Thread: New Photopass site and Disney Photo Calendars

New Photopass site and Disney Photo Calendars

There appears to be a new look to the photopass site. Has anyone had a chance to use it? Is it working better than the old version? So far I like that I can scroll down through the photos faster and it's nice the most recent photos are first (by default, although you can change the order).

The down side is every year for the last 10 years I've made a photo calendar on the site and that option appears to be gone. It was a PAIN to make the calendar on the old site so I don't miss that but now I have to find another option. Does anyone have a suggestion for a Disney-specific photo calendar? I'm looking for Disney theme already there because there is no way I'm going to find time to do anything other than drag and drop photos into an already existing template.

Thanks!

Shutterfly has a Disney template. I'm not sure how it compares to the ones on the old photopass site, but at least it's an option to check out!

Yes and I hate it
    They took away all the borders and stickers. That's the only reason I used photopass. If it wasn't for our AP and getting it for free I would no longer buy Memory Maker

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Wow there's no edit feature at all anymore. I also really dislike the layout. And the dynamic loading images when you scroll to the bottom...
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Yeah, the ONLY improvement to the new site is the sort by date feature
    I hate, with a white hot hate, the rest of it.

he's right
    I will miss the borders/stickers, but I also confess that I rarely took the time to actually use them. I suspect that's true for most people, which is why they didn't keep it in the new system.

I suspect the (over)simplification of the system is also meant to reduce system resources required - the site would very frequently freeze when a user had more than a couple hundred photos and at worst required a phone call for someone to manually reset the account.

Well that doesn't sound encouraging. I hope the stripped down version will at least work better for what remains.

I am not very tech savvy. Is there a way to directly transfer photos from the photopass site to shutterfly or do I need to download to my computer and the upload to shutterfly?

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Well that doesn't sound encouraging. I hope the stripped down version will at least work better for what remains.

I am not very tech savvy. Is there a way to directly transfer photos from the photopass site to shutterfly or do I need to download to my computer and the upload to shutterfly?
    Download first.

I was looking everywhere for the borders and stickers! When I first got into my pics last month they were there! It was fun to use them. Right now I'm just grateful that I'm able to get back in for a few days and download my pics, after having missed the expiration date! A call to WDW and some gathering of info and I'm back in! Shew!!!

I downloaded all of our photos from our last few trips today... the new site is better in some ways (like sorting/filtering), but things are missing as mentioned above, and it seemed less intuitive in a few ways too.

Pro Tip: There used to be a "Download All" button... but now to do the same thing you have to scroll all the way to the bottom (over and over) to have it load all of the images, and then select one of them (green check box after clicking on it), then at the very top of the screen there is a "Select All" checkbox that appears (not there until you select at least one individually). From there you can then actually download everything... but it took me a bit to figure out how it worked in the new site.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR; Aug '20 AKV