Thread: Woman suing WDW over bird injury

Woman suing WDW over bird injury

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.wa...outputType=amp

I donít know how to feel about this. Sounds like thereís a possibility WDW was negligent and knew there were aggressive, nesting birds. And her injuries do sound extensive.

Of course, on the other hand, she was standing on a dock by a lake where there could be any number of wild animals. WDW isnít a self contained bio dome and there is wildlife all over.

I also find it curious sheís suing now (May 2019) when the article says she was injured in 2017.
    Kate

that's a shame
    WDW isn’t a self contained bio dome
    This is where it begins and ends for me. The suggestion that WDW has a duty to protect guests from birds doesn't fly for me. There is no way to keep birds off of the property. Move one nest and the birds build another in a different spot.

I also find it curious she’s suing now (May 2019) when the article says she was injured in 2017.
    The statute of limitations for personal injury in FL is four years from the date the the injury occurred. It's likely that a demand for compensation was made, either WDW opted not to make an offer or an offer was made and declined, so suit was filed.
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.