Thread: 30 day FP availability (in light of changes for "throwaway" night

30 day FP availability (in light of changes for "throwaway" night

Now that it seems that the stated policy is for throwaway nights to not have a rolling 60 day window (though if anyone can confirm or refute the implementation of this I would much appreciate it) I am rethinking the strategy for our next trip. Aside from FoP and SDD are there any rides that have effectively no availability at 30 days? 7DMT? FEA?

I booked a very last minute trip in August, (15 days out) for a family of 4 and the only things I couldnít get were 7DMT, FOP, and Slinky/Alien. I got everything else including Navi and Toy Story Mania. It was our 4th trip in our APís so we didnít sweat the rides we couldnít get. We rode Mine Train at closing one night and Alien at rope drop and just skipped Slinky and FOP. It was still an awesome trip.

Quote Originally Posted by waiting for the next trip View Post
    Now that it seems that the stated policy is for throwaway nights to not have a rolling 60 day window (though if anyone can confirm or refute the implementation of this I would much appreciate it)
    Yes rolling 60 is gone. I am currently between 30 and 60 days from my next trip. When I go to book FP I can click on any day in the next 30 days. And I can click on any day of my on site trip, including check in and check out. But all the days between 30 days and check in date and all the days after check out are grayed out.

We stayed offsite last June. I wasn't able to get 7DMT or FoP at 30 days at all. FEA was available for bad times, but we weren't interested in it. The only other one I had trouble with was Peter Pan, but I eventually got *a* time for it--not a good time, but I had it. We had to reschedule our trip 4 days before we were supposed to leave and ended up rebooking FP 12 days out from the new trip. I was able to rebook everything except Peter Pan, which I never did get for our new dates. I continued to search and was able to get 2 set of FP for FoP and 2 for 7DMT a few days later; I think it was because they added hours and then released more FP. This was before TSL opened.
    Link to June 2018 Trip Report:
    https://www.easywdw.com/forums/showt...d=1#post419048

1997 CBR, 2004 ASMo, 2005 CBR
    2007 Pop x 2, 2008 ASMu, 2009 Pop
    2010 ASMu, 2013 CBR, 2016 CSR
    2018 Windsor Palms

Thanks. The change in rules is forcing me to adjust my approaches to planning (including considering multiple "throwaways"), so I appreciate the info!

Hilton Bonnet Creek and the Waldorf at Bonnet Creek were just added to the "Official Disney Hotel" list. They can now book FP at 60 days. IDK how much this would impact FP availability, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan View Post
    Hilton Bonnet Creek and the Waldorf at Bonnet Creek were just added to the "Official Disney Hotel" list. They can now book FP at 60 days. IDK how much this would impact FP availability, but just thought I'd throw that out there.
    I thought they only got EMH access, no 60 day FP. Did that change over the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
    I thought they only got EMH access, no 60 day FP. Did that change over the weekend?
    Yes - https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/wal...ing-window.htm
    Feb 2019-Festival of the Arts (POFQ); Nov 2018-40th Birthday Trip (Pop); Aug 2018-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil), Nov 2017-Wine & Dine 5K (Pop), Aug 2017-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); May 2017-Tinkerbell 10K (Disneyland); Novr 2016-Wine & Dine 10K (POFQ); Aug 2016-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Nov 2015-1st Solo Trip (All-Star Movies); Aug 2015-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Aug 2014-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil)

Quote Originally Posted by lovett1979 View Post
    Strange. The hotels had issued releases that said they were not doing the 60 day FP. Things change I guess

Figured it out, they announced 30 days but were slow up update
    Last edited by AngiTN; 03-04-2019 at 10:14 PM.