Thread: Animal Kingdom to Disney Springs

Animal Kingdom to Disney Springs

On May 31st, we're going to AK in the morning, followed directly by Disney Springs. We're heading to Disney Springs probably around 1:00. I'm interested in seeing opinions on travel options.
    I think the park -> Disney Springs buses don't start until 4:00 PM. Is this still accurate?

Which is better: bus to AKL and bus to Disney Springs OR bus to Port Orleans and boat to Disney springs? Are the boats from Port Orleans fun or particularly scenic or anything?

About how long would those two options take?

Are both of these options a big enough hassle that it's worth the $30+ Minnie Van pick up?

Last I knew it was still 4pm for the park to DS buses. And, even when they do start running, they can be pretty far apart.

In this exact scenario on our last trip we took a Lyft to DS one time, and the other time we took a bus to SSR and got off at the Congress Park stop, and walked the rest of the way.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

Quote Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
    And the other time we took a bus to SSR and got off at the Congress Park stop, and walked the rest of the way.
    I like this option and never would have thought of it. How long is the walk and is the path easy to find and navigate for someone directionally impaired (for example our first time walking Beach Club to HS I missed the path along the canal and ended up at the mini golf course)?

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    I like this option and never would have thought of it. How long is the walk and is the path easy to find and navigate for someone directionally impaired (for example our first time walking Beach Club to HS I missed the path along the canal and ended up at the mini golf course)?
    It is 1/3 of a mile from the bus stop to where you hit the first shops in the Marketplace area. Of course depending on your destination within DS it could easily be another 1/3 of a mile to get there.

The main thing I have heard of people doing wrong is getting off at the wrong stop at SSR. Make sure you get off at the Congress Park stop, walk towards the lake, then take a left. From there it is pretty easy since you can see where you are going.

(Note that it is possible to walk the opposite way around the lake from the main "Springs" stop at SSR, but the walk is twice as far and you end up on the opposite side of DS over on the West Side.)
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

Taking a bus to PO and taking the boat would be time consuming. Bus service returning always seems slow. You’d want to get off at FQ, which is usually the first drop off. (Returning from AK is the only time Riverside and FQ seem to share buses frequently.). The boat ride is relaxing and pleasant, but all you see are some of the tree house villas.
    I’d go for bus to SSR and walk, as suggested by others.
    June 2011 Poly, May 2013 POR, June 2015 CBR, June 2017 POR, March 2018 CSR, June 2018 POR

that's a shame
    I'd Uber/Lyft. No bus, no waiting, no transfers.

I do like the bus to POFQ then boat option, but only if you are willing to spend the time it'll take.
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

When you say the bus/boat option would be time-consuming, about how long are we talking? I had theoretically allowed for about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes if we went with this route.

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    I'd echo the Uber/Lyft idea. I would budget at least 30 minutes including waiting time for Bus to POFQ but it could be longer if you've just missed a bus. I would budget 30-45 mins for boat from POFQ to Disney Springs - several times we encountered a multiple-boat wait (they are small boats) when we stayed at POFQ. If you're looking to kill some time it's kind of fun but if you're interested in getting there efficiently it's well worth the $10-$15 Uber fare.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
    It is 1/3 of a mile from the bus stop to where you hit the first shops in the Marketplace area. Of course depending on your destination within DS it could easily be another 1/3 of a mile to get there.

The main thing I have heard of people doing wrong is getting off at the wrong stop at SSR. Make sure you get off at the Congress Park stop, walk towards the lake, then take a left. From there it is pretty easy since you can see where you are going.

(Note that it is possible to walk the opposite way around the lake from the main "Springs" stop at SSR, but the walk is twice as far and you end up on the opposite side of DS over on the West Side.)
    Thanks Micah!

Thanks everyone!

One more advantage to Uber/Lyft is that you can choose which section of DS that you would like to be dropped off at. I know it makes a big difference to us in the summer heat.

If we do decide to take the boat form French quarter, are there multiple Disney Springs stops or just one? Where does it let you off? We're mostly interested in World of Disney, the Goofy Candy Co., Rainforest Cafe, and the Christmas store at Disney Springs. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LAUNCHPADMCQUACK View Post
    If we do decide to take the boat form French quarter, are there multiple Disney Springs stops or just one? Where does it let you off? We're mostly interested in World of Disney, the Goofy Candy Co., Rainforest Cafe, and the Christmas store at Disney Springs. Thanks!
    It stops at the Marketplace Dock, which is the one closest to Saratoga Springs. It is close to Rainforest Cafe and not far from World of Disney... not sure offhand where the other two stores are. The bus stop from other resorts is on the other side of Disney Springs, so taking a bus from a resort probably wouldn't be the best option for you, unless you really want to see all of DS.
    June 2011 Poly, May 2013 POR, June 2015 CBR, June 2017 POR, March 2018 CSR, June 2018 POR

The furthest shop from the dock will be World of Disney. The others are all in close proximity to one another.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone! You guys rock!

So looking at a couple of boat route maps, I was curious - Does anyone have any thoughts on AK->Bus to SSR-> Boat to Disney Springs marketplace?
    It looks like that boat ride is relatively short, and I just don't think we'll want to walk from SSR.
    Thanks!