Thread: Top of the World Lounge

that's a shame

Top of the World Lounge

Can we drive to BLT and park there if we're going to TotWL?
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

I have read it depends on who is working the gate. Technically, they might as for a dining reservation (which you wouldn't have) but some may let you through anyway if you explain why you are there.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR; Aug '20 AKV

I agree it depends on whos working the gate and how busy the resort is. You can always give it a shot, worst case they turn you away. Of course you could always uber there instead and there would be no issue.

that's a shame
    Quote Originally Posted by pixarprincess View Post
    I agree it depends on whos working the gate and how busy the resort is. You can always give it a shot, worst case they turn you away. Of course you could always uber there instead and there would be no issue.
    We'll have a rental car, I'm considering driving straight from the airport to BLT to catch HEA. Just for the fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    We'll have a rental car, I'm considering driving straight from the airport to BLT to catch HEA. Just for the fun of it.
    I'd go for it. There is no real harm if you get turned away other than a little wasted time.

We stayed at BLT for 2 nights Star Wars race weekend (so fairly busy) and there was still plenty of parking. If you were arriving later anyway (not trying to scheme your way to walk to MK and legitimately just going to ToWL) I don’t think they would have any problem with you just parking there. Go for it!
    Kim

I’m not trying to be a downer or say that you won’t be able to park at BLT to go to TWL, and I hope it works out for you since it seems there is usually a lot of available parking. But be prepared with an alternative plan. The DVC website says this about parking on the TWL page:

Parking is only available to those staying at Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort or Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Members traveling from other Resorts must use Walt Disney World Transportation.

June 2004 ASMO; Dec 2005 POP; Feb 2007 POP; March 2011 POR; March 2014 POR; Feb 2015 BWV; Sept 2015 PVB; Jan 2016 AKV Jambo (kind of); Feb 2016 OKW; Sept 2016 PVB; Feb/March 2017 BWV/PVB; Aug/Sept 2017 BCV; Feb 2018 BLT/CCV

MY TRIP REPORTS

that's a shame
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dadknight View Post
    I’m not trying to be a downer or say that you won’t be able to park at BLT to go to TWL, and I hope it works out for you since it seems there is usually a lot of available parking. But be prepared with an alternative plan. The DVC website says this about parking on the TWL page:

Parking is only available to those staying at Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort or Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Members traveling from other Resorts must use Walt Disney World Transportation.

Thanks for finding that. The last thing I want to do is waste time getting shot down, so I think we'll park at TTC and monorail (or Uber??) to BLT.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Thanks for finding that. The last thing I want to do is waste time getting shot down, so I think we'll park at TTC and monorail (or Uber??) to BLT.
    Or go to MK and walk to BLT?

I stayed in Orlando with friends for a weekend last fall. On a Saturday night we decided to go monorail hopping for drinks starting at the CR. I drove right in and said we were meeting friends for dinner. The man at the gate didn't hesitate and let us right in.
    10/88 - Off Site, 5/89 -Off Site, 4/94 - Poly, 5/96 - Swan, 9/99 - Tree House Villas, 3/02 - WL, 3/04 - CR, 11/11 - Poly,
    10/16 - POR