Thread: AP room only DDP question

AP room only DDP question

Hello! My husband and I have APs for our upcoming trip. We plan to share a room with our brother and niece who will have military discount tickets. Can we book the room on our annual pass and add dining plan? We could link their tickets prior to booking. Or can we not, since not all of us are passholders? I researched a bit and couldn’t find an answer. Thanks in advance for you replies! :)

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Tickets have nothing to do with DDP, but everyone named on the reservation in the room needs to purchase the same Plan.

But yes, you can link their tickets to the reservation.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

You can buy the dining plan and add it to your room only reservation.
    It will make it a package and make your reservation have package rules such as $200 deposit and payment due at 30 days
    It used to be something you could do online as long as you booked an AP rate but for whatever reason the ability to do it online is gone with the summer promo. It's still there with the spring promo. You have to call to have it added to the summer promo.
    For the record, anyone can book a ticketless package and buy the dining plan to add to room only reservation. Not just AP

Quote Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
    You can buy the dining plan and add it to your room only reservation.
    It will make it a package and make your reservation have package rules such as $200 deposit and payment due at 30 days
    It used to be something you could do online as long as you booked an AP rate but for whatever reason the ability to do it online is gone with the summer promo. It's still there with the spring promo. You have to call to have it added to the summer promo.
    For the record, anyone can book a ticketless package and buy the dining plan to add to room only reservation. Not just AP
    Yes. Because of the cancellation policy on the “package,” I’d wait until the last minute to add the DP. The cut-off for adding a Plan used to be three days prior to check-in. Not sure if that’s still the case.

Stupid Judy.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Yes. Because of the cancellation policy on the “package,” I’d wait until the last minute to add the DP. The cut-off for adding a Plan used to be three days prior to check-in. Not sure if that’s still the case.
    As far as I know you are correct, that is still the cut off

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    The only down side to adding the dine plan later is it will likely take a long time on the phone and hypothetically you could lose your room discount.

I added the dine plan a week in advance on a room only PIN code discount room. It was a PAIN. Because it was a room only to package they have to cancel the room and then book a new package. The discount code was expired at that point and my room type was no longer available for those dates, even at rack rate. Disney's policy is they won't alter an existing reservation if the room/discount isn't still available. Mostly just to keep people from dropping days later. Because I wanted to give them more money, surprise surprise, they were willing to make an "exception" to the policy. But then the front line CM couldn't do that, had to get a manager, it was a lot of time on hold. It was like an hour long process all through which I was told how lucky I was for getting this "pixy dust" exception that allowed me to give them more money without losing my PIN discount rate.

ETA: I should add George is correct about 3 days in advance for adding the dine plan to DVC reservations. I've done that too recently. That is a whole different process and super easy. You just add the dining plan, pay in full at whatever time it's added. I don't know is it's the same 3 day in advance requirement for the travel company package.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    The only down side to adding the dine plan later is it will likely take a long time on the phone and hypothetically you could lose your room discount.

I added the dine plan a week in advance on a room only PIN code discount room. It was a PAIN. Because it was a room only to package they have to cancel the room and then book a new package. The discount code was expired at that point and my room type was no longer available for those dates, even at rack rate. Disney's policy is they won't alter an existing reservation if the room/discount isn't still available. Mostly just to keep people from dropping days later. Because I wanted to give them more money, surprise surprise, they were willing to make an "exception" to the policy. But then the front line CM couldn't do that, had to get a manager, it was a lot of time on hold. It was like an hour long process all through which I was told how lucky I was for getting this "pixy dust" exception that allowed me to give them more money without losing my PIN discount rate.

ETA: I should add George is correct about 3 days in advance for adding the dine plan to DVC reservations. I've done that too recently. That is a whole different process and super easy. You just add the dining plan, pay in full at whatever time it's added. I don't know is it's the same 3 day in advance requirement for the travel company package.
    Cast Member Roulette.

Stupid Judy.

I completely understand Cast Member roulette! Understood, thanks everyone!