Thread: Votes Please! Boma or Wave for Breakfast?

Lightbulb Votes Please! Boma or Wave for Breakfast?

We hope to manage both (one on a Saturday, one on a Tuesday) but in case that is not in the cards and only one is possible - which would you choose? It would be the start to our leisurely resort hopping day.

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Boma is our favorite breakfast buffet, so I'd choose that. It's WAY bigger than the Wave buffet, and has some more exotic choices (turkey bobotie, eggs with goat cheese, etc.) in addition to all of the traditional breakfast options and carving stations. We're actually doing both buffets on our July trip, using a 10am Wave breakfast before a MK day as a nice late start to the day. If you're not staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, that's another reason to go to Boma - you'll have a great opportunity to explore the resort, check out the animals and artwork and the impressive lobby.

If you end up at Boma, don't miss out on the bread pudding and pecan praline sauce. Honestly, I put the pecan praline sauce on everything. It's so good.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

First, I’d like to know where you are staying, what resorts you’re planning to visit, and what is your method of transportation?
    Brandi

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolarookie View Post
    First, I’d like to know where you are staying, what resorts you’re planning to visit, and what is your method of transportation?
    The only relevant clarifying question is "how much pecan praline sauce can you eat?" ;)
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    The only relevant clarifying question is "how much pecan praline sauce can you eat?" ;)
    That totally should be a factor. My mistake
    Brandi

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    Heh! I promise to put the sauce on at least 4 items (if we end up going)

Quote Originally Posted by nolarookie View Post
    Staying at Pop, using the buses, thinking of Trails End dinner buffet on arrival day, going to AK day after (probably not doing Tusker House), then Saturday is resort hopping day. Sunday DD & I doing MK (it is too much, on several levels, for our men) with Plaza breakfast at some point in the day. Monday all four of us go to Epcot, starting with Garden Grill breakfast. Next morning is checkout day, so possibly another leisurely breakfast somewhere - unless we decide to get a head start on pools during the Universal portion of the trip.

Is that helpful?

out of the two options in the initial post I would do Boma. Both were satisfying but we found Boma to have a lot more unique and different items. Its one we've done again where wave we haven't been back.

Ditto on Boma for variety and how it would fit into your resort hopping plans for the day. It's best for when breakfast is more of an event. For a really good breakfast before a day at MK because you can walk over, The Wave would be my choice.

I like Boma better, and AK is a cool resort to tour, but what other resorts do you want to go to on your resort-hopping day? If you want to check out the monorail resorts, the Wave would be more convenient. And it’s not like the Wave is bad.
    Brandi

Boma, no contest!
    BUT if I were relying on Disney transportation then I would probably do a relaxed resort hopping day at the Monorail resorts and breakfast at the Wave.

On my AK day I would take an early mid-day break with and ADR for the latest Boma breakfast seating and explore AKL before returning to the park in the afternoon. Although if it's a mid-day break then there is the pull of lunch at Sannaa....so hard to choose.

You've all given me a lot to think about! thanks for all the input

We usually will go out of our way to Boma for brunch each trip (even when staying at Contemporary). Worth it!

With your input I've now made the Boma reservation, with the thought that after eating and exploring that resort, we will take the bus back to Pop, where most likely DH and DS will choose to stay and veg, while DD and I continue on to monorail resort hopping. Then in evening our men will be refreshed and join us to stroll the Boardwalk.

Thanks all.

Just to clarify, you do understand that there is no direct bus from resort to resort?

Quote Originally Posted by ptlohmysoul View Post
    Just to clarify, you do understand that there is no direct bus from resort to resort?
    good call. Animal Kingdom is an easy transfer though since it is so close to Animal Kingdom park. Alternative is always an uber/lyft/minnie van