Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Magic Band choices (discounted) for onsite stays

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Well-oiled machine.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    Got back from my solo trip yesterday. I had a blast! I have 930 photos on my phone. No telling how many Photopass pics I have. Since it was just me, I had the leisure of stopping at every Photopass photographer I saw lol. I may do a trip report but it won't be an in depth one. Probably just a lot of pics. Now to start planning for our August trip!
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    Well-oiled machine.

Now the site has a notice saying they are completely out of custom bands but Resort guests and AP holders are still able to order the complementary solid color bands. The message about "working hard to replenish our inventory" is gone. So I'm not holding out much hope for anything coming back into stock before our trip.

And my Thumper band didn't get sent. They just decided to substitute a grey one and it doesn't even have the same customized name I ordered. They just used "ANNE" which is my profile name but not what I selected for the band. What is particularly irritating is that Thumper went out of stock. Came back into stock the next day. And then was out of stock again a day later. if the CM on the phone had been able to see that the order didn't work when I called (and waited on hold for 30 minutes), I could have ordered Thumper the next day for my AP band. But instead I trusted the CM and now I have a prison grey magic band to show for it

Someone on another site said she customized her band for a trip in October and has gotten her bands already. So they clearly didn't think any of this through and aren't waiting to ship until 11 days in advance. She got some of her bands, but one custom band they substituted a green solid band. They must like her better.

That sucks, sorry for your experience. My three bands for our July 3rd trip just shipped and we’ll get them about 30 days before our trip, which is more than 11 but about when they used to arrive I think.

Yeah they have pulled everything. Anne, I'm not sure your Thumper order would have worked on your alternate AP order option. Once the inventory went below roughly 10 upgrade options, things were appearing and disappearing willy-nilly, and I honestly doubt that once a band disappeared it was available even if it reappeared again briefly. The last 48 hours or so before the weekend I kept checking and the same set of 6 bands kept phasing in and out: Belle, Captain Marvel, abstract Goofy, abstract Mickey, Rainbow/Pride Mickey, and Flynn Rider. Earlier in the week, other bands had disappeared and reappeared. Just as a test, multiple times I tried choosing some bands that went away andre-appeared and then started an order and always got an error message pretty early in the process. I don't think the bands that re-appeared were really back. FWIW the only 2 I never saw disappear and were consistently available before they pulled all of them were abstract Goofy and rainbow Mickey.

It's funny to think that the early and ultimately false rumor, probably started by a CM, was that people who had already chosen custom bands would not be able to use the new system. I would not be surprised if they had considered that as a way to limit demand until they got push-back and reversed the policy. But what they should have done was the opposite: not allow guests to order until their trip is within 60 or 45 days or whatever, because people ordering 7-11 months out, and maybe even more, used up inventory needed for people with more imminent trips (to be clear I don't blame those people for ordering early).
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post

Now the site has a notice saying they are completely out of custom bands but Resort guests and AP holders are still able to order the complementary solid color bands. The message about "working hard to replenish our inventory" is gone. So I'm not holding out much hope for anything coming back into stock before our trip.

And my Thumper band didn't get sent. They just decided to substitute a grey one and it doesn't even have the same customized name I ordered. They just used "ANNE" which is my profile name but not what I selected for the band. What is particularly irritating is that Thumper went out of stock. Came back into stock the next day. And then was out of stock again a day later. if the CM on the phone had been able to see that the order didn't work when I called (and waited on hold for 30 minutes), I could have ordered Thumper the next day for my AP band. But instead I trusted the CM and now I have a prison grey magic band to show for it

Someone on another site said she customized her band for a trip in October and has gotten her bands already. So they clearly didn't think any of this through and aren't waiting to ship until 11 days in advance. She got some of her bands, but one custom band they substituted a green solid band. They must like her better.
    Anne...
    Try the CM roulette and call AP services - if nothing else, maybe they can give you one with the name as you wanted it to be.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Good point Mark. Somehow it makes me feel better to know there was probably nothing I could do (other than wishing I would have just ordered when we initially made the selections). I am irritated that Disney didn't think things through more and do a 45-60 day limit like you suggest. I can understand why those with trips many months out would want to order right away when you can't rely on WDW to have the program working and bands in stock in the future. It was like a run on the bank for magic bands. But at least in the scheme of things this will not impact the enjoyment of the trip in any way.

I am sure they would send me whatever color and name I would like in the complementary magic bands, but at this point I have every solid color I want, so probably not worth the time to call. What I wish they would offer as a solution for those of us with trips likely to fall before inventory is replaced is a voucher for a $14.99 discount on any of the magic bands in stock when at WDW.

Mine came in correctly today. All 4 new design bands with the AP sliders.

I did some lurking at that other forum today and there are multiple reports of people receiving packages with plain color band(s) randomly substituted for upgraded band(s) in confirmed orders with no explanation and no refund. CMs are reportedly more flustered and uninformed than usual, with reports of customers initially being assured that Disney would never, under any circumstances, take an order, confirm it, charge for it, and then make a substitution without any notification and without a refund being automatically given. To be fair, I can understand why a CM would believe that. Eventually those complaints move past that, get escalated but none are currently reported as resolved. I expect all those people will eventually get $10 refunds, but I think it will take some time and I doubt they will be satisfied even then not to have received the bands they ordered. Lots of people are in a position where an entire family but one member currently has a deluxe band and the one person has a random plain color.
    On the plus side, for that forum, even the people who have that problem seem remarkably calm about it.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

My order is scheduled for delivery Friday. I’ll report back here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Good point Mark. Somehow it makes me feel better to know there was probably nothing I could do (other than wishing I would have just ordered when we initially made the selections). I am irritated that Disney didn't think things through more and do a 45-60 day limit like you suggest. I can understand why those with trips many months out would want to order right away when you can't rely on WDW to have the program working and bands in stock in the future. It was like a run on the bank for magic bands. But at least in the scheme of things this will not impact the enjoyment of the trip in any way.

I am sure they would send me whatever color and name I would like in the complementary magic bands, but at this point I have every solid color I want, so probably not worth the time to call. What I wish they would offer as a solution for those of us with trips likely to fall before inventory is replaced is a voucher for a $14.99 discount on any of the magic bands in stock when at WDW.
    I think the voucher is a good idea. another option is to get a decal from etsy or magic my band, or there are some others. Ive used My Fantasy Bands in the past but they dont have thumper...

Quote Originally Posted by pixarprincess View Post
    I think the voucher is a good idea. another option is to get a decal from etsy or magic my band, or there are some others. Ive used My Fantasy Bands in the past but they dont have thumper...

This is my suggestion as well. I've used magic your band and my fantasy bands for several trips. Lots of variety to choose from. Magicyourband.com has a customize option so they might be willing to design Thumper for you.

Love magicyourbands!
    Brandi

Our order for our trip at the end of June arrived today. Wife got the pink park snacks band, and I settled for the Spaceship Earth band. They were out of my first choice - Darth Vader.
    June 2004 ASMO; Dec 2005 POP; Feb 2007 POP; March 2011 POR; March 2014 POR; Feb 2015 BWV; Sept 2015 PVB; Jan 2016 AKV Jambo (kind of); Feb 2016 OKW; Sept 2016 PVB; Feb/March 2017 BWV/PVB; Aug/Sept 2017 BCV; Feb 2018 BLT/CCV

MY TRIP REPORTS

Quote Originally Posted by mgarbowski View Post
    Lots of people are in a position where an entire family but one member currently has a deluxe band and the one person has a random plain color.
    This is a snag I was hoping to avoid. The first order of magic bands came and younger son has a custom magic band and older son a plain band. And of course older son expresses discontent about this turn of events. Disney online has almost all the sold out bands in stock for $24.99, including the one older son wants. So then the internal debate begins...

This morning the site has started showing 50+ options again, but though you can choose anything and customize them, when you try to order it fails again and your choices disappear. Nobody seems to know if this means they have stock but the system is glitchy or if the system is super glitchy and they don't have any stock.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,

Not that I'm all that surprised... but you'd think they'd manage to handle this better than they did. Makes me VERY apprehensive about how this weekends DL starwars opening is going to go... especially being that we live just a few blocks from the park

Quote Originally Posted by mgarbowski View Post
    This morning the site has started showing 50+ options again, but though you can choose anything and customize them, when you try to order it fails again and your choices disappear. Nobody seems to know if this means they have stock but the system is glitchy or if the system is super glitchy and they don't have any stock.
    Back to just showing the solid colors, so both super glitchy and out of stock is the right guess.

Back to just showing the solid colors, so both super glitchy and out of stock is the right guess.
    I've seen a small number of people assert they successfully ordered today, but I have low confidence those will be fulfilled. It seems very unlikely they suddenly had inventory again for 40+ deluxe bands, and then sold out again within 1-2 hours. When availability does recover, I expect it will be -- at least initially - for a smaller number of designs for which they have considerable inventory. I know Disney has screwed this up but they are not completely stupid, and the approach I just described is the most stable path forward.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,

that's a shame
    Out of curiosity, I tried to order MB's for our August trip a minute ago; I couldn't get onto the page.

"Access Unavailable"
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

Great News!!!! They are trying to fix the problem. We will see if this actually works...

Right now if you have a CONFIRMED magic band order and your arrival date is July 3 or early you can call the phone line that is in the packing slip:
    1-800-328-0327

They will look on the shop Disney web site and IF the magic band you ordered that was substituted for a plain band is listed as in stock, they will place a discounted order for you for $10.00 per band. They will not be able to put a custom name on it. The phone agent said she could not 100% guarantee that the bands are in stock. She can only go based on the fact that the website is allowing her to put it in her cart and go through to check out but we will only know for sure once the fulfillment center gets the order packed and shipped and then I will get a confirmation email letting me know if everything was indeed in stock.

She said for anyone with a magic band order for arrivals AFTER July 3 there is an email that will be sent shortly which will explain options. But I wasn't told what those options would be. If your arrival date is after 7/3 they won't fix the order by phone at this time and you need to wait for the email.

If you were unable to place an order at all with any custom bands, then you are out of luck for now. They direct you to the website to customize complementary bands in solid colors. She fixed my 6/26 arrival order that had grey substituted for Thumper (hopefully). But she could not take a new order for my post-cruise 7/3 stay where I hadn't made an order and was waiting to see if things came back in to stock.

ETA: I should add that the bands are at the discounted rate of $10 per band, but if your card was successfully charged when you placed the initial order then there is no additional charge for the corrected order.
    Last edited by Anne; 05-30-2019 at 06:42 PM.

UPDATE: Today I received the three pride magic bands I ordered on the first day.

UPDATE: Today I received the three pride magic bands I ordered on the first day.
    Glad to hear your order worked!

Thanks for keeping the hope alive!
    Brandi

I was told by a cast member today that they had a team meeting g and were told that the bands should be in stock and the website operational in Early July (no exact date). There is still hope for those with summer trips.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk