Thread: Anyone been to Silver Lake lately?

Anyone been to Silver Lake lately?

I have an ongoing search for Bonnet Creek thru RCI since the fall that has come up with a nothing. I'm getting cold feet waiting on it and thinking of booking silver lake.
    We're trying for sunday aug 25th. Is there something I"m missing that rooms are booked?

he's right
    Book the backup. Bonnet deposited September recently, so any August deposits have presumably come and gone. (Wyndham did not deposit much summer inventory at Bonnet this year; a definite change. They didn't deposit much at Smoky Mountain either, which I'd been waiting for.)

Thank you!

I'm on it. Silver Lake booking not available, so I'm looking at a few others. I was an idiot and canceled the OGS to book the Silver Lake and then lost the room. Ack! Stuff happens.

Holiday Inn Orange Lake has some rooms. I'm a little weary as the reviews online are pretty mixed.

he's right
    Just took a look for your dates. I would take Vistana if you are not blocked by the 1-in-4.

Of the remainder: VV@Parkway has a good location; you are only one (or maybe two) traffic light(s) to any WDW park, IIRC. Of the Orange Lakes that are there, I would probably take North. Orbit One is a dark horse; it's not elegant, but functional and just across Sherbeth from Silver Lake. If you are not a member of TUG (tug2.net) it would be worth joining for the review database.

I booked VV@Parkway. I'll miss the washer/dryer in room, but i think we'll have a great time here. This is the second time you have saved my bacon ;) Went to Vistana last time on your rec. It was perfect ;) Would have done that again in a heartbeat but i'm blocked.

For real, thanks again for taking the time to help me out. It is very much appreciated.

he's right
    Some of them do have W/D. I know I had one that did.

bonus! Getting pretty pumped now that we are booked.