Thread: Plant-based Asian Dumplings at Le Cellier

Plant-based Asian Dumplings at Le Cellier

Spent a really nice week at WDW 5/14-5/20 but am terrible at trip reports. But I've gotten so much helpful information from you all from this site, I thought this tidbit about the "plant-based dumplings" that are currently on the Le Cellier menu might be of interest. When we went for a late lunch on 5/14 the menu description specifically mentioned "plant-based dumplings" made with Impossible Meat (TM), but the current description is

Steamed Asian Dumplings
    Plant-based Meat Dumplings, Bok Choy, Chinese Long Beans, Red Peppers, Radish, Fragrant Asian Broth.

I love dumplings and wasn't in the mood for a steak, so I ordered it. It was one of the best dishes I've had at Epcot. You get a big bowl of well-made dumplings in a tasty broth of that has soy and ginger flavors. I was impressed by how my dish also had a lot what tasted like freshly-shelled edamame in it as well. The dumplings themselves had a great flavor and texture--almost exactly the same as a traditional pork-based dumpling.
    The price point of $33 was, of course, inflated Disney rates, but the crafting and quality of the dish was fantastic. For reasons of comparison, the filet mignon is running at $59. This could be a nice option if someone in your family doesn't eat meat or dairy at a meal at Le Cellier.
    I won't be back to Disney before 2020, but I'd order this again--hope they still have it.

Just another Disney nut! Ok, maybe just a nut.

Wow that sounds really yummy! Thanks for sharing :)
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel