Thread: Digital Rider Swap

Digital Rider Swap

Has anyone used rider swap since the change to digital last summer?

Based on what Iíve seen elsewhere, everyone in your party has to have a fast pass for the ride that you want to swap on.

Anyone have personal experience? Thanks!
    Jessica

November 2014 - All-Star Music - My 1st Trip to WDW with Husband & 2 1/2 year-old Son - Trip Report

May 2019 - Off-site - with 4 kids (ages 7, 2 1/2, 2 1/2, and 9 months)

he's right
    Quote Originally Posted by browneyedgirl View Post
    Based on what I’ve seen elsewhere, everyone in your party has to have a fast pass for the ride that you want to swap on.
    I'm guessing but if the first party wants to ride standby you might not need them?

In any event, I am not surprised. Disney has been closing the well-known loopholes one at a time.

We used it in Dec and everyone did not need a fastpass. So it didnít change it that way. The only annoying part of the change was now there is a return window. Sometimes it was only an hour, but sometimes they gave you the whole day to use it (but not a whole month like they used to). But you can still do they fastpasses the same way. Like book some for soarin and the rest for test track, then use the rider switch to ride both. They were very strict about needing to see the baby and they needed to scan the magic bands of everyone receiving the swap (up to 3 people)

We just returned on Tuesday from our trip. I didn't have a FP+ for SM and the Cast Member was ready to scan my husband's MagicBand, as I rode. The only problem.... my husband was caught up in the crowd with the double stroller, so he missed out ;)

Thanks for the replies!

We used it last summer when it was quite new and used it at DL the fall prior to that, when it was new there. I personally would only be making FP for party 1. We were often asked if we had FPes, but I soon realized that wasn't because party 2 needed them--they were simply setting the return time for the swap. The only time anyone mentioned party 2 needing a FP was at 7DMT. The cast member told us "next time" to have a FP for everyone (Party 1 and 2). The next time we did not use FP, but used a DAS pass. Everyone in Party 1 was on the DAS, but no one in party 2 was and they were able to get swaps with no problem.
    They will almost certainly make you show your non-rider (never tried to get one without my non-rider there) and you can only have one swap at a time. But you can have both a swap and a FP. I also was able to have them scan the band of a party 2 member who was not at the line entrance with no problem.