Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Magic Band choices (discounted) for onsite stays

Good news, the Thumper band actually came! The CM also "made an exception" and let me order a custom band for my older son (at the discounted price) that had been out of stock when I made the initial order. That came too, so no issue with one kid having the upgraded band and the other a solid band.

The retail psychology of this is interesting. They can't get me to spend $24.99 per band, but I'm falling all over myself to spend $30 to buy 3 bands. It reminds me of when Williams Sonoma came out with the bread machine oh so many years ago. They didn't sell. So they made a deluxe version priced twice as high and THEN the original one at the original price flew off the shelves because it was such a "deal".

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Good news, the Thumper band actually came! The CM also "made an exception" and let me order a custom band for my older son (at the discounted price) that had been out of stock when I made the initial order. That came too, so no issue with one kid having the upgraded band and the other a solid band.
    Glad to hear it worked out. Over on DIS I've noticed that the WDW team seems to be working to fulfill orders properly that were placed while the whole system was in chaos and they originally delivered random plain oclors instead of confirmed placed orders..
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by deedee73 View Post
    I was told by a cast member today that they had a team meeting g and were told that the bands should be in stock and the website operational in Early July (no exact date). There is still hope for those with summer trips.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Our arrival date is 7/27 - any idea what the cutoff is for ordering? MDE tells me two different dates - 7/16 or 6/25. Any guesses as to why the two dates, or which is correct?

Quote Originally Posted by RetroCOTfan View Post
    Our arrival date is 7/27 - any idea what the cutoff is for ordering? MDE tells me two different dates - 7/16 or 6/25. Any guesses as to why the two dates, or which is correct?
    I was told by a phone CM cut off is 11 days before check in is the "real" deadline.

Just a heads up - the design bands are back in stock, but it's a bit hit-or-miss. Yesterday afternoon I checked and there were 8 extra designs. Then last night there were only 5. And as of right now there are 19 - but not some of the ones that were available yesterday. As with virtually everything else Disney does online, there's no consistency and YMMV.

I haven't actually processed my order yet - still waiting to get all 4 of my family in one place to let everyone make a selection and order - so I don't know if there are any potential issues with completing an actual order.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroCOTfan View Post
    Just a heads up - the design bands are back in stock, but it's a bit hit-or-miss. Yesterday afternoon I checked and there were 8 extra designs. Then last night there were only 5. And as of right now there are 19 - but not some of the ones that were available yesterday. As with virtually everything else Disney does online, there's no consistency and YMMV.

I haven't actually processed my order yet - still waiting to get all 4 of my family in one place to let everyone make a selection and order - so I don't know if there are any potential issues with completing an actual order.
    People are posting that the available designs are changing about every 30 minutes. And that a phone CM stated they are completely sold out about 30 minutes ago. But then selections are intermittently popping back up.

You would think after the last mess they would have rolled it out limited to imminent arrival dates instead of this repeat free-for-all. I don't know anything about computer programming, but you would think it wouldn't be THAT hard for a multi-billion dollar company !

Yep - I just checked again and several designs have disappeared and been replaced with new ones since I last posted. Our trip isn't until late July, so I may just take a wait-and-see approach.

that's a shame
    I can't get my order to process. I can pick the band, but I can't pay for the band.
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

that's a shame
    Update...it just worked. This morning, no. Yesterday, no. Now, yes.
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

And I just tried and it didn't work. I suspect this is going to a completely random process for a while still until IT gets the bugs worked out. (Oh, and I've looked four different times today and every single time at least a third of the available bands were different.)