Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help me choose WDW moderate resort

Quote Originally Posted by Nia View Post
    There wasn't much availability for June. No availability at all at csr or pofq or cbr at all. Expensive rooms for POR.

Booked August 2020 POFQ for 2 weeks with QDP. I will keep looking if some more availability is added for June later.
    Exactly what we did as well. We had planned on late June but availability was very limited with only CSR Tower Club Level, No FQ and only CBR pirate rooms.
    Instead booked POFQ Garden View for 14 nights from 6th July. Standard view would have been 200 less but wasn't available until later in July which wouldn't suit our circumstances next year

Delighted to have it booked

hope we can use the quiet pools at POR. I am bit disappointed there was so little available for June

I hope you will find this works out great for you. We have stayed at both POR and POFQ, and I strongly preferred POFQ. It was great to stay there and use the amenities at POR when we wanted. I have fallen in love with Wilderness Lodge, but I would gladly do another stay at POFQ! And I agree with others that it's worth the slightly higher rate (for me anyway).

I wonder is there a point of giving them a call in few days to see if any availability for June is added? There is a lot more advertised on attraction tickets direct than Disney travel company with same offer.

Flights are so much cheaper in June! I was just happy that I have secondary school child that finishes school earlier (mid June) and we can have lower cost flight! We don't have anything planned for this year and August 2020 is soooo far! They have availability for the week of 4th of July and every week after, why not earlier?

I am sure they will add SSR and OKW after September but I don't fancy full DDP next time.

People that can go October must be disappointed. It's popular time to go. Over 100 000 people made attempt to get a quote yesterday from UK and Ireland. I did not realize how popular the offers are.

I am very happy with POFQ. I had my heart set on CSR or POFQ and I would have been happy with either. But I wish there are rooms for June.

more availability is out today btw. On hold for 40 minutes trying to see if we can move the booking for June.

WhooHoo! POFQ for two weeks form 13th of June!

Awesome, so glad you got what you wanted!

Yay!!! That is great news!

We are staying at POR for first time on June 18-25. We booked a royal room garden view. Never stayed there so very excited!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Royal rooms look awesome! I am happy with our choice too. Only 410 days to go :)

Suggestion - do take a look at portorleans.org. Lots of great info, including how to make room requests (we did, and got exactly what we wanted).

There is a lot of availability now for all dates. People comment on UK & Ireland deals and don't get me wrong - they are great. But if you want to make any changes you pay 73 usd on today's rate. It's no longer you only pay if your booking cost goes down, you pay if you do any changes apart from adding days to your booking. This is not part of your booking, you pay it immediately. If you have to cancel, you lose your deposit. For us it would be 220 usd. when you book 400 days ahead, there is real risk of this happening. My package is just short of 6000 usd with qdp, most uk and irish guest hire a car and will have to pay the fee for 2 weeks too.

They are still good deals, no doubt. But it is not a cheap holiday and if you want to do 5 day trip, the tickets would still be 2 weeks.

I think you are going to love POFQ. We've stayed at POFQ, POR and CSR. POFQ is by far my favorite. Like others have said, its intimate and rarely feels crowded. Even if you are in building 7 (the farthest one out) you are at most a 4 min walk to the lobby and bus stop. You would have to pay "preferred" to be that close in any other resort. If you have the resort mugs and need a cup of tea in the am, the compact resort size will be worth every penny. The updated food court is greatly improved and have some great choices now.

One bus stop means you are not making 3 mores stops before you leave the resort and that much quicker to RD. Having said that, we have grabbed the POR bus on the way home more than once and meandered back to POFQ. We've also wandered over to POR to use the pool & eat at the Riverside Mill food court.

And of course a nice boat ride to Disney Springs!
    MaryEllen

Good for you! You'll love it. The walk over to POR is really nice (along the river) and the boat to DS is great.
    10/88 - Off Site, 5/89 -Off Site, 4/94 - Poly, 5/96 - Swan, 9/99 - Tree House Villas, 3/02 - WL, 3/04 - CR, 11/11 - Poly,
    10/16 - POR

FWIW, we recently bought DVC and have stayed at AKL, Poly, BLT and BW...my husband still rates POFQ as his overall favorite resort.

Less than year to go! I am really looking forward. Thank you all for your help

CBR now became available. 17 nights cost at POFQ same as 18 at CBR. I am tempted to jump ship, I wonder if the gondolas will work well as transport?

Would you?

he's right
    I think I said this upthread, but I tend to pick Moderates based on theme, because I think they are otherwise more or less indistinguishable. And, for me, POFQ is the least interesting, thematically. I'm not entirely sure why, but I think that (again, for *me*) a sanitized, family-friendly version of NOLA just doesn't work. On the other hand, CBR is the one I haven't stayed at yet, so I'm no help there.

I have stayed at both, and although the Gondola may alleviate the bus issue at CBR, I would still go with POFQ, even at 1/17 greater cost. YMMV, but for us:
    1. Boat to Disney Springs > Gondola to Epcot/Hollywood Studios
    2. Access to Riverside pools > better main pool @ CBR
    3. Compact POFQ for amenities > sprawl @ CBR

I agree that it’s all about theme with the moderates. They seem so homogeneous to me, except FQ is smaller with no TS restaurant.

Just go what you like or what you’d rather pay for. To me, the pool and theme at CBR is way better than POR, but I can see why someone would think differently.
    Brandi