Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help me choose WDW moderate resort

help me choose WDW moderate resort

We are thinking of booking for next year as dinning deals are released early, and finish early in UK & Ireland .

Any info on how renovations are going at CBR and CSR? Would the option to take to skyliner from CBR make it more appealing?

We would like good food court. The last time we stayed at CBR was before the renovation and the food was really not good. We plan good few days and I like the look of POFQ but I think with teen boy we may miss the quiet pool.

would love to hear your thoughts on it!

Love CSR. Check out the website below

It would be standard room at CSR. Thanks I will

Am I right in saying that all moderates have coffee maker and small fridge in the rooms?

They do have small fridges and coffee maker. Although the fridge seemed more like a beverage cooler —small and not very cold. We’ve stayed at POR and CBR in the past, although it’s been several years, and we enjoyed staying at bothe. However, I frankly do not think moderates are worth the extra money.
    Brandi

Tom Bricker at disneytouristblog has some very detailed updates on CBR and the construction/new additions - you should check those out

nolarookie - The packages that are sold to us here year ahead of trip, during promotions messes up the actual cost of value vs moderate resort. Moderates come with free qsdp and deluxes come with ddp. Value resort hotels only come with one qs meal per day. If you upgrade some value hotels to full quick service plan it could end up more expensive. Pop and Art of Animation with QS plan would case as much as CSR with same plan. The rest of the value resorts can be cheaper.

I've not stayed at the others, but our last trip I took a chance on POFQ. The size of CBR and CSR turned me off, and I wasn't crazy about the 4 bus stops at POR. But I didn't really care for the quaint look of POFQ. Still... to me transportation is king and it by far has the best reputation. So I booked it.

Holy smokes.

Boy was I in for a treat. Despite it being sold out (spring break), it was still quiet and peaceful. A small resort that was easy to get around, and the bus transportation was top notch. Only one station and we never shared with POR. The atmosphere just felt right, beautifully landscaped, and the food in the QS restaurant was pretty good overall. Much better than our experience at Pop Century (which aside from the food, was a great place to stay). As an added bonus you can travel by riverboat to DS (same with POR) which was a nice little bonus. I wondered if I thought it would be worth the extra cash over a value resort, and now I have an answer. I'd book it again in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by projectx; 04-11-2019 at 08:32 AM.

We are big fans of POFQ, as well. I agree with projectx. The location is great, you usually have a dedicated bus (sometimes share with POR), smaller resort, fun theme and boat to DS. Plus, you can walk over to POR, explore the resort and use their amenities.

Is it worth extra 250 usd per week?

Quote Originally Posted by Nia View Post
    Nia- I think it is relative to what is important for you and your family. For my family, yes, it would be worth it. When in a busy park all day, I don't want to come back to a bustling resort. We stayed one night at CSR last year and for us personally, it seemed too big. We needed a golf cart to get to our room with luggage. However, my cousin and her family stay there every year and love it.

Another POFQ fan here. And mostly for the transportation. One bus stop, not 4+, dedicated buses during key departure times. And you can take the boat to Disney Springs, for more great dining choices. For food courts, POFQ is lacking, but you can wander over to POR's in less time than it takes to walk from the further buildings at CBR to their food court. You can also use any of the quiet pools (and the feature pool) at POR.

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMJAM View Post
    For food courts, POFQ is lacking
    Lots of people LOVE the beignets at the POFQ food court (although I don't care for the way they make them).
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

he's right
    I think the Moderates are all more or less the same, so I tend to pick based on the theme that most appeals to me. That happens to be POR, but YMMV.

I'm a POFQ fan mostly because of the compact layout, the easy transportation and the boat to Disney Springs. Although I also find the theme relaxing and fun. My kids love the alligator statues and the serpent slide. I liked the food court, but our last stay was before the renovation. We don't tend to do TS at moderates anyway so the absence of TS at POFQ didn't bother me. Those internal bus loops just kill the magic for me at CBR, CSR, and Ft. Wilderness. It would be worth the $250 for me, but everyone is so different in what constitutes "worth it" for them.

We typically rent through David's to get DVC at Deluxe resorts--but did a short 4-day stay this spring an opted for our first moderate at POFQ. We LOVED it! The resort-size was perfect--so easy to get around and beautiful. Loved the option for the boat to Disney Springs (finally saw the tree houses enroute!). We did the food court for breakfast and enjoyed the options. Lots of seating and loved the freestyle soda machines. Enjoyed a fun night at Scat Cat's--live music, good drinks. Bus transportation was easy and experienced no issues. Only shared bus with POR once (late night coming back from Epcot after close).

if there is availability for POFQ, we will book it. It sounds like it will suit us best. Provided the cost thread don't change my plan :)

I agree, other than the decor, they seem pretty similar. I’d book the cheapest.

Quote Originally Posted by bnoble View Post
    I think the Moderates are all more or less the same, so I tend to pick based on the theme that most appeals to me. That happens to be POR, but YMMV.
    Brandi

Quote Originally Posted by Nia View Post
    Yes, no question. On our spring break trip it was an extra $400 for 8 nights over the value resorts (again, we enjoyed our stay at Pop). I would normally scoff at such a disparity but I would return again without hesitation.

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by projectx View Post
    Yes, no question. On our spring break trip it was an extra $400 for 8 nights over the value resorts (again, we enjoyed our stay at Pop). I would normally scoff at such a disparity but I would return again without hesitation.
    Over values, absolutely, but OP is comparing two moderates.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

We stayed at POR and liked it but it was HUGE. We paid for a preferred room closer to the pool and food. If we hadn't done that it would have been a 15 minute walk and I would have been miserable to have to go that far for a soda. I had broken my foot the week before we went and had to use a scooter (yup, it was awful!) and went over to PORQ. I thought it was beautiful. If we do a moderate again it would be my first choice. I avoid Values because they are usually full of cheerleaders on field trips. ;-)
    10/88 - Off Site, 5/89 -Off Site, 4/94 - Poly, 5/96 - Swan, 9/99 - Tree House Villas, 3/02 - WL, 3/04 - CR, 11/11 - Poly,
    10/16 - POR

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    Over values, absolutely, but OP is comparing two moderates.
    DOH! Good point.
    I'd still spend the extra $200. Unfortunately we're a family of 5 so we'll have to forgo POFQ our next trip (my parents traveled with us on our last visit, and one of the kids stayed in their room). Will probably go with POR in a preferred room for the reasons Rhody mentioned.

Just check the prices. Pricing here is very different. Even between one moderate and another. There is 300usd per week difference between POFQ and CSR. We usually go for two weeks, so 600.

Can someone compare the rooms and food at both? Csr and pofq? Are all rooms at CSR without carpets?

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but CBR will likely have a higher price tag for next year in comparison as it is now on the skyliner transportation line.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

There wasn't much availability for June. No availability at all at csr or pofq or cbr at all. Expensive rooms for POR.

Booked August 2020 POFQ for 2 weeks with QDP. I will keep looking if some more availability is added for June later.