Thread: Help picking which days at which parks

Help picking which days at which parks

We have 6 day tickets non hoppers starting 8/3. We absolutely will go before rope drop, and since we are staying off site I only have a 30 day window for FPs. We are seasoned Disney travelers but havenít been in 3+ years and things have changed a lot! I used to make my itinerary using the least crowded park charts in Tourguide Mike and more recently using Joshís charts but I donít think Josh is doing those anymore? Looks like things are a tad more complicated now with all the events and EMHs.

I have no idea where to start! We are a family of 6, my kids are all teenagers 15-19. Do I just pick non EMH days combined with the days that Josh and Dave say tend to be less busy in the Easy Guide? Or does someone still make a calendar with the best parks to visit each day?

TIA!
    -Pam

Your touring plan for a particular day is much more important than which day you go to a particular park. That said, there are still a few general rules to follow since you will not be eligible for EMH. In your case, avoid parks with a morning EMH. You will be behind the crowds everywhere except Frontierland/Adventureland at MK. Don’t worry about the paid Early Morning Magic events at MK and HS. They have very little, if any, impact if you choose to ropedrop on such a morning. Just about the only evening EMH are at EP on Tuesday and MK on Wednesday. It is probably best for you to avoid those. Otherwise, just have a solid plan for each day that includes rope drop and strategic FP scheduling. With a good plan for the day, you will be fine.
    June 2004 ASMO; Dec 2005 POP; Feb 2007 POP; March 2011 POR; March 2014 POR; Feb 2015 BWV; Sept 2015 PVB; Jan 2016 AKV Jambo (kind of); Feb 2016 OKW; Sept 2016 PVB; Feb/March 2017 BWV/PVB; Aug/Sept 2017 BCV; Feb 2018 BLT/CCV

MY TRIP REPORTS

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    You might consider picking up Josh's book which gives a lot more detailed information that you'll find in his online touring plans. You can also search through his blog for his posts discussing which days tend to have the shortest waits at each park. They are updated regularly.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    Here's a link to a recent blog post (April) that I found really helpful:

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/do...ld-theme-park/
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

I have the book and am reading it now! Very helpful.

Being the obsessive planner that I am, I have this fairly current list of EMH, least busy days, most busy days, EMM, and most importantly, Josh's picks:

Extra Magic Mornings:
    Magic Kingdom - Friday
    EPCOT -Thursday
    Hollywood Studios - Sunday
    Animal Kingdom - Monday & Saturday
    Extra Magic Evenings:
    Magic Kingdom - Wednesday
    EPCOT - Tuesday
    Least Busy Days:
    Magic Kingdom - Sun, Wed, Tue
    EPCOT - Fri, Thurs, Weds
    Hollywood Studios - Wed, Tues, Sat