Thread: Rolling 60 days

Rolling 60 days

Has anybody had any experience with rolling 60 day FP access since their policies changed? I've done a throwaway campsite for the first night of our trip, but will be staying offsite. In the past, I've done this and have been able to book all FPs at 60 days from each day, but had heard that this would no longer be possible. Any insight is appreciated.
    Nov 2019-W&D 10K (Pop); Aug 2019-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Feb 2019-Festival of the Arts (POFQ); Nov 2018-40th Birthday Trip (Pop); Aug 2018-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil), Nov 2017-Wine & Dine 5K (Pop), Aug 2017-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); May 2017-Tinkerbell 10K (Disneyland); Novr 2016-Wine & Dine 10K (POFQ); Aug 2016-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Nov 2015-1st Solo Trip (All-Star Movies); Aug 2015-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Aug 2014-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil)

You will only be able to get FPs for check in date and the next day (check out). You will have to wait for the 30 day mark to make the rest of your FPs.

No more rolling 60. The only days more than 30 days out that will not be greyed out are your onsite days, check in through check out.

And the auto-cancel of FP is now working for cancelled resort reservations. At least it did for me. We cancelled a reservation for a trip we decided not to take and within 15 minutes the FPs were gone. I know people have said there is a 2 day grace period to do a new onsite reservation, but that was not my experience.

Has the split stay kerfuffle been sorted?

We have CS booked for the weekend of 8/23-25 and a throwaway for 8/30. We are offsite 8/25-9/1.

I booked the throwaway for 8/30 after GE announcement in case they offered extended EMH for the parks & I'm happy with that investment.

Would be great if i can book FP+ for 8/30 & 8/31 at 60 days without messing up 8/23-25.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by est71 View Post

We have CS booked for the weekend of 8/23-25 and a throwaway for 8/30. We are offsite 8/25-9/1.

I booked the throwaway for 8/30 after GE announcement in case they offered extended EMH for the parks & I'm happy with that investment.

Would be great if i can book FP+ for 8/30 & 8/31 at 60 days without messing up 8/23-25.

Thanks!
    I guess I don't understand your question. booking FP on 8/30 and 8/31 would never have messed up FP booking for 8/23-25, even when there was the issue with split stay windows.

But yes, the split stay issue is fixed. IF you have contiguous days on your split stay you can book the whole thing for 60 days from first check in. Since your on site days are not contiguous you will have the 2 booking windows, 60 days from 8/23 and 60 days from 8/30. all the other days booked at 30 days. Have a great trip! Would love to hear how GE opening goes!

Quote Originally Posted by est71 View Post

Thanks!
    Yes, the split stay kerfuffle has been fixed. There is no kerfuffle now

AWESOME! Thanks guys ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    No more rolling 60. The only days more than 30 days out that will not be greyed out are your onsite days, check in through check out.

And the auto-cancel of FP is now working for cancelled resort reservations. At least it did for me. We cancelled a reservation for a trip we decided not to take and within 15 minutes the FPs were gone. I know people have said there is a 2 day grace period to do a new onsite reservation, but that was not my experience.
    I think the FP+ cancellation only happens if you cancel your room (and donít rebook) more than 30 days from your arrival date. If you cancel inside of the 30 days, I donít think the FP+ system can distinguish between onsite and offsite FP booking windows any more. At least thatís what I read on a different forum - that FP+ was safe if the room was cancelled inside of 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Reveley View Post
    I think the FP+ cancellation only happens if you cancel your room (and don’t rebook) more than 30 days from your arrival date. If you cancel inside of the 30 days, I don’t think the FP+ system can distinguish between onsite and offsite FP booking windows any more. At least that’s what I read on a different forum - that FP+ was safe if the room was cancelled inside of 30 days.
    How recent was that?
    It started out that they couldn't distinguish between them but as far as I know it can now, in the most recent version and that FP have indeed been canceled if booked more than 30 days and then cancel with less than 30 days. The only time they don't cancel is if you book the FP at less than 30 days too.

I just looked it up - it was July 1 in a post on the ďotherĒ site on the FP+ FAQ page. A poster asked what would happen if they cancelled their room and one of the mods said nothing would happen if they waited inside of 30 days. It surprised me.

he's right
    The Mod may be going off out outdated information. It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Reveley View Post
    I think the FP+ cancellation only happens if you cancel your room (and donít rebook) more than 30 days from your arrival date. If you cancel inside of the 30 days, I donít think the FP+ system can distinguish between onsite and offsite FP booking windows any more. At least thatís what I read on a different forum - that FP+ was safe if the room was cancelled inside of 30 days.
    I don't have personal experience under 30 days, this was a cancel between 30 and 60 days.

The odd thing about it was that my parents had a check in date on our check out date. We cancelled and it cancelled their FP on check in date that were booked with us, even though they still had a legitimate on site stay for that day. It didn't cancel any of their other days. Which makes me think the computer has some way to link the FP to a reservation number behind the scenes. And that type of auto cancel feature would work just as well under 30 days as over. It's speculation on my part, but I would be hesitant with cancellations even under 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    I don't have personal experience under 30 days, this was a cancel between 30 and 60 days.

The odd thing about it was that my parents had a check in date on our check out date. We cancelled and it cancelled their FP on check in date that were booked with us, even though they still had a legitimate on site stay for that day. It didn't cancel any of their other days. Which makes me think the computer has some way to link the FP to a reservation number behind the scenes. And that type of auto cancel feature would work just as well under 30 days as over. It's speculation on my part, but I would be hesitant with cancellations even under 30 days.
    Iíd be too afraid to try! Which is why that other post surprised me so much. But on that same thread, apparently the whole ďleadingĒ reservation thing still works too. Which was also supposed to be fixed. So much for getting rid of that loophole! I hadnít been on the boards since all that stuff was originally announced.

So will leading reservations work for earlier FP access? Say I have a campsite night for 1/14 and then add another campsite reservation for 1/12-1/14 in order to book 1/14 and 1/15 two extra days earlier. Will the FPs that I book for 1/14 and 1/15 cancel if I cancel the 1/12-1/14 reservation but keep the 1/14 night reservation?