Thread: Is a 7DMT FP+ in the hand is worth 2 in the bush?

Is a 7DMT FP+ in the hand is worth 2 in the bush?

(this is a long one, bear with me)

We are planning an impromptu 20th anniversary trip next month that I booked last night. We were just at WDW in Feb and picked up some Annual Passes so the Disney math is making this a possibility.

I was initially thinking-

Thurs: HS am/ AK pm (FP here)
    Fri: MK am (FP here)/ EP wander around WS
    Sat MK am for ambiance- Leave around 1-

As soon as I booked the hotel, I scooped up any and all FPs I could find and then tried to organize my day. We are about 33 days out. I could only get 1 7DMT which was much later than I would like and not on my ideal day.

Thurs: MK Park Hours 9-9 (Disney After hours even at MK)
    BTMR 1:40-2:40
    PPF 3:05-4:05
    7DMT 4:10-5:10

Fri: MK Park Hours 8-9 (EMH at MK)
    PPF 10:35-11:35
    Splash 11:40-12:40
    Space 12:50-1:50

Sat:
    PPF 11:20-12:20
    Splash 12:50-1:50
    BTMR 2-3

Here's the $10,000 question- Should I keep my day schedule as I originally intended or should I move my park days around? What are my chances of getting another 7DMT at a better time? If I keep the FPs, I could do:

Thurs: HS am/ MK (FP here)
    Fri: MK am (FP here)/ EP wander around WS
    Sat AK (FP) Leave around 1-

I do love to end at MK but I will survive if that is not the best plan.

Thoughts?
    MaryEllen

That depends on whether you would be giving up a FOP FP+ on Thurs. I would use the FP+ in the hand rather than the back up plan of rope dropping it. While last minute FP+ are possible, I would never count on it.

With an AP, I would be more likely to be willing to miss one ride since I could hope to do it again fairly soon. It's just 1 ride, and you probably rode it in February (did you?). Stick with your original plan unless 7DMT has some sort of special significance for you that would mean extra on an anniversary trip.

I'm an AP holder, but am in no way an expert! I went for one-day in early March while in town for work, I had three FP+ (but wasn't able to get one for 7DMT). I never saw availability that day to pick one up (but did pick up PP twice).

Went later in March with my cousin--we had FP+ scheduled for 7DMT on our MK day, but much later than I hoped. The night before I played around with changing it on the app and was able to move it from 9 pm to 9 am.

My suggestion would be to keep the FP if it is a priority and work to move it earlier night before or day of.

Good luck!

Thanks for the replies-

We ended up keeping our FPs and doing 2 back to back 1/2 days in MK. It gives me a little less downtime than I would have liked but its a short trip anyway so we can rest on the plane. Unless Frontier runs another crazy deal ($182 RT for 3 of us) our next trip will be next Feb so we really want to to 7DMT again. Unlike every other family in the world, FOP was a bit too much sensory overload for my girl so that will be off the must do list until next year.
    MaryEllen