Thread: WL Lake view vs. Fireworks view?

WL Lake view vs. Fireworks view?

We are going to be staying at WL later this year during a crowded time (me, DS 21, DD 14). I originally decided on Courtyard View, and requesting view of Bay Lake. But then I saw Josh's Your First Visit note that since they cut down trees for construction, you can see the castle and fireworks on the Standard view side. We are going during an extremely busy time of year, so we will only have 1 night in MK, and other nights we will make early nights to go back to the resort and have dinner, relax, hang out by the pool, etc. So it would be cool to sit on our balcony and watch fireworks without the press of humanity on those nights (I know it's not the same as being in the park, we will do that too, but just a nice way to relax at our room on a night or two). We love water views too! And look forward to using the boat and pool, etc. So I guess we really couldn't go wrong either way. (I don't mind the price difference if we go with the Courtyard view.) I kind of know which way I'm leaning (the kids give me "either is fine with me" so they aren't much help ) I just wanted to get some "informed" thoughts on which to pick, in case there's something I haven't thought of. Anyone who has stayed at WL and had these views? What is the likelyhood of getting the view I want either way (and not an obstructed view)? If you were picking, which way wou you go, and why?
    Andrea
    Seriously addicted to Disney
    Cast: Me DH DS (20) DD (13)

Past Trips:
    WDW (me as a kid) Dec 1972 🎢 WDW (ASMo) May 2003 🎢 WDW (ASMo) April 2007 🎢 WDW/NSSHP (CBR) Sept 2009 🎢 Cruise (Dream)/WDW (Poly)/NSSHP Oct 2011 🎢 WDW (CBR) Christmas 2011 🎢 DLR (Disneyland Hotel) Christmas 2012 🎢 WDW (POR) Thanksgiving/ MVMCP 2015 🎢 WDW (POR) July 2017 🎢 Heading Back (WL) December 2019!!!

WL = Wilderness Lodge to many. Did you typo and mean BL for Bay Lake? k

ETA: Sorry, I thought you were trying to mean Bay Lake Tower, but you do mean Wilderness Lodge? and I never knew you could see fireworks from there, so never mind that I commented at all .....

You can't go wrong. Since, you can always go down to the patio by Geyser Point and watch if you go with Courtyard View instead of Nature View side. They are no longer classified as Standard Views though. They've tagged them as Fireworks views now, just in case you hadn't noticed.
    Also, for the most part, all Courtyard room will be water views, and more than likely most views that can see fireworks will be able to see the water too. Maybe only a little but the lake is pretty visible from pretty much any room that can also see fireworks. It's possible that the very lower floor rooms on the inner side can't see the lake well, I'm trying to recall when we had a 1st floor room. I think you can still see it some through the trees.

Have you pulled up the room views from Touring Plans?

Quote Originally Posted by ptlohmysoul View Post

ETA: Sorry, I thought you were trying to mean Bay Lake Tower, but you do mean Wilderness Lodge? and I never knew you could see fireworks from there, so never mind that I commented at all .....
    You couldn't, until they cut down the trees for the cabins. Now you can.

Quote Originally Posted by ptlohmysoul View Post

No problem! Yes, I did mean Wilderness Lodge. Thanks!!
    Andrea

Past Trips:
    WDW (me as a kid) Dec 1972 🎢 WDW (ASMo) May 2003 🎢 WDW (ASMo) April 2007 🎢 WDW/NSSHP (CBR) Sept 2009 🎢 Cruise (Dream)/WDW (Poly)/NSSHP Oct 2011 🎢 WDW (CBR) Christmas 2011 🎢 DLR (Disneyland Hotel) Christmas 2012 🎢 WDW (POR) Thanksgiving/ MVMCP 2015 🎢 WDW (POR) July 2017 🎢 Heading Back (WL) December 2019!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
    You can't go wrong. Since, you can always go down to the patio by Geyser Point and watch if you go with Courtyard View instead of Nature View side. They are no longer classified as Standard Views though. They've tagged them as Fireworks views now, just in case you hadn't noticed.
    Also, for the most part, all Courtyard room will be water views, and more than likely most views that can see fireworks will be able to see the water too. Maybe only a little but the lake is pretty visible from pretty much any room that can also see fireworks. It's possible that the very lower floor rooms on the inner side can't see the lake well, I'm trying to recall when we had a 1st floor room. I think you can still see it some through the trees.

Have you pulled up the room views from Touring Plans?

You couldn't, until they cut down the trees for the cabins. Now you can.
    I was kind of thinking of going Courtyard and walking down to watch fireworks, but now you have me thinking otherwise I hadn't noticed they were marked as fireworks - do you mean on the WDW website when you reserve? We definitely want a higher floor anyway. I did try TP, but I think the photos are pre-tree cutting (either that, or I am looking in the wrong place ) Thanks for the help!!
    Andrea

Past Trips:

The photos at TP are user posted and yeah, probably many of them are posted prior to the trees being cut down. It’s probably kinda hard to tell.

Basically, if you see the areas where they have cabins now, it means there are not any trees there at this point.

As for the view categories, they’ve been playing around with them.
    They added Nature View, which seems to have stuck.
    There was a time where they had Nature View - Fireworks but that is now gone. May have been too few of them? It could be like over at BWI they got ride of Water View for the CL. There are only about 5, maybe 7, so they just stopped having those rooms in their own booking category.
    So who knows. I would think that to get a fireworks view it would have to be a Nature View because that is the only rooms that will face the direction to see the castle.

Yes, I think it's probably too difficult to tell on fireworks, so we will just stick to lake view Thanks!
    Andrea

Past Trips: