Thread: Recent Disney After Hours Experiences?

Recent Disney After Hours Experiences?

Hey all! Anyone done a Disney After Hours in the last month or so? We went shortly after they started them at AK in December, and are considering doing it again in June. I was curious if they are still awesome and empty-ish or if that has changed making them less of a value? I'd love to hear recent experiences and thoughts!

We did all 3 in February and loved them all. I believe the HS was sold out.
    But it was our 3rd or 4th at MK and it was as great as always
    AK was very enjoyable. I'd do it again in a heartbeat if possible.
    Even the sold-out HS was good. We did everything we wanted as many times as we wanted to do it. We are doing it, and the MK one, again in May when we take DGD. We'd do the AK one too but it's not offered during our trip dates.

Quote Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
    We did all 3 in February and loved them all. I believe the HS was sold out.
    But it was our 3rd or 4th at MK and it was as great as always
    AK was very enjoyable. I'd do it again in a heartbeat if possible.
    Even the sold-out HS was good. We did everything we wanted as many times as we wanted to do it. We are doing it, and the MK one, again in May when we take DGD. We'd do the AK one too but it's not offered during our trip dates.
    thanks for sharing. I think we will do it again, I just wanted to make sure that wasnt a huge mistake. It was SO nice not to wait in long lines, and in June the evening is going to be much cooler anyway... now to decide on AK vs MK...

Quote Originally Posted by pixarprincess View Post
    ... now to decide on AK vs MK...
    I'd vote for MK over AK. AK is great if FoP is running at full capacity. But if not the night is a bust. There were several reports on twitter of an AK night where FoP had portions that were not working and people were only getting 1-2 rides and the line was long. MK has so many different rides that one ride being down does not negate the benefit of the whole night/ticket cost.

Also, for us, 2 maybe 3 rides on FoP in one day is about all we can handle. That is the only difficult to ride attraction that would prompt us to book After Hours at AK so it doesn't seem as worth it compared to multiple attractions that would normally not be a walk on at MK

I'm glad you've started this thread. My daughter and I are going to be in Orlando in May but will be going to Universal this time. We're thinking of adding on an after hours at MK because we can't resist. The start time is 7:00 p.m. Is there any use to arriving earlier? Are there lines to get in? We've never done one of these before. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Denise25 View Post
    I'm glad you've started this thread. My daughter and I are going to be in Orlando in May but will be going to Universal this time. We're thinking of adding on an after hours at MK because we can't resist. The start time is 7:00 p.m. Is there any use to arriving earlier? Are there lines to get in? We've never done one of these before. Thanks!
    for the AK one we went to if you dont have other park admission there is no reason to be there early. You can pick your tickets up at the ticket booths in front any time but then they were not ready to give out wrist bands early. Id show up 15-20 minutes before, enough time to get the tickets and be ready when they are to give you wrist bands and let you in.

I know there isn't answer to this question, but based on how the After Hours event shave been received and attended, what are the chances WDW will be offering any of them in early Dec?

We are planning to do at least one MVMCP and are debating whether to do a second or hold out for a chance of an After Hours.

Thanks

for the AK one we went to if you dont have other park admission there is no reason to be there early. You can pick your tickets up at the ticket booths in front any time but then they were not ready to give out wrist bands early. Id show up 15-20 minutes before, enough time to get the tickets and be ready when they are to give you wrist bands and let you in.
    Thank you, that's just what I needed to know. We won't have regular park admission, so I will plan to show up 15-20 minutes before just to get situated. MK here we come!

I have been following all sorts of MK DAH threads. Multiple folks on another site are reporting being allowed in by 6:30. Others have said 6.

Quote Originally Posted by KangaFan View Post
    I have been following all sorts of MK DAH threads. Multiple folks on another site are reporting being allowed in by 6:30. Others have said 6.
    this is totally a YMMV type of situation though. You may also stand around until exactly 7.

I have decided to do a last minute trip with D8 in May, mostly because I managed to get tickets to the AP event at Typhoon Lagoon and the Moonlight Magic at Epcot. Any thoughts of if AK DAH would be worth it if we don’t care about Flights of Passage? (And by we I mean me because it makes me sick and my daredevil 8 year old will just have to make due this trip and not ride it).
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by kmc8826 View Post
    I have decided to do a last minute trip with D8 in May, mostly because I managed to get tickets to the AP event at Typhoon Lagoon and the Moonlight Magic at Epcot. Any thoughts of if AK DAH would be worth it if we don’t care about Flights of Passage? (And by we I mean me because it makes me sick and my daredevil 8 year old will just have to make due this trip and not ride it).

What else is open is: Dinosaur, Navi River Journey, Tough to be a Bug, Everest, and triceratops spin. There is also some entertainment including the Avatar drummers, a rivers of light presentation and mickey and minnie, plus the drinks and snacks. Plus you can get in at 7 and do a couple hours while the park is still open. I think it depends. do the remainder of the rides/attractions available appeal to you? If so, our experience was that the park was pretty empty. We had a great time. I wish they would add one more hour, we would have happily stayed longer. We are going to do it again in June, especially this time of year when its super hot, the evening hours are appealing.

My DD21 and I attended the Magic Kingdom after hours event on Thursday, May 16. We arrived at the gate at 6:30 with hopes of being let in before the 7 p.m. start time and were allowed right in, and so we were regretful for not having arrived even sooner! The CMs were all set up and just waiting for someone to come by (maybe it was a slow day?). Fastpasses were available for almost all rides except 7DMT when I checked on Tuesday when I purchased the tickets. Upon entry at 6:30, we headed to our Space Mountain FP+, then COP, Buzz with second FP+, and then PeopleMover. Finished with Tomorrowland, we went to Casey's for the vegan hotdog/sausage, which was quite good. We waited about 30 minutes for HEA to begin, which we watched from the Hub. This was our first time viewing, and we loved it. Then in probably not the correct order for the remainder of the night, we rode IASW with FP+, then the Ariel ride, Winnie the Pooh, PP, HM, Pirates, JC, Buzz 2 more times, PM again, 7DMT, Pooh again, IASW again, and then called it a night at about 12:30 a.m. We were exhausted, as the earlier part of the day was spent at Universal. Over 27,000 steps between the two parks! We also stopped and got popcorns twice, a popsicle each once, as well as beverages. The park was virtually empty after 10:30 or so, and the only ride that wasn't a walk on was 7DMT which still had about a 10 minute wait around 11:45 or 12 or so.

We had a great time! Although we did contemplate whether it would have been more economical to have spent the entire day there for less money and skipped the Universal day (we had the buy 2 days, get 3 free pass for Universal). It was a bit pricey for 6.5 hours, plus having to pay full price for parking. Just an fyi, the tram isn't working all the way from the parking lot, so a big stretch of walking is required at the end of the evening when you will be at your most exhausted, if the parking lot work is still going on in the future.

Would we do it again? Probably, if we're in Orlando but not there for WDW. My daughter and I love getting our MK desires satisfied. On this trip we were collecting roller coaster rides for my DS19, who wanted to go to Busch Gardens Tampa and SeaWorld for theirs. He took a pass on WDW, so it wasn't too bad paying for just two tickets.

Glad you had a good time! I think its worth it just for the ease of low crowds. We decided we are doing AK again in June! Just a few more weeks and we will be there!

Glad you had a good time! I think its worth it just for the ease of low crowds. We decided we are doing AK again in June! Just a few more weeks and we will be there!
    I hope you have a great time!