Thread: Any Storybook Dining at Artist Point Experiences?

Any Storybook Dining at Artist Point Experiences?

I just realized I can make ADRs tomorrow (thanks TP!). Has anyone tried it? We loved the old AP, btw. I read Josh's review and I think the only reason we would go is my girls might enjoy meeting the Wicked Queen. Josh thought that part of the experience was pretty good although the logistics were a bit messy (and he expected them to tweak it). I'm just looking for second opinions.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

We have. Really loved it. But they are our favorite characters.
    Now, we really, REALLY disliked AP, so I was REALLY glad to see it go. Some of the worse food, just not a menu we liked AT.ALL.
    Everything about it is an improvement, from the decor to the menu to the choice in characters. So in that aspect, they couldn't go anywhere but up.
    I wasn't even a huge fan of what I ordered but that was on me more than on the item. I knew better. I went with the fish and know I prefer plain fish vs. sauce covered fish. I ordered it anyway. Why I can't even say. I loved everything else that was served and DH's food was top notch. We'll go back and I will order something else.
    The only thing I can say I wasn't 100% happy with was our server. She was not really attentive. It was late, we were the last table of the night in her area. I felt forgotten at times.

Thanks Angi, that's very helpful. And specifically you were happy with the Wicked Queen interaction?
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by mgarbowski View Post
    Thanks Angi, that's very helpful. And specifically you were happy with the Wicked Queen interaction?
    Yes. She was very good. Regal and condescending. So exactly perfect

I went on opening night and it was so much fun. I wasn’t a huge fan of what I ordered also, I had the chicken. The atmosphere is just amazing and the character interaction was fantastic. The Wicked Queen was the best.
    Jen

Dream Builders Travel

We really enjoyed ourselves as well; we were there about a month ago. The Queen was truly amazing! My daughter was wearing her Minnie ears at dinner and the Queen looked at her (before even starting our meet and greet) and said, “Did you intentionally dress like a rodent when you woke up this morning?” Perfect timing and intonation-I think one of the best we’ve encountered. We all enjoyed the food, I had a good vegan dish (not on the menu) because I wasn’t excited about the vegetarian option and my family all enjoyed their choices (chicken for the guys and my daughter had a stroll through nature). I think the appetizers were a big hit for everyone as well. Snow White, Grumpy, and Dopey were a lot of fun, as was the atmosphere. Like Angi, our server was not awesome at all. Hope you get a reservation!

Quote Originally Posted by Samy1000 View Post
    We really enjoyed ourselves as well; we were there about a month ago. The Queen was truly amazing! My daughter was wearing her Minnie ears at dinner and the Queen looked at her (before even starting our meet and greet) and said, “Did you intentionally dress like a rodent when you woke up this morning?” Perfect timing and intonation-I think one of the best we’ve encountered. We all enjoyed the food, I had a good vegan dish (not on the menu) because I wasn’t excited about the vegetarian option and my family all enjoyed their choices (chicken for the guys and my daughter had a stroll through nature). I think the appetizers were a big hit for everyone as well. Snow White, Grumpy, and Dopey were a lot of fun, as was the atmosphere. Like Angi, our server was not awesome at all. Hope you get a reservation!
    Samy, are you vegetarian? Did they offer an alternative for the meat-based appetizers?
    Feb 2019-Festival of the Arts (POFQ); Nov 2018-40th Birthday Trip (Pop); Aug 2018-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil), Nov 2017-Wine & Dine 5K (Pop), Aug 2017-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); May 2017-Tinkerbell 10K (Disneyland); Novr 2016-Wine & Dine 10K (POFQ); Aug 2016-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Nov 2015-1st Solo Trip (All-Star Movies); Aug 2015-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Aug 2014-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil)

Quote Originally Posted by lovett1979 View Post
    Samy, are you vegetarian? Did they offer an alternative for the meat-based appetizers?
    I am and they did. My daughter (pescatarian) had A Stroll Through Nature and loved it. I am not much of a pasta eater so I asked about vegan options and they presented something similar to a Quorn ‘chicken’ breast (most Quorn products aren’t vegan so I’m not sure the actual brand) for the meal. I mention the entree option because my daughter still received the same appetizers as my husband and son, she ate all except the Hunter’s Pie. Separately they brought out my appetizers; I had the bisque-minus the tasty marshmallow stirrer, roasted cauliflower (I think?), and another appetizer that I can’t recall at the moment. As soon as I do I’ll post back. I liked the appetizer options very much, even if I can’t remember them exactly at the moment.

Thanks for all the inputs. I did get a reservation, and my daughters do seem to be excited about meeting the Queen. I had to push out deep into my week for a decent time. Our trip starts on a Sunday which is a disadvantage with so many parties arriving on Saturday and booking things a day ahead of us, but I did get this and everything else I wanted. This was the only one I had to play around with multiple attempts at different times.

Also, I had an issue when it came time to guarantee the reservation with a credit card. My Disney Visa was suddenly not in my account even though it has been there for years. When i tried adding it at that step in the reservation it failed on 2 attempts. Two alternative cards also failed. So I opened a new window, went to my account profile, and added the card to my profile there. Then I refreshed the reservation page, which fortunately kept the reservation, and my newly added card appeared as an option and everything else went smoothly from there, including all the other ADRs.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,

Quote Originally Posted by Samy1000 View Post
    I am and they did. My daughter (pescatarian) had A Stroll Through Nature and loved it. I am not much of a pasta eater so I asked about vegan options and they presented something similar to a Quorn ‘chicken’ breast (most Quorn products aren’t vegan so I’m not sure the actual brand) for the meal. I mention the entree option because my daughter still received the same appetizers as my husband and son, she ate all except the Hunter’s Pie. Separately they brought out my appetizers; I had the bisque-minus the tasty marshmallow stirrer, roasted cauliflower (I think?), and another appetizer that I can’t recall at the moment. As soon as I do I’ll post back. I liked the appetizer options very much, even if I can’t remember them exactly at the moment.
    Thanks! I'm pescatarian, so only need an alternative for the Hunter's Pie. Does that mean that if I order an entree from the regular menu, I wouldn't get an alternative for a 3rd appetizer?
    Feb 2019-Festival of the Arts (POFQ); Nov 2018-40th Birthday Trip (Pop); Aug 2018-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil), Nov 2017-Wine & Dine 5K (Pop), Aug 2017-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); May 2017-Tinkerbell 10K (Disneyland); Novr 2016-Wine & Dine 10K (POFQ); Aug 2016-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Nov 2015-1st Solo Trip (All-Star Movies); Aug 2015-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Aug 2014-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil)

Quote Originally Posted by lovett1979 View Post
    Thanks! I'm pescatarian, so only need an alternative for the Hunter's Pie. Does that mean that if I order an entree from the regular menu, I wouldn't get an alternative for a 3rd appetizer?
    I think as long as you tell them you’d be good to go and they would substitute.

**I still can’t remember the 3rd appetizer-oops!

Quote Originally Posted by mgarbowski View Post
    Thanks for all the inputs. I did get a reservation, and my daughters do seem to be excited about meeting the Queen. I had to push out deep into my week for a decent time. Our trip starts on a Sunday which is a disadvantage with so many parties arriving on Saturday and booking things a day ahead of us, but I did get this and everything else I wanted. This was the only one I had to play around with multiple attempts at different times.

Also, I had an issue when it came time to guarantee the reservation with a credit card. My Disney Visa was suddenly not in my account even though it has been there for years. When i tried adding it at that step in the reservation it failed on 2 attempts. Two alternative cards also failed. So I opened a new window, went to my account profile, and added the card to my profile there. Then I refreshed the reservation page, which fortunately kept the reservation, and my newly added card appeared as an option and everything else went smoothly from there, including all the other ADRs.
    I’m happy you were able to get a reservation and I really do think your girls will love it! We had a similar issue with our’s disappearing too, it was quite strange, seems as if the Disney IT woes are worse than normal as of late. Have fun and can’t wait to hear about your experience!