Thread: Split visit question

Split visit question

If we were to do a 4 night cruise in the middle of a Disney trip, will our tickets still be good for 1 more day at the end? I know it used to be 14 days but Iím not sure what the new restrictions are
    ~Stacey

its somewhat dependent on your dates with the new pricing. If you go to the tickets page and put in your number of dates and start date it will show you when its good without having to complete the transaction.

You can buy "Flexible Date" tickets that are good for up to 14 days after first use. These are the most expensive tickets.
    For regular tickets, to have a gap of 4 days in the middle, the tickets need to be at least 8 days long (7-day tickets must be used within a 10-day window; 8-day tickets may be used within a 12-day window).
    You will probably have to compare whether adding an extra day or 2 or 3 that you won't use is still cheaper than buying a separate 1-day ticket or buying Flexible Date tickets.

Edited to add: adding parkhopper plus to your tickets also gives you an extra day to use it, but I doubt that's ever the cheapest option if the only goal is to extend the date range in which you can use the ticket

I have nothing constructive to add, but these new tickets are a pain!

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Agreed! So confusing

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    They clearly didn't think about folks who split the park with a cruise
    Makes it harder for them. Dumb too since why discourage 2 park visits
    Most of the rest it's not a huge change unless you have a long trip and want only a few days in the parks. Then, if you have a package, I think it is length of stay. But not certain

Quote Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
    They clearly didn't think about folks who split the park with a cruise
    Makes it harder for them. Dumb too since why discourage 2 park visits
    Most of the rest it's not a huge change unless you have a long trip and want only a few days in the parks. Then, if you have a package, I think it is length of stay. But not certain

We go every other year for a trade show and have DVC so have to purchase tickets separately, for us this will be a pain as we will either have to add days we intentionally wont use if the trade show ends up needing to be mid trip days or go less days... I get why they are doing it and with the varied day pricing and all, but youd think they could come up with a more simple answer.

Quote Originally Posted by hizouse View Post
    You will probably have to compare whether adding an extra day or 2 or 3 that you won't use is still cheaper than buying a separate 1-day ticket or buying Flexible Date tickets.
    I agree!
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR