Thread: Tower of Terror FP

Tower of Terror FP

Is this unusual that the earliest FP I'm seeing for ToT for 2 people 60 days in advance (booking today for 7/4) is 3:45 pm?
    I know there aren't a lot of rides at HS making those FP harder to get. But is this worse than usual? Is it the holiday?

ETA: This seems odd. RnR is still available at 9 am

I think it's because ToT will be operating at half-capacity most of the summer due to a refurbishment. I noticed them same limited-availability when I was booking for late May.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...urbishment.htm
    Walt Disney World Trips
    1997 1 day in MK only | 1999 Coronado Springs | 2003 Riverside | 2004 French Quarter | 2006 Riverside | 2007 offsite w/ HS band | 2009 Grand Floridian | 2010 offsite; Water Park only | 2011 Wilderness Lodge | 2013 Contemporary | 2015 Polynesian
    | 2018 French Quarter

It probably is related to the capacity issue. In the past, the same thing happened to me with RnRc. I am trying to remember the exact issue and if the morning times ever did open. If I remember, I'll post again.

that's a shame
    Re the capacity issue...yesterday we did ToT at RD, when we finished, the stand by line was out front along the wall past the wait time sign, and the posted wait time was 70 minutes. Late morning/early afternoon the stand by wait was over two hours (maybe a bit inflated because RNRC was down for a few hours).
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Re the capacity issue...yesterday we did ToT at RD, when we finished, the stand by line was out front along the wall past the wait time sign, and the posted wait time was 70 minutes. Late morning/early afternoon the stand by wait was over two hours (maybe a bit inflated because RNRC was down for a few hours).
    Dang! Thanks for the heads up! We are going to EMM at HS. If we can't get ahead of the RD crowd, I guess we will just skip it. After breakfast and our FPs, we are hopping to another park. I couldn't get a morning FP for ToT at 61 days.

Does anyone know when this is supposed to be done? I am booking fast passes for the first week in August and currently have one for RnR to use after we ride both RnR and then ToT standby. I'm wondering if we should just do RnR twice in standby and then use a FP for ToT instead?
    1/07 POFQ1/09 offsite1/11 POP/AKL1/13 BWV9/14 F&W@BWV12/14 Girls only@BCV8/15 POP10/16 F&W@BWV 6/18 DD16th@AKV 8/19 Girls only@AKV

Hoping to someday be as patient as Kanga . . .

Quote Originally Posted by KangaFan View Post
    Does anyone know when this is supposed to be done? I am booking fast passes for the first week in August and currently have one for RnR to use after we ride both RnR and then ToT standby. I'm wondering if we should just do RnR twice in standby and then use a FP for ToT instead?
    I'm in the same boat. We'll be there the last week of July and I opted for the "better safe than sorry" route and chose RnR standby and FP for ToT. I haven't seen an estimated completion date anywhere, so I just assumed it will still be ongoing when we're there.

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    I've seen "through summer 2019" and "until fall 2019" pretty consistently. I believe they'd like to have full capacity restored by the time Star Wars opens...
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

I had this issue with TOT his morning, as well. Even looking for just 2 people at 60+2 and 60+7, I got evening times. In fairness, it wasn’t my first booking priority so it was about 7:20am by the time I looked for it. I had lots of Olaf losing his head this morning...

Thanks for the info, everyone. I switched to ToT for those who want to ride and had no problem getting 9:30am for a party of 6 on August 6.
    1/07 POFQ1/09 offsite1/11 POP/AKL1/13 BWV9/14 F&W@BWV12/14 Girls only@BCV8/15 POP10/16 F&W@BWV 6/18 DD16th@AKV 8/19 Girls only@AKV

Hoping to someday be as patient as Kanga . . .

ToT is struggling. Limping along.
    We just got home and hit up HS on a DAH night and a EMM
    On DAH night, it went down right at 9:30 and didn't resume operation until 12:00 (DAH ends at 12:30) and then only 1 of the 2 elevators was working. We got in line at 12:18 and out at 1:20. Got a private bus back to the resort, at least.
    Went 2 days later for EMM and it was down the entire time, along with Slinky.
    No idea when it finally came back online but it finally did

By the way, in case you wonder, why the efforts for 1 ride, it's DGD's favorite ride in all of Disney, and she doesn't like much at all.

I managed to get TOT at 60+4 for 9am when I booked FP on Tuesday. I got FOP first then moved on to HS since I had been seeing how difficult it is to get. We are doing EMM that morning and I want to rope drop RNR then do TOT before going back for breakfast. I figure if it goes down I will have an anytime FP to use later in the day and I also got a RNR FP in case there is a problem with that first thing in the morning.
    August 2019 - POP/SSR
    April 2018 - ASMOVIES/BONNET CREEK - DD's Senior Trip
    April 2017 - ASMUSIC/SSR
    April 2016 - SSR
    Nov 2011 - BWV
    Sep 2007 - Shades of Green
    Sep 2004 - Shades of Green