Thread: 3 Parks/1 Day - drive or ride buses?

3 Parks/1 Day - drive or ride buses?

We're heading to AKL over Memorial Day weekend and are planning to visit 3 parks on Memorial Day. We will have a car, but I'm wondering what will be fast--driving or riding buses? I just saw they're doing work at the TTC, so that has me concerned about the extra walking and time it will take to drive their and get to MK.

Here's our plan:

RD Epcot til 2-ish
    AK from 2:30-5:30 (have FP+ for Kali, Safari, and FOP)
    MK from 6:15-ish to close

Could I be looking at a long wait for buses from park to park? We could always drive to Epcot and AK, then park at AKL and ride bus to MK if that's faster.

Thanks!

I wouldn't want to drive to the TTC and the park to park bus would be fastest from AK to MK. But going back to the Lodge and parking and getting on a bus there is not likely to be a whole lot faster either.

If I was park hopping without MK I would probably drive.
    Park hopping with MK I would probably just take Disney transportation all day, minnie van, or lyft/uber between parks and not bother with the car.

he's right
    I would just drive. I would *not* want to deal with trying to get back to wherever you left your car after a day that with that much packed into it. You also need more than a half hour to get from Epcot to AK, no matter how you do it, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bnoble View Post
    I would just drive. I would *not* want to deal with trying to get back to wherever you left your car after a day that with that much packed into it. You also need more than a half hour to get from Epcot to AK, no matter how you do it, IMO.
    Good to know, thanks!

To the other commenter's point, I'm now wondering about doing Lyft between parks. I'm guessing AKL to Epcot would be fairly simple early in the a.m. But maybe Lyft would cut down on extra wait time between parks?

Quote Originally Posted by cathp5 View Post
    Good to know, thanks!

To the other commenter's point, I'm now wondering about doing Lyft between parks. I'm guessing AKL to Epcot would be fairly simple early in the a.m. But maybe Lyft would cut down on extra wait time between parks?
    I agree, the morning buses to Epcot are usually not much of a wait. And now you can check bus arrival time on the app. We usually just take lyft/minnie van/taxi at RD if we miss a bus and are in a hurry. Although a few times the bus we planned to take at RD ended up full and we had to wait for the next one.

It's too bad you can't check on bus arrival times at the park to know how long it will be for the next park to park bus. Usually a lyft will be faster than the bus between parks unless you time things just right and the bus comes right away. Or in the reverse if the lyft is 15 minutes away and you've already called it and a bus shows up before the lyft that can be frustrating. One thing to be aware of, only Minnie Vans can drop off at Magic Kingdom at the bus loop. So if you plan to take lyft/taxi/uber to Magic Kingdom you are better off being dropped at Contemporary and walking to MK, rather than being dropped at the TTC (because then you might as well drive yourself all day).

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    It's too bad you can't check on bus arrival times at the park to know how long it will be for the next park to park bus. Usually a lyft will be faster than the bus between parks unless you time things just right and the bus comes right away. Or in the reverse if the lyft is 15 minutes away and you've already called it and a bus shows up before the lyft that can be frustrating. One thing to be aware of, only Minnie Vans can drop off at Magic Kingdom at the bus loop. So if you plan to take lyft/taxi/uber to Magic Kingdom you are better off being dropped at Contemporary and walking to MK, rather than being dropped at the TTC (because then you might as well drive yourself all day).
    Thank you, this is super helpful. I didn't realize you couldn't see how long it would be for a bus. So I think we might plan to do a bus in the a.m., then Uber/Lyft between parks.

Thanks, everyone!