Thread: BWV standard view in 2020-21

BWV standard view in 2020-21

We are looking at our next trip being sometime after Aug 2020. When would we be most likely to find availability at 7 months out for a standard view 2BR and a studio?

Early September

Mid/late January

Early/mid October

Early feb

Mid/late May

I realize we may not get it at all, especially with the opening of Star Wars Land. But just wondering when we’d be most likely to get it. Thanks!!
    Kate

For general DVC availability (across all resorts) there are essentially 2 different 'seasons' ... from mid-January to late-August is somewhat easier to find rooms compared to early-Sept to early-January where it gets somewhat (or a lot) harder. There are specific resorts/rooms that don't exactly follow this, but it is a good general rule of thumb. This mostly is due to when people tend to want to travel for things like F&W and the holidays, combined with when the point charts are cheaper seasons (which in my opinion are flawed for some times of year).

Specific to BWV...

The Standard View rooms at BWV are one of the hardest to get rooms at 7 months, year round, with only a few resorts or room types being harder. There is a limited number of them, and they are desirable because of the number of points they take and location of the resort. So no matter what your odds aren't the best, and I would for sure have a Plan B or Plan C at the 7 month timing, and be prepared to be flexible to go there instead.

If you are flexible, you may stumble into a night here or there, or even a few, but it would be hard to put together a full week even with waitlists or stalking the availability tool. If you are willing to do a split stay, you could possibly do part of it in a Standard View room.

Note that some times of year would be very doable to get Pool/Garden View rooms at BWV, just not Standard View.

During the F&W festival, it becomes extremely difficult to get into any room type at BWV at 7 months, and would be almost impossible for Standard View at that time.

Studios are always the first to go at any resort, and in this case at BWV the 2BRs will go just as quickly as the Studios... since there are no dedicated 2BR's at BWV. If the studios are sold out, the 2BRs also are sold out... leaving some 1BRs available as the other half of the lock-off. The 1BRs therefore become slightly easier to get, but was not what you were looking for.

Based on my understanding of how things work at BWV, and the above topics... I would put your list in the following order (from easier to harder... but none are actually easy for Standard View).

Early feb
    Mid/late May
    Mid/late January
    Early September
    Early/mid October
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 DRR/AKV

Thank you! I was thinking a similar order. At least, I figured Feb or May would be easier than the others.

Our backup will be OKW. We stayed there last fall and our kids LOVED IT. I really appreciate the ability to book HH rooms. Our older kids could walk over to get food or trade pins without us. Or go back to the room from the pool, etc. And, with five kids, we like how roomy the villas are. And, of course, we will go ahead at book our home resort, which is SSR, at 11 months, and will be perfectly happy there if nothing else is is available.

I was just thinking that since Galaxys Edge will be open when we return, it would be so nice to be able to hop to HS with Fastpasses for those new rides. And, of course, I love the convenience of walking to Epcot and HS in general. BWV is one of my absolute favorite resorts.

But we do want to maximize our points and to do pool/garden view, we’d end up with 2 fewer nights I think. We could also consider a grand villa, but I doubt that’s any easier to get, except that it’s only one room instead of two. But I think I remember reading there are only 7 total at BWV? And I haven’t compared the points. (Typically we stay in a 2BR and my parents in a studio, so I don’t know how many more a GV would take).

Anyway, thank you. Very helpful. We won’t necessarily plan our dates solely around the chance we may get BWV, but it is a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by kate81 View Post
    Thank you!
    You're welcome.

We could also consider a grand villa, but I doubt that’s any easier to get, except that it’s only one room instead of two. But I think I remember reading there are only 7 total at BWV?
    You are correct, there are only 7 GVs at BWV. They will likely be gone before 7 months too. Not sure on the exact points required vs a 2BR/Studio combo, but they are all BW view (not Standard) so I can pretty much guarantee it is way more than what you want to spend.

See this thread for all the room counts:
    https://www.easywdw.com/forums/showt...iled-room-info
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 DRR/AKV

Quote Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
    You're welcome.

You are correct, there are only 7 GVs at BWV. They will likely be gone before 7 months too. Not sure on the exact points required vs a 2BR/Studio combo, but they are all BW view (not Standard) so I can pretty much guarantee it is way more than what you want to spend.

See this thread for all the room counts:
    https://www.easywdw.com/forums/showt...iled-room-info
    Thanks!

Finding a 2 bed std view at 11 months and 2 minutes is nearly impossible. Finding it at 7 months is like winning the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by ptlohmysoul View Post
    Finding a 2 bed std view at 11 months and 2 minutes is nearly impossible. Finding it at 7 months is like winning the lottery.
    Someone has to win eventually right?
    Kate

Someone has to win eventually right?
    :) We own at BWV and have been able to get a 2 bedroom std. both at Thanksgiving last year and Christmas this year at 11 months. For Christmas, we originally weren't able to get the first day of our vacation at 11 months and 1-2 seconds, but the next day was able to get the whole rest of the time we wanted (at 11 months and 0-1 seconds). Thanks to walkers, I was able to go back and pick up the first day that we couldn't get the first time around.