Thread: requesting room

requesting room

is the online check in the best way to make room or area of resort requests. would it be better to call a week ahead of time to the resort.TIA

There isn’t really a way to call in requests around the time they are doing room assignments.

I have my TA add room requests to our reservation when we book it. I also usually have a Touring Plans subscription when we have a trip planned and have used their fax request service, but personally we didn’t have better results with that. Others seem to get good results though.
    June 2011 Poly, May 2013 POR, June 2015 CBR, June 2017 POR, March 2018 CSR, June 2018 POR

I have had zero luck with the online request form. Which isn't working for me at this point anyway.
    I've had best success with the touringplans fax request (which requires a subscription).

Otherwise I would call and make my request by phone at the regular booking line (or if using a TA they will make the request). There is no way to call the hotel directly. The direct phone numbers listed online get you an operator at a central location and not the people doing the room assignments. The room assignments are made about 5 days in advance so I'd be sure to call before 5 days in advance.

that's a shame
    I call Member Services and have them note it in the reservation. We're about 50/50. And with the 50% unsuccessful, they seem to do their best to fulfill one of the two requests we make, e.g. BWV standard view, "across from the bus stop/high floor" is our usual request; we've had both and we've also had one or the other.
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.