Thread: Extending Our Stay - AoA vs Yacht Club

Extending Our Stay - AoA vs Yacht Club

DH and I are at a crossroads. We have a 2BR at BWV booked for 6 night stay in August. Weíre sharing it with friends using our own DVC points. We were looking at staying extra and having some additional time with just our family. An AofA suite and regular room at YC are roughly the same price. DH wants to stay at AoA because of the Cars suites and the theming/pool. I want Yacht Club since itís nicer/deluxe, closer to EC and HS, and has Stormalong bay. Our kids are 5 and 3. Iím thinking it would be tough to go from Boardwalk to AofA (flipping it around would be more expensive).

Thoughts???

I think it’s just a matter of personal preference since the cost is the same. I personably would like the YC with my family, but a Cars suite may be better with kids that are 5 and 3.
    Brandi

Yes, I agree going from deluxe to anything less will be difficult BUT it is a themed suite and the resort is over the top Disney. I think for a few days it will great especially for the 3 & 5 year old. I believe they will enjoy the pool more than Stormalong Bay at that age.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

that's a shame
    YC would be a no brainer for me.
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

Where do you plan to be those 2 days?
    My preference would be AoA with kids that age. But if you are mostly at HS & EP and planning to do a mid day break, YC would start to look awfully convenient
    ~Stacey

YC. My kids loved playing in the sand at stormalong bay at that age. And I would want the convenience of walking to 2 parks if going back to the hotel for a mid day nap. And I would prefer having 2 "real" beds instead of the murphy at AoA.

I've stayed in an AoA suite because I had children who I knew would absolutely love it, and they did. But we aren't value hotel people, and it was a little rough. Our family was a little different. We were at max capacity (2 adults and 5 children including one under 3). We also had a vacation where it made sense to stay in one place at first and then add on a few days somewhere else. My boys were infatuated with the idea of AoA, and we weren't going to be able to stay there once the baby turned 3, so we did it.

The hotel grounds themselves were fine. The interior hallway, glass plates in the restaurant, and other features like that made it manageable. The part that made it really hard to take for us was the absolute tiny-ness of the rooms, but they won't seem so tiny to you with just 2 young children. Having 2 bathrooms would be an upgrade over one regular hotel room. You will have to turn at least one piece of furniture into a bed every night, which is a pain, but if they'll sleep together, at least you'll still have some empty floor space. When you use both beds, the room turns into an obstacle course.

I'm glad that we did it because my children loved it, but I'm ecstatic that I never have to do it again. In your shoes, I might consider waiting until another trip so that you can 1) put it at the beginning of the trip, and 2) wait until your younger child is old enough to really remember it so that you can do it just one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilliputian View Post
    I've stayed in an AoA suite because I had children who I knew would absolutely love it, and they did. But we aren't value hotel people, and it was a little rough. Our family was a little different. We were at max capacity (2 adults and 5 children including one under 3). We also had a vacation where it made sense to stay in one place at first and then add on a few days somewhere else. My boys were infatuated with the idea of AoA, and we weren't going to be able to stay there once the baby turned 3, so we did it.

The hotel grounds themselves were fine. The interior hallway, glass plates in the restaurant, and other features like that made it manageable. The part that made it really hard to take for us was the absolute tiny-ness of the rooms, but they won't seem so tiny to you with just 2 young children. Having 2 bathrooms would be an upgrade over one regular hotel room. You will have to turn at least one piece of furniture into a bed every night, which is a pain, but if they'll sleep together, at least you'll still have some empty floor space. When you use both beds, the room turns into an obstacle course.

I'm glad that we did it because my children loved it, but I'm ecstatic that I never have to do it again. In your shoes, I might consider waiting until another trip so that you can 1) put it at the beginning of the trip, and 2) wait until your younger child is old enough to really remember it so that you can do it just one time.
    Thanks everyone for the responses and recommendations! This is exactly what I needed. I told DH we could do AoA on another trip - I hadnít even thought about my daughter being old enough to really remember it. Since we would be doing it for them (were not really value people either) I think itís better to wait and now he agreees. I really want to check out Stormalong bay too. My girlfriends and I stayed at BCV last month but it was so cold we never even made it over there!

If if anyone has any recommendations or tips for sharing a 2BR villa with another family of 4 Iím all ears! Iíd like to come home and still be friends lol 😂