Thread: One person on two reservations

that's a shame

One person on two reservations

Can my DD be on two separate and overlapping reservations?

We're staying at BWI 6/7-6/10; my sister has a DVC reservation at the Polynesian 6/8-6/12.

There is a possibility that DD might be able to stay til 6/12, but I have to get home on 6/10.

For DME purposes (getting to MCO on 6/12), can my sister put DD on her reservation? DD would be staying with my sister 6/10-6/12.
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

I don't remember all the specifics, but was told in the past to be very careful doing this. At a minimum her MB will only work on one door or the other, it can't work on both... so during the days she is on both it is hard to say which one will work (though I would guess the 2nd).

Would it be possible to only put her on the Poly reservation? Or do you also need her on yours for DME when you arrive?

Also, is there any complication with dining plan or anything else?
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR; Aug '20 AKV

that's a shame
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
    I don't remember all the specifics, but was told in the past to be very careful doing this. At a minimum her MB will only work on one door or the other, it can't work on both... so during the days she is on both it is hard to say which one will work (though I would guess the 2nd).

Would it be possible to only put her on the Poly reservation? Or do you also need her on yours for DME when you arrive?

Also, is there any complication with dining plan or anything else?
    I think she'd need to be on my reservation for her FP's(??), but I'm not sure. Other than that, she could use the app to open the room door I guess.

I would call member services and ask what they would recommend for MDE to work the most smoothly in this situation
    You can always add someone to a reservation mid-way through the trip, after check in.
    So your daughter could check out of your room on 6/10 and then be checked into your sister's on 6/10 as an add-on mid-trip at the front desk.
    We did that once when my Aunt was only going to be staying with us for part of the trip. That was a regular room, not DVC and this avoided the extra adult charge for the nights she wasn't going to be there.

that's a shame
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    I would call member services and ask what they would recommend for MDE to work the most smoothly in this situation
    You can always add someone to a reservation mid-way through the trip, after check in.
    So your daughter could check out of your room on 6/10 and then be checked into your sister's on 6/10 as an add-on mid-trip at the front desk.
    We did that once when my Aunt was only going to be staying with us for part of the trip. That was a regular room, not DVC and this avoided the extra adult charge for the nights she wasn't going to be there.
    A ha! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I think she'd need to be on my reservation for her FP's(??), but I'm not sure. Other than that, she could use the app to open the room door I guess.
    Actually you should be ok for FP based on my experience. As long as she has a ticket, and someone (you) is eligible, the system will let you book them for others too. Not everyone has to be eligible for the 60 day, just someone.

But if you prefer to have her on yours just to be safe I understand.