Thread: August Park Hours

August Park Hours

Any idea when the Disney will release the August park hours? We have gone the last number of years during Spring Break and they always seemed to have 8am openings at MK and 7am EMH. We are early morning people and love to get to the parks for as soon as they open. 9am seems so late Lol.
    August 2019 - POP/SSR
    April 2018 - ASMOVIES/BONNET CREEK - DD's Senior Trip
    April 2017 - ASMUSIC/SSR
    April 2016 - SSR
    Nov 2011 - BWV
    Sep 2007 - Shades of Green
    Sep 2004 - Shades of Green

August Hrs are up on the WDW site. It seems the last 12+ months they have changed more regularly up to 30 days out. Its frustrating as it makes planning hard, June is still showing mostly 9am's and last year there were definitely more 8am's. I now just start planning based on the posted times and adjust if I can if and when they change.

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydaisy View Post
    Any idea when the Disney will release the August park hours? We have gone the last number of years during Spring Break and they always seemed to have 8am openings at MK and 7am EMH. We are early morning people and love to get to the parks for as soon as they open. 9am seems so late Lol.
    We've gone in August many times and I can't recall any regular 8am opens -- except maybe around the Toy Story Land opening at DHS and Pandora opening at AK.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

I often go in August and the likelihood of 8am openings is very small. They might extend closing time at MK, but I doubt it. I just checked my notes from last August (21-29) and MK was always 9-9 (except party nights), EP always 9-9, HS 8-10:30 through Aug 25 (but this was related to opening of Toy Story Land), and AK 9-8:30. This year, it looks like all parks are 9-9, every day (except party nights).

I see from your signature that you are staying on property so take advantage of the parks with AM EMH to get some early touring in. Also, you can have a very successful AK RD by arriving at 7:30am, channel your early morning energy there. You can read about my experience doing just that here - https://www.easywdw.com/forums/showt...and-Artsy-Trip
    Feb 2019-Festival of the Arts (POFQ); Nov 2018-40th Birthday Trip (Pop); Aug 2018-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil), Nov 2017-Wine & Dine 5K (Pop), Aug 2017-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); May 2017-Tinkerbell 10K (Disneyland); Novr 2016-Wine & Dine 10K (POFQ); Aug 2016-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Nov 2015-1st Solo Trip (All-Star Movies); Aug 2015-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Aug 2014-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil)

As most of us are, I'm a major WDW planner, and going over my old itineraries for August 2014 and 2015 (ancient history!) there were no 8am opens on my handy dandy spreadsheets.

BB

BDUB32
    "It's all part of the experience, honey."

Cast: Me - The Planner/Disney Lover, DW - The Reluctant Participant, DS14 - The Student, DD8 - The Princess, DD6 - The Terror

WDW Offsite: Summer 198? (when Epcot was new and still cool), Spring Break 1990, January 2003, Spring Break 2013
    WDW Onsite: August 2014 - Split POR/DYC, August 2015 - CBR, Spring Break 2016 - POFQ
    DLR Offsite: June 2018

Thanks everyone. Looks like I will be planning for the 9am openings with the exception of a couple of the EMH days we will be going to. We do have EMM for HWS and MK so that will certainly help out.
    August 2019 - POP/SSR
    April 2018 - ASMOVIES/BONNET CREEK - DD's Senior Trip
    April 2017 - ASMUSIC/SSR
    April 2016 - SSR
    Nov 2011 - BWV
    Sep 2007 - Shades of Green
    Sep 2004 - Shades of Green