Thread: Split stays will now have 2 FP booking windows

Split stays will now have 2 FP booking windows

I have done lots of split stays in the past, we like to see the different resorts, it is part of the vacation. However, I will not do this anymore if I have to forfeit my FP booking advantage. For example, usually SDD and FOP FP can only be booked at 60+3 or 6+4, so if I have a 6 day trip, (3 days @ each resort) it will be very unlikely to get those FP since now each stay will be its own 60 day window. In the past I was able to book FP for the entire split stay at 60 days from the first stay, all the way through checkout of the last stay (all at the same time).

I have a ridiculous split stay coming up in June (6 days in 3 different rooms at beach club, then AKL club, then AKL value), I will be upset if this counts as 3 different FP booking windows because I love FOP and my kids love SDD. Not to mention, we like to book all FP during the 9am-12noon hours so we can get back for a swim after lunch, esp in June when it is so hot, which I imagine will now be harder for things like SDMT as well.

There is a rumor that DVC will not be subject to these split stay FP limitations (I am DVC), but I wanted to get a conversation going in case anyone hadn't heard this news, and to check others experiences with this new limitation. I don't think any split stay should have 2 booking windows (DVC or not) because a split stay is still on-site.

On the DIS someone posted that they experimented with booking an extra reservation that spanned the entire duration of their split stay (so that for every night they had two reservations, one of which was an unbroken stay for the full time) and were then able to book FP in one window then cancelled the "umbrella" reservation without losing the FPs (provided they had an onsite reservation still for every day that they had booked FPs for).

Not trying to start a debate over "gaming the system", but in my opinion this doesn't even even fall in that category as it is essentially restoring an ability that I think was an unintended casualty of fixing the problem of people canceling all reservations less than 30 days out.

well, this is a disappointing side effect of stopping the cheaters. Our June trip will be a split stay, because we couldnt get a resort we wanted the whole time by the time we booked. Looks like I need to decide if we want to do an umbrella reservation. Seems like they should be able to accommodate this somehow...

So now, instead of offsite guests booking a campground for 1 night (and keeping that reservation to get the free parking benefit/because it's the right thing to do), onsite (but split-stay) guests will be booking an additional multi-day reservation which they will cancel. This seems to be a worse issue than the one they are trying to fix.
    Feb 2019-Festival of the Arts (POFQ); Nov 2018-40th Birthday Trip (Pop); Aug 2018-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil), Nov 2017-Wine & Dine 5K (Pop), Aug 2017-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); May 2017-Tinkerbell 10K (Disneyland); Novr 2016-Wine & Dine 10K (POFQ); Aug 2016-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Nov 2015-1st Solo Trip (All-Star Movies); Aug 2015-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Aug 2014-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil)

he's right
    I'm going to guess that *most* WDW Resort stays are not split.

Quote Originally Posted by bnoble View Post
    I'm going to guess that *most* WDW Resort stays are not split.
    you are probably correct. I would guess the percentage of DVC trips that have split stays is much higher than regular reservations. so hopefully the rumor we aren't included is true.

I would say split stays are becoming a more common practice for the average person. We had a split stay...technically 3 split stays within our 16 day trip. It is a way to save money, try multiple resorts, and make several people happy with differing resort stays.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have read on another board that in the past few days the contiguous split stays are now back to working like they have in the past, and both reservations will be eligible to book FP+ together in a single booking window.

I don't have first hand experience, but assuming this is indeed true... I think its possible this was an unintended consequence of the recent FP+ booking changes, and they updated it now to not penalize people for simply choosing the split their trip across multiple resorts, like we usually do.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 DRR/AKV

That would be awesome Micah! I will report back in 2 weeks when I book my FP for my June multiple-split stay.

We book next week so I will report back as well. Im hoping its back to being linked as we have 3 resorts next trip and the idea of getting up at 4am for FP+ 3 nights is not appealing.

Following along! I would love to have split stay as an option again!

Following for the updates from Micah & Pixar Princess :-)
    Oct 2017 POLY (first time with Family)
    Aug 2018 Pop/YC (split stay)
    Aug 2019 YC

Quote Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
    I have read on another board that in the past few days the contiguous split stays are now back to working like they have in the past, and both reservations will be eligible to book FP+ together in a single booking window.

I booked my 7 day split stay for end of May/early June 2 weeks ago and I can confirm that I was able to book FP+ for the entire trip at 60 days for my husband and kids. Unfortunately, I ended up having a problem booking FP+ for myself the last 3 days of the trip. I kept getting a message that I had reached my maximum FP+ allowance. I assume this is because I had 3 days worth of FP+ booked for star wars weekend (Apr 6-8). I called and explained the problem and the CM was able to manually override and schedule my FP+ for me with overlapping windows to the ones I scheduled for my husband and kids.
    C

Quote Originally Posted by disney obsessed mom View Post
    I booked my 7 day split stay for end of May/early June 2 weeks ago and I can confirm that I was able to book FP+ for the entire trip at 60 days for my husband and kids. Unfortunately, I ended up having a problem booking FP+ for myself the last 3 days of the trip. I kept getting a message that I had reached my maximum FP+ allowance. I assume this is because I had 3 days worth of FP+ booked for star wars weekend (Apr 6-8). I called and explained the problem and the CM was able to manually override and schedule my FP+ for me with overlapping windows to the ones I scheduled for my husband and kids.
    This makes me super optimistic! Thank you! My window opens tomorrow morning and I would be so happy to get it done in one go. Otherwise I will have 3 4am mornings in the next week to get all of our FP done. Biggest downside of living on the west coast and traveling to WDW, darn time zones.

That is great! Thanks for reporting back. Do you have an AP and the system wouldn't let you book more than 7 days of FP total between your 2 trips? I'm glad to hear they did it for you manually. I was told by a CM it was policy for AP to only get 7 days even if on site and they wouldn't help me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Do you have an AP and the system wouldn't let you book more than 7 days of FP total between your 2 trips? I'm glad to hear they did it for you manually. I was told by a CM it was policy for AP to only get 7 days even if on site and they wouldn't help me at all.
    No, I do NOT have an AP...which is why it was so weird that I kept getting the message about already having my maximum fastness allowance. I had a regular 3-day ticket and a 7-day park hopper, both bought through UCT (or parksavers - can't remember) prior to date-based pricing. I had booked POFQ for starters and BCV/BWV (booked through disney, I'm not DVC) for the split stay. I booked 3 days of FP+ for star wars and should have had another 7 days worth of FP+ for my upcoming May/June trip. For whatever reason, the system was counting my first 3 days of FP+ toward my 7 days for the second trip.The CM confirmed that it was not supposed to do that, but couldn't figure out how to fix it and ended up just making the FP+ manually. The only downside is that if I end up wanting to change anything, I can't modify them myself and would have to call and have a CM do it.
    C

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    I was told by a CM it was policy for AP to only get 7 days even if on site and they wouldn't help me at all.
    This is not how it usually works. I have an AP and always stay onsite, usually for 10 days, and every trip I was allowed to book 10 days of FP. So I was allowed to book FP for as many days as I stayed onsite. If staying off site I think the AP is limited to 7 days, but when on site it extends to your length of stay (up to some limit - which I think is 14). I would call and complain if it happens.

OK, confirming I was able to book fast passes for my entire stay this morning, so it does seem they have fixed this!

No, I do NOT have an AP...which is why it was so weird that I kept getting the message about already having my maximum fastness allowance. I had a regular 3-day ticket and a 7-day park hopper, both bought through UCT (or parksavers - can't remember) prior to date-based pricing. I had booked POFQ for starters and BCV/BWV (booked through disney, I'm not DVC) for the split stay. I booked 3 days of FP+ for star wars and should have had another 7 days worth of FP+ for my upcoming May/June trip. For whatever reason, the system was counting my first 3 days of FP+ toward my 7 days for the second trip.The CM confirmed that it was not supposed to do that, but couldn't figure out how to fix it and ended up just making the FP+ manually. The only downside is that if I end up wanting to change anything, I can't modify them myself and would have to call and have a CM do it.
    That is very odd, but I guess not surprising with Disney IT. Was a ticket prioritization issue? I'm guessing they tried that and it didn't fix the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by CJG17 View Post
    This is not how it usually works. I have an AP and always stay onsite, usually for 10 days, and every trip I was allowed to book 10 days of FP. So I was allowed to book FP for as many days as I stayed onsite. If staying off site I think the AP is limited to 7 days, but when on site it extends to your length of stay (up to some limit - which I think is 14). I would call and complain if it happens.
    I eventually got it worked out, but it took multiple calls to complain and it was irritating that some of the phone CMs kept telling me it was "company policy" that APs only get 7 days of FP regardless of onsite status. Despite the fact that my experience in the past has been similar to yours, FP for the number of days onsite. I pointed out I had just held 13 days of FP all at once with my AP just 2 months prior and one CM in particular acted like I was making it all up just because she couldn't figure out what was going on. Part of the issue was I had multiple on site stays within a 60 day period. It's a year later and I'm still irritated, I guess I should let it go. I guess I bring it up just to warn people that if your account gets glitchy (as happens with MDE) it can be hours on hold and CM roulette and frustration.

that's a shame
    Disney FastPass+ service lets you reserve access to select attractions, entertainment and more. With the purchase of a ticket or Annual Pass, you can make selections as early as 30 days before you arrive—starting at 7:00 AM Eastern Time. Plus, if you are staying at a Disney Resort hotel, you can make your FastPass+ selections up to 60 days prior to check-in for the entire length of your stay. And the best part? There is no extra charge for this complimentary benefit.
    This is from https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pl...fastpass-plus/

I've read discussions on other forums about the issue. What's really not acceptable is that the information given to guests by the front line CM's ("it's our policy..." flies in the face of what is shown on their website. Guests shouldn't have to play CM roulette (don't like the answer, call back and ask another CM) until they get a CM who knows that the issue is a system glitch and not "policy."
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

We have a split stay coming up in June. Booked FPs this morning for the entire trip.
    Disneyland '76, '82, '88, '89, '90, '94 - WDW offsite '99 - WDW PORFQ Sept. 2008 - WDW Ft. W Cabins Dec. 2011 - WDW BC Sept. 2013 - WDW CB/Poly Sept. 2015

I booked for our entire split stay (3 diiferent rooms) this morning. Happy to see they fixed the glitch and I was able to book for all of our dates.