neither DS21 nor I particularly care about the shows, but we will book them just to let them expire so we can (hopefully) get another FP for a ride. We plan to arrive around 5am (ouch!!!) and hope for the best. IF GE requires arrival before 5am, we will not do it this trip and just ride the existing rides during EEMH. I cannot arrive any earlier - 5 will be pushing it.
    Jen

We were planning to do two EMH days at Studios in October then park hop. This might mean I only book one FP for 9amish then book for Epcot or wherever as soon as we check into that ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    August 2008 - Carribbean Beach
    August 2010 - Port Orleans - French Quarter
    September 2012 - Pop Century
    September 2014 - Boardwalk - 1st Food & Wine!
    June 2015 - Disney Dream - Family Honeymoon Cruise!
    December 2015 - Pop Century - 1st WDW Christmas!
    October 2016 - Disneyland
    June 2017 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    August 2018 - Port Orleans - Riverside

Concert Junkie when not at Disney

We'll have to have a think about our 2 x Tier 2 choices, but for our 1 x Tier 1 choice which would you say has the longest Standby waits out of Toy Story Mania!, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror??

I'm not going to even try to get Slinky Dog as we are going during mid-end December and can only book our FP+ at 30 days as staying off site. My plan is to get in the queue just before closing for that ride.
    Aug 1987 (ish) - WDW with parents and brother
    Dec 2006 - WDW with DH
    Dec 2007 - WDW with DH and bump!
    Oct 2011 - WDW with DH, DD and DD
    Dec 2013 - WDW with DH, DD and DD
    Dec 2015 - WDW with DH, DD, DD and BIL
    Dec 2017 - WDW with DH, DD, DD and BIL
    Dec 2019 - WDW with DH, DD, DD and BIL (I see a pattern emerging)!!

We are planning 5am as well for EEMH, I doubt I can get DH and DD out of bed before then. And we will be doing it two days in a row. Planning one day RD for millenium falcon and the other for build your own light saber.

As for the FPs, we luck out with those. DD refuses to go on TOT or RNR, she doesn't like coasters that go upside down, and TOT is too scary for her. So, SD will be our tier 1 for both days and TSMM will be hit sometime during the EEMH as well. We are hoping to be done and out of the park by lunch on both days.
    Cindy

he's right
    Are you rope-dropping GE?