Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6/8 ak am emh

that's a shame

6/8 ak am emh

It's now 7-8 AM. Yuck.

What time should we be at the turnstiles if we want to be at the front of the FoP pack?
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

I’ve seen a few recommendations for 5:45 am, although I have not personally faced this dilemma.
    Brandi

that's a shame
    Quote Originally Posted by nolarookie View Post
    I’ve seen a few recommendations for 5:45 am, although I have not personally faced this dilemma.
    I don't like that

that's a shame
    And I'm thinking Uber/Lyft to get to AK??

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Buses onsite should be running early enough to get you there by then. You may prefer Uber/Lyft for piece of mind, though.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

that's a shame
    With this 7 AM EMH, I'm now wondering if we'll need FP's for any AK attraction. Right now we have KS 8-9 and KRR 9-10. We plan to ride FoP, EE and few times and KS. KRR is "if we feel like doing it we will."

I want to be out of AK by 10 (back to resort to nap, then lunch then Epcot around 4). I'm kinda thinking we can do FoP at RD, KS then EE, then see if the EE wait time will allow us to do it again. I can't see how that would put us past 10:00. If cancel our AK FP's then I can get SE, TT and something else in Epcot.

We did 7am AK EMH this morning. Bag Check opened at 6:15. We arrived about 5:45 with Uber, would have been fine by 6am, which is when resort buses started arriving. By 6:15 there was a “crowd” of a hundred or so waiting for bag check. We were third in line at a tapstyle. Entered park at 6:35, among the first to ride FoP, we did that, NRJ 2x and Everest 1x by 8am. It was still a 5min wait at EE when we got off. KRR didn’t open until 9today.

he's right
    If I were planning on rope-dropping an It Attraction (FoP, 7DMT, and Slinky B.G.E/Smuggler’s Run A.G.E) I would taxi/Lyft/Uber rather than rely on the buses. If you miss the first bus, you are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by bnoble View Post
    If I were planning on rope-dropping an It Attraction (FoP, 7DMT, and Slinky B.G.E/Smuggler’s Run A.G.E) I would taxi/Lyft/Uber rather than rely on the buses. If you miss the first bus, you are in trouble.
    It was $12 with tip, a small price to pay — literally. We went to the bus stop intending to take it but when there wasn’t one we just Ubered instead.

that's a shame
    Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    We did 7am AK EMH this morning. Bag Check opened at 6:15. We arrived about 5:45 with Uber, would have been fine by 6am, which is when resort buses started arriving. By 6:15 there was a “crowd” of a hundred or so waiting for bag check. We were third in line at a tapstyle. Entered park at 6:35, among the first to ride FoP, we did that, NRJ 2x and Everest 1x by 8am. It was still a 5min wait at EE when we got off. KRR didn’t open until 9today.
    This is helpful. Thanks.

I was just looking at my time stamps from when we did EMH with an 8am opening. Arrived at 6:50am, took pic of tree of life at 7:33am, last outside pic of Pandora at 7:41am, first post-ride pic at 8:02am. I took some pictures of the lines from 6:50 on and it wasn't too bad as late as 7:10am. After that, its backed up.

So... I'd get there for 6 am. You can def cover everything you want and be out by 10!
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

that's a shame
    Quote Originally Posted by beachta1 View Post
    I was just looking at my time stamps from when we did EMH with an 8am opening. Arrived at 6:50am, took pic of tree of life at 7:33am, last outside pic of Pandora at 7:41am, first post-ride pic at 8:02am. I took some pictures of the lines from 6:50 on and it wasn't too bad as late as 7:10am. After that, its backed up.

So... I'd get there for 6 am. You can def cover everything you want and be out by 10!
    Thanks!

prefers quisp over quake tiggr88's Avatar
    You probably saw this from Josh's most recent AK post, but if not he seems to indicate 6:30 might be OK.

It’s also worth noting that from August 29th through November 2nd, Animal Kingdom will open at 8am every day with a morning Extra Magic Hour also scheduled from 7am to 8am every day. Those who are EMH eligible and able to arrive by 6:30am to take advantage of the full morning EMH will likely have a tremendous advantage as there will be very few people in the Park that early. We’ll do a 7am morning EMH rope drop after that schedule takes over at the end of August. There likely won’t be a better time to visit Animal Kingdom than from 7am to 9am this September.
    Oct 89 QS, Sep '98 Poly Concierge, Jan '01 ASMu, Oct '01 HI Family Suites, Oct '03 HIFS, Oct '03 Portofino Bay (anniversary trip), Dec '04 POFQ, Oct '05 ASMu, Oct '06 ASMu, Nov '07 Magic cruise, Nov '08 ASMu (family reunion), Dec '08 BCV/BC (20th anniversary trip w/o kids), Aug '10 HRH, Sept/Oct '11

We would not have been OK arriving at 6:30a with a 7am EMH last week. 6-6:15 would have been okay, but arriving at bag check at 6:30 would have put us way behind the folks who were allowed into the park at 6:35 and walked directly to Flight of Passage. For me, getting up an extra 15-30 minutes to eliminate the stress/uncertainty is better than the additional sleep. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    We always ride share to EMM/EMH events.
    I never want to spend more time waiting in the morning than I have to. I would rather be sleeping than having to get to the bus stop to wait for who knows how long, may be 5 min, may be 20. I want to remove all possible unknown (within reason)
    DGD and I used Uber to HS EMM last week and called for our car 20 min before we wanted to be there. If we'd taken the bus instead, I'd have had to get up at least 30 min before we did (and I had to get up at 5:30 as it was)

that's a shame
    Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    We would not have been OK arriving at 6:30a with a 7am EMH last week. 6-6:15 would have been okay, but arriving at bag check at 6:30 would have put us way behind the folks who were allowed into the park at 6:35 and walked directly to Flight of Passage. For me, getting up an extra 15-30 minutes to eliminate the stress/uncertainty is better than the additional sleep. YMMV.
    I'm planning on leaving BW by 5:45 to get to AK this Saturday. Can't wait for that 5:00 alarm to go off...

that's a shame
    Quote Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
    We always ride share to EMM/EMH events.
    I never want to spend more time waiting in the morning than I have to. I would rather be sleeping than having to get to the bus stop to wait for who knows how long, may be 5 min, may be 20. I want to remove all possible unknown (within reason)
    DGD and I used Uber to HS EMM last week and called for our car 20 min before we wanted to be there. If we'd taken the bus instead, I'd have had to get up at least 30 min before we did (and I had to get up at 5:30 as it was)
    We have been using rideshares more and more frequently in/around WDW, for the same reason as you, waiting for the bus isn't fun and with Uber/Lyft we can control our departure time.

that's a shame
    Requested our Uber at 5:38. Crazy. Arrived at AK at 6:05. There were 8-10 people already there. Once they opened the turnstiles, we were able to walk to the bridge onto Discovery Island. Once we were able to walk to Pandora, the CM's did a really good job of pacing the crowd. It does get a little nuts when they walk you past the entrance then loop back, but I think that's unavoidable. We were in the first group to ride, off about 7:05.

Nice!

6:25 Bag Check on 7am EMH

We went to AK on 6/10 for 7am EMH. Set the alarm for 5:15, but just couldnít get moving fast enough. We had picked up some muffins for breakfast from our food court the day before since it wasnít open that early plus figured that would save time.

Drove to park from All Stars and were the 20th car in the guest lot at 6:20! We were excited about that until we saw the tons of people getting off the resort busses.😜 Bag check went quick with all lanes on 1 side open. Only had to wait for 1-2 families ahead of us.

Got in line to enter park at 6:30. Lines were backed out to the ticket booths. As soon as we passed the ticket booth, we jumped into shorter line behind tix booth and were into the park in no time.

Got in line for FOP roughly near first souvenir kiosk in Pandora. Line moved right along without stopping and we were on the ride right at 7:00. We were happy to have avoided the elbow throwing craziness and first crush of the rope drop crowds.

Then rode Na’vi River with a 15 minute standby wait. My DH and DS then rode Everest twice with 25 minute wait the 2nd time. I chose instead to ride dinosaur which I got right on with little wait. Tried to ride a second time but que was backed up to outside and time said 25 minute wait. Rode Tri Spin and then saw Tough Bug. By 10:00 we were dragging and went back to hotel.

Returned at 4;00 to use FP for Lion King and Safari and had an enjoyable evening. At some point in the evening, when trying to change EE FP, unbelievably had 8:00 FOP FP for 2 pop up and able to grab them in place of the EE FP, which was the 3rd FP for the day for my DS and DH. While they rode FOP, my DD and I rode Na’vi River twice. First time with posted wait of 25 minutes but actual standby wait of 10. Second time the 25 minute posted wait was accurate.

Thank you Josh for your recent posts on AK EMH touring. Even though we werenít first at rope drop, we were able to ride FOP and still ride other rides without long waits!

Thanks for the details! Very helpful for our trip in August. Hope to get there by 6am for extra EMH but more likely to be closer to the 6:30 arrival.

Just curious...how early would you suggest getting there on a EMH day if you're NOT planning on doing FoP at RD? We've got a FoP FP later in the day, and we were planning on RDing Na'vi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's a shame
    Quote Originally Posted by awlukas View Post
    Just curious...how early would you suggest getting there on a EMH day if you're NOT planning on doing FoP at RD? We've got a FoP FP later in the day, and we were planning on RDing Na'vi.

Good question, and I don't know the answer. If I had to guess at a time, I'd say 30 minutes prior to park opening. The one and only time we did Navi right after rope dropping FoP, it was a very short wait. My hunch is that very few people RD Navi, so the crowd headed into Pandora at RD is 99.9% FoP.

One time we thought we were getting to the park an hour early, but the park hours changed and we got there basically when it opened. So the crowd at the turnstiles was completely gone. Our plan was to ride the Pandora River Journey ride, but we called an audible and went to EE.

We were able to ride Everest two or three times with no wait at all, and rode PW and Dinosaur with no wait.
    Brandi

We did a "lazy" rd with an 8am AK opening 2 weeks ago. We got off the bus at 8:01am and walked straight to Na'vi river. The posted wait was 5 minutes. We were on the ride at 8:14.
    C

Princess Half Marathon Weekend 2013 BWV * Spring break 2015 BWV * Spring break 2017 BCV * Princess Half Marathon Weekend 2018 POFQ * Star Wars Rival Run Weekend 2019 POFQ * Summer 2019 BWV/BCV