Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Magic Band choices (discounted) for onsite stays

It's working for me now.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mgarbowski View Post
    It's working for me now.
    I was finally able to see the choices. I'm very pleased with the wide selection. I am eligible for two Magic Bands for our July trip, and I'll probably get the Pride and the Spaceship Earth options.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

The options work ed out for me as well. I had bought just one special band for one family member at the regular price before this announcement. As it happens, it is not included in the options for this program so I didn't completely waste money on that purchase, and there are decent options for everyone else.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

I guess I'm not getting it - it's a magic band why would anyone want to pay more for what is free?? I'd rather spend the $ on food Am I missing something?

that's a shame
    Quote Originally Posted by pinocchio View Post
    I guess I'm not getting it - it's a magic band why would anyone want to pay more for what is free?? I'd rather spend the $ on food Am I missing something?
    That's one way to look at it, and I'm sure many think the same. Others like the designs and won't mind spending $10/band.
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

I sometimes spend like $25 on a tee shirt even though I can get a 6-pack from Hanes for half that BECAUSE I’M INSANE

I just ordered ours too. I was going to pick the castle, but my daughter picked that one, so I went with the pink one with the disney snacks all over it! I think $10 is very reasonable for an accessory.

This was the exact conversation that happened at my house tonight. The kids and I picked out our fun bands. My husband scrolled through all the choices and said he'd rather have a plain yellow band and 2 Mickey bars. To each their own (I'm still having 2 Mickey bars AND the thumper band because I'm a crazy like that).

Whether you’re spending on magic bands or Mickey bars, the mouse is still getting your money. You can reuse the magic bands anyway.
    Brandi

FYI- once you order, you can't go back and edit like you can with the standard colors. Once its done; its done!

I love the options and will probably be a sucker and order fun ones for our next trip.
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

Quote Originally Posted by beachta1 View Post
    FYI- once you order, you can't go back and edit like you can with the standard colors. Once its done; its done!

I love the options and will probably be a sucker and order fun ones for our next trip.
    That is correct, but it might be worth clarifying that there is a new distinction between (1) choosing or assigning a band, and (2) ordering, that did not exist under the old system. Now because you need to pay and check out if you order an upgrade, it is a 2-step process. So you can assign everyone a band, whether plain or upgraded versions, but not order, and the system will save those selections for you. Then you can let them sit there any time, it seems, up until 11 days before your trip, and make changes if you desire at any time during that period. I don't know what happens if you assign a group member an upgraded band and never order and check out. I would guess those people end up getting a plain color, maybe even grey.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,

Quote Originally Posted by CJG17 View Post
    I just ordered ours too. I was going to pick the castle, but my daughter picked that one, so I went with the pink one with the disney snacks all over it! I think $10 is very reasonable for an accessory.
    I ordered the Castle and my younger daughter ordered the pink one with the Disney snacks "Disney Park Food". I was waiting, because I thought she may want the castle too! DD13 got Captain Marvel and DH got Captain America!

fwiw, I think this is pretty brilliant idea for Disney. It must cost just a few cents more to make the specialized ones rather than the plain ones. I never would have considered buying an extra band for $20 or $25, but at $10 it at least has me thinking.

I am not sure if we will order the upgraded options to be honest, but they are cute. Re accessory - I don't think magic band is much of a accessory for me, they just serve purpose for my family. However I have seen little boy in Dublin zoo/Ireland wearing his magic band. His mum said he refuses to take it off, I bet he would love a special design one!

Today it isn't working for me. I didn't finalize our order yesterday because some of the party wanted to "think about it". One of our reservations the selections that were saved (but not purchased) yesterday are gone today. The other reservation the selections are still there but when I click in to change the only option I have are the solid colors. I'm not sure if they had too many orders yesterday and have gone back to solid colors only, or if it's just being glitchy because of the high volume.

The down side is we just have 4 days to finalize our order.

On the good news front I can finally see all our magic bands and deactivate the ones we aren't using. For awhile it would randomly just show some people and only some of their bands, but never everyone.

ETA: I talked to the CM on the AP phone line (no hold time, I was AMAZED). She said only the solid colors are available now and they "are working hard" to get the custom choices available again and to check back the end of the week. And that even though the site says 4 days left to customize, they really can customize up to 11 days prior to the check in date so we have longer than 4 days. So now the dilemma is do I go ahead with the first order that has some of the bands we want to lock those in. Or wait and see?
    Last edited by Anne; 05-21-2019 at 04:51 PM.

I am only seeing a very limited selection of designs right now, but more than just the color ones at least. Sadly the Spaceship Earth and Black panther ones we wanted are not among them. Not surprised they botched the rollout on this.

prefers quisp over quake tiggr88's Avatar
    I only had the basic ones show up. The screens all have the options to filter and select, but the only choices are the basic ones. I'm not going until September so I'm in no rush.
    Oct 89 QS, Sep '98 Poly Concierge, Jan '01 ASMu, Oct '01 HI Family Suites, Oct '03 HIFS, Oct '03 Portofino Bay (anniversary trip), Dec '04 POFQ, Oct '05 ASMu, Oct '06 ASMu, Nov '07 Magic cruise, Nov '08 ASMu (family reunion), Dec '08 BCV/BC (20th anniversary trip w/o kids), Aug '10 HRH, Sept/Oct '11

prefers quisp over quake tiggr88's Avatar
    And now they're there....
    Oct 89 QS, Sep '98 Poly Concierge, Jan '01 ASMu, Oct '01 HI Family Suites, Oct '03 HIFS, Oct '03 Portofino Bay (anniversary trip), Dec '04 POFQ, Oct '05 ASMu, Oct '06 ASMu, Nov '07 Magic cruise, Nov '08 ASMu (family reunion), Dec '08 BCV/BC (20th anniversary trip w/o kids), Aug '10 HRH, Sept/Oct '11

I see 17 custom options now. But not the ones we wanted. The 2nd CM I spoke with said "most of the custom bands sold out today" and they were uncertain when they would be back in stock.

I spoke too soon about the amazing no hold phone experience.
    Seriously, I'm starting to think it wouldn't be the Disney experience without a long phone hold and different stories from different CMs

I decided to go ahead with the first order because it still had 2 of the 4 custom designs we wanted. The first CM encouraged me to order the ones I could now and then see if I could get the others by the time my second order needed to be completed.

All looked good until I submitted. First it said couldn't complete the order. Then it gave the "couldn't complete order" pop up but a confirmation screen behind. The confirmation screen and my email said only 5 of the 6 bands were ordered. The Thumper band wasn't listed and we were only charged $10 for one custom band.

So then I called. I got an AP CM right away, but then it was 30 minutes on hold for her to get through to tech to say everything looked ok and Thumper went through. But what I'm still seeing on MDE is a plain grey magic band for me and no Thumper. We will see what shows up in the mail I guess...

I never considered they would run out, and apparently neither did Disney.

Good to know you can place multiple orders for a single trip, so if the band you want for one person is in stock you can order and not wait to see if they all come back and are available at the same time..
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,

Quote Originally Posted by mgarbowski View Post
    I never considered they would run out, and apparently neither did Disney.

Good to know you can place multiple orders for a single trip, so if the band you want for one person is in stock you can order and not wait to see if they all come back and are available at the same time..
    I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. You cannot break one stay up into 2 orders. We have 2 different stays. One before and one after a cruise. 2 people wanted 2 custom bands each. The others only 1 or none. We were fortunate in that for the 2 people who wanted 2 custom bands there was one choice we wanted still in stock (if the thumper order actually goes through). So I chose 2 custom and 4 standard bands on that first order. We have an extra week for the 2nd resort stay order and I'm hoping the other custom options will be back in stock before I need to complete that one.

I'm hoping the bands aren't truely all sold out and they are just reassessing inventory. Once the order is complete it says bands will be shipped 11 days before the trip. I'm guessing many people with stays further out put orders in yesterday that pulled from their electronic inventory count. If they can figure out which bands actually need to be shipped now and which ones are several months out maybe the custom options will be back online sooner than the time needed to manufacture more bands. But it's Disney IT so who knows.

Thanks for the clarification Anne.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,

Today they are down to 9 custom choices. Yesterday one band design showed up that we wanted, but not the others so I didn't order and today it's out of stock again. On a different site I read a post where someone was told by a phone CM the custom bands ship separately and earlier than the standard bands. If that is true, I have less hope that the orders for custom bands for stays months in the future won't really pull from current inventory.

I have this picture in my mind of pulling a slot machine lever and hoping for all 4 designs we still want to align as "in stock" at the same time. I will keep checking back when it's convenient, but if we aren't able to get the remaining designs we want it just means more Mickey bars for my husband, he will be thrilled!
    Last edited by Anne; 05-23-2019 at 01:13 PM.

I'm being shown 16 options, one of which I want and would be happy to proceed, but when i try to check out the system sputters and tells me to call Guest Services.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,

Now this is really ridiculous.

They seem to have run out of plain blue bands. I'm not kidding. I had a blue band saved to my profile. Now it disappeared, and blue is no longer an option you can choose. The same is true for the remaining Stitch band (originally there were 2). I had Stitch saved to Big Girl's profile. It disappeared today, and Stitch no longer shows as an option. So not only were they caught off-guard about the willingness of people to pay $10 for a character magic band, but they were so swamped with orders that they are now running out of basic colors. I guess Blue is the most popular color for bands. I may just order prison grey for everyone as a protest. Of course I still have 48 days and I expect inventory will stabilize before then, at least for basic colors and a few more deluxe options.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,