Thread: Order for booking?

Order for booking?

It has been 3 years since our last trip, and things might have changed slightly. As my 60 day is quickly approaching, I just want to be prepared.
    Questions on booking FP+.
    1 - Can you book all at the 60 day mark like you do for dining, or do you need to book FP+ each day?
    2 - What order do you typically book? Do you book by day from closest to furthest? Do you book hard to get ones first switching between dates?
    3 - I know you can't overlap FP+ reservations, but what about dining? How close to it will they let you book? So if I have a dining reservation for 5pm, can I book a 4:15 to 5:15 FP+? What about a 5:30 to 6:30?
    4 - Are there times of the day that it is easier to get a FP+ for, such as morning or night? Does it differ by attraction?
    5 - If I can't get one at 60 days, which ones are easier to get as time gets closer? How often do you look?

I assume these are the hardest to get
    Flight of Passage
    Slinky Dog
    Seven Dwarfs
    Frozen

Are there any others really hard to get?
    A cold and rainy day at WDW is still better than a day at work.

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    1. Assuming you're onsite for the whole trip, yes you can book your whole stay that morning.
    2. I prioritize by attraction (FoP, SDD and 7DMT) and date (earlier in trip to later in trip). FoP is our family's favorite so I'll do all of the FoPs, then I'll do all of the SDD, then I'll do all of the 7DMT, then I'll do Epcot days (because it's a tiered park) and then I'll basically go back to the beginning of the trip and book everything else around the ones I've already made. We prioritize Test Track over Frozen, so you'd probably want to add that to your priority list.
    3. I think it just gives you a warning about a potential conflict but doesn't prevent you from booking. I've never had a problem.
    4. Mornings go first. I think it's because morning FP+ allow you the opportunity for 4th, 5th, etc, FP+ with maximum availability earlier in the day.
    5. One what?

Availability outside the headliners listed above will be okay even at 60 days out, and when you get to 63, 64 and farther out it'll usually be wide open. If Tower of Terror is still running at half-capacity then its availability will be a little tighter I suspect.

Good luck!
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Dopeyrunr's advice is all good. I'd add that most things, including Frozen, are very easy to book at 60 days. And as far as minute by minute booking... for the most part, booking at 7:10 vs. 7:00 might mean you get a FP a little later in the day, but you can still get one.

If you can't get a FP for a hard-to-get attraction, the only ones would be FoP or SDD, I'd check the app anytime you think of it through the day. I was able to get FoP that way, albeit I had to get groups of two for our party of four. Also, watch the park hours. If they extend hours, they will add FP. It's not usually immediate, but if they add hours, you can know to keep checking so you can book them when they are added.

If you are going for at least five days, you shouldn't have any trouble getting FP, putting the hardest to get near the end of the trip.
    June 2011 Poly, May 2013 POR, June 2015 CBR, June 2017 POR, March 2018 CSR, June 2018 POR

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristineOH View Post
    If they extend hours, they will add FP.
    This is a GREAT tip. They changed AK open from 9am to 8am a few weeks before our trip, so I was able to change the 6pm Flight of Passage FP to 8:45am. You have to jump on it because others will be trying the same thing.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

4 - for the harder to get ones it will show you the first available time that day (if any) even if you’re looking at morning, afternoon or evening times. So if you’re looking at Peter Pan, it says something along the lines of no fp available at that time and then will list 1:00 pm as being the first available.
    5 - just continue to check and modify as needed. Booking at 30 days out I wasn’t able to get SDD, but that morning at about 5:30 one popped up for 4 people at 10:30. We were super excited (since there was no way we were going to wait in line for it). I was also able to move some of our fp around a couple of days before we left (meeting mickey and Minnie at 9:50 instead of 12:05).

I just booked. I'm pretty sure Mr Fredricksen's trip is after mine so you might be interested to know that even on Day 6 of my trip the earliest FOP was around 1pm. I tried for SDD on Day 5 and there was nothing before 6:30pm. I had Magic Kingdom on Day 3 and 7DMT was first available around lunch. This is mid-August a couple of weeks before GE opens and I expected a bit better. I didn't even bother booking the SDD. We're not spending all day in HS just for that. We will either RD it or return and close the park with it one night as we have hoppers and can be flexible. The only thing that I guess really worked against me was our trip starts on Sunday not Saturday and maybe all the people the day before me grabbed the better time slots.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by mgarbowski View Post
    I just booked. I'm pretty sure Mr Fredricksen's trip is after mine so you might be interested to know that even on Day 6 of my trip the earliest FOP was around 1pm. I tried for SDD on Day 5 and there was nothing before 6:30pm. I had Magic Kingdom on Day 3 and 7DMT was first available around lunch. This is mid-August a couple of weeks before GE opens and I expected a bit better. I didn't even bother booking the SDD. We're not spending all day in HS just for that. We will either RD it or return and close the park with it one night as we have hoppers and can be flexible. The only thing that I guess really worked against me was our trip starts on Sunday not Saturday and maybe all the people the day before me grabbed the better time slots.
    Thanks. This isn't the end of the world for us. We have 2 days in HS. The first day is the day we arrive so we won't be there until later afternoon or early evening. An SDD that time works fine. That night we have the fantasmic package, which means our full day there we won't be doing it. So on our full day we can hit it toward the end of the day while everyone else is at the show. This works well for us since we want to do it twice, once during the day and once at night. It also means on our RD day we can head to RnR and ToT. Lines won't be bad there at all.
    AK should work well to. Our first day there is the day GE opens. AK has EMH starting at 7am. Our plan is to be there between 6:15am and 6:30am. We are going to RD, FOP and at that time I don't think it will be that bad. We can book the FP+ for later in the afternoon as well.
    Still in the FP+ planning stages, I have about 2 weeks before we book.
    A cold and rainy day at WDW is still better than a day at work.

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    My FP day was Tuesday. AK is day 4 of our trip. The earliest I could get an FOP FP was 12:40. Not too bad, all things considered. Going back on day 6 of our trip and going to try a modified version of Josh's late arrival plan and riding FOP at the very end of the night.
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]