Thread: There go my fall rope drops...

There go my fall rope drops...

Every day this fall MK and AK will have regular 8am opens with EMH from 7-8am and HS will have 9am-10pm park hours with 6-9am EMH. So my 9am rope drop plans for early October at MK and AK are out the window. To rope drop anything besides EPCOT will require us to get moving at 5am (HS) or 6am (MK or AK) for EMH - brutal! Fortunately, it's not our first or last trip, but I still wish they could have done evenings a couple days per week so we could have a couple reasonable rope drops at MK and AK.
    Jen

he's right
    This is quite clever. Only one PM EMH per week will potentially drive more traffic to the DAH event$ and the Partie$.

I hope there are DAH events at this point. If that's the ruse, it will work on us. It seems unlikely to me, however. MK already has MNSSHP, HS will already be open 16 hours (6am-10pm) daily. I suppose they could offer DAH at AK from 8-11 some nights.
    Last edited by BSS; 05-04-2019 at 05:42 PM.
    Jen

Holy Cow.. I think I like it. Although a 6:00am rope drop will take some effort I'm sure it'll be worth it. Even the 7:00 RD's will be a good investment. Thank goodness for afternoon naps.. lol
    We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!

My daughter and I have a long weekend trip booked at the end of September specifically for Galaxy’s Edge. This works perfectly for us.
    June 2004 ASMO; Dec 2005 POP; Feb 2007 POP; March 2011 POR; March 2014 POR; Feb 2015 BWV; Sept 2015 PVB; Jan 2016 AKV Jambo (kind of); Feb 2016 OKW; Sept 2016 PVB; Feb/March 2017 BWV/PVB; Aug/Sept 2017 BCV; Feb 2018 BLT/CCV

MY TRIP REPORTS

I'm happy that it works well for others. We will manage it, but we will need to alter our plans a bit. We always take an afternoon break anyway. Since it's just me and DS21, though, we don't love getting up so super early even at Disney. We did a 7am HS EMM last October, so I know we can make it. It's just not our preference especially at every park, every morning.
    Jen

Quote Originally Posted by 3dadknight View Post
    My daughter and I have a long weekend trip booked at the end of September specifically for Galaxy’s Edge. This works perfectly for us.
    That sounds fun! I’d get up at 4:30 for this.
    Brandi

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolarookie View Post
    That sounds fun! I’d get up at 4:30 for this.
    We get up at 2:15 four straight mornings to run 48.6 miles for the Dopey Challenge, so a 4:30 alarm without having to run a marathon is like a real Disney vacation by comparison.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    We get up at 2:15 four straight mornings to run 48.6 miles for the Dopey Challenge, so a 4:30 alarm without having to run a marathon is like a real Disney vacation by comparison.
    Wow, but I’m not so much interested in that.
    Brandi

Sigh. I donít honestly mind getting up for an 8 am rope drop. Small kids and all were up at 6:30 anyway. All EMH bugs me as we donít stay on property (I like to actually sleep on my vacation and that doesnít work in a normal hotel room.) but I can safely assume the normal Disney person wonít get up for a 7 am magic hour right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower0530 View Post
    I can safely assume the normal Disney person won’t get up for a 7 am magic hour right?
    I would not assume that, no. If they're not lined up at 5:45am to be at the front of the pack, there will be MANY arriving around 7am, building from there.

I was sitting here when I saw these hours. We first planned September to avoid Galaxys Edge. Came to accept it would be open. Then have been sitting here waiting for the hour changes. I have wanted to do zero planning just knowing changes will happen. I knew they would, but was hoping there would be a mixture of night and morning hours. We are just not morning people. We can push ourselves to do an 8am, but 6am. Ugh on vacation. That means really needing to be there at 5am as you know they will likely allow people in even earlier then 6am in past experience. So leaving around 4:45am. No thanks.

The only thing I do see as a plus right now is at least we will avoid the heat. We can be back at the resort midday when typically we wouldn't break until 2/3 and have the afternoon to rest. I just don't see us making any late night shows this trip if we try to hit these early morning hours though.
    Jessica

DS (7) and DS (5)

JUNE 1989: Fort Wilderness and Disney Inn
    MAR 1996: Offsite
    NOV 2014 and 2015: Pop Century
    JUNE 2016: Gaylord Palms/Beach
    NOV 2016: CBR
    DEC 2017 and 2018: Pop Century

he's right
    Quote Originally Posted by crewsn View Post
    I just don't see us making any late night shows this trip if we try to hit these early morning hours though.
    If your trip is more than a few days, it is unlikely that you will want to be up early every single day. Plan for a sleep-in morning, with the morning off, and you can be out late the night before. You can be out to a reasonable hour the night before an Epcot non-EMH morning, as well. I've almost always planned a sleep-in morning and those are great paired with a World Showcase afternoon and dinner in Epcot, maybe going home before fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by bnoble View Post
    I've almost always planned a sleep-in morning and those are great paired with a World Showcase afternoon and dinner in Epcot, maybe going home before fireworks.
    We work late arrival days into our plans. Sometimes it's just a lazy morning of getting up and arriving at the park around 10. Other times it's ropedropping a water park (they open at 10). In looking at our July plans, we've got a couple of rope drop, break, fireworks, sleep in sequences.

Quote Originally Posted by bnoble View Post
    If your trip is more than a few days, it is unlikely that you will want to be up early every single day. Plan for a sleep-in morning, with the morning off, and you can be out late the night before. You can be out to a reasonable hour the night before an Epcot non-EMH morning, as well. I've almost always planned a sleep-in morning and those are great paired with a World Showcase afternoon and dinner in Epcot, maybe going home before fireworks.
    We usually do the same with Epcot. I am now just going I probably should have arranged my days differently. Already set our dining in place. I could rearrange, but I know some would be a pain to find. Animal Kingdom is another we sleep in for. Which will probably be a must after the day before getting up really early for Hollywood Studios.
    Jessica

DS (7) and DS (5)

JUNE 1989: Fort Wilderness and Disney Inn
    MAR 1996: Offsite
    NOV 2014 and 2015: Pop Century
    JUNE 2016: Gaylord Palms/Beach
    NOV 2016: CBR
    DEC 2017 and 2018: Pop Century

I think I've now found a good mix of early mornings and later starts. It also helps that DS21, who is a HUGE Star Wars fan, has made it clear that we will just do what we can on this trip and he's fine with that. He would love to check out SWGE, but isn't sure he wants to wait hours for Smuggler's Run. He says he's fine with however it plays out. DH wants to take both the boys and do a guys trip to the Star Wars hotel once it is open, so DS21 knows there is a SWGE centered trip on the horizon at some point.
    Jen

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Holy Cow.. I think I like it. Although a 6:00am rope drop will take some effort I'm sure it'll be worth it. Even the 7:00 RD's will be a good investment. Thank goodness for afternoon naps.. lol
    Exactly! that should help for sure.

Our plan of attack:

RP @ 6-7am depending on park.
    Leave at lunch 12-1pm
    Sleep for 3 hrs
    Return around dinner 5-6p

Try to t urn into a sleeping pumpkin before midnight.
    Jan-Feb '05 ASM, Jan-Feb '06 Pop, Jan-Feb '15 CBR, April '16 AoA, Aug-Sept '16 CSR, Oct-Nov '16 PORr, Feb 1-5 '17 PORr, WMHS Band April 6-13 '18 AKL, Mar 5-10 '19 AoA