Thread: OKW: do you find ground-level villas to be dark?

OKW: do you find ground-level villas to be dark?

I love OKW for its lushness, but that seems to translate into the ground-floor units being a little dark. But I've only stayed in one. Do you have that experience? I need either a ground-floor villa or a unit in one of the elevator buildings, but really, Bldgs 62-64 aren't my faves either.

I know. I want it all.
    Once in a lifetime trip in 2004 ...

It really depends on the time of day and the angle of the sun. But, at the bright time of the day, the ground floor 1 bedroom we were in was really nice. I just prefer not to have to be on the ground floor to be able to use our stroller.

Thanks, that makes sense, and is true I guess no matter which floor you're on!

We have stayed in ground floor, second floor, and third floor studios and have never found them to be dark.

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Here's a thought: Maybe south-facing units would get more sun? Do you remember where your first-floor unit was, and which direction it faced? That could make a huge difference.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

I don't remember where we were. It was also a studio, so that probably colored my negative memory as well. Remember to ask for a south-facing villa, George, in the FAX.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica View Post
    I don't remember where we were. It was also a studio, so that probably colored my negative memory as well. Remember to ask for a south-facing villa, George, in the FAX.
    Yes, Master!

FWIW, when we stayed in a studio, we were on the second floor and it was also a bit dark, especially considering it had windows on two opposite sides. Maybe because they tend to have lots of trees on the ends of the buildings where the studios are located?

Stupid Judy.

Our most recent stay was in a 2 BR corner unit and not dark at all. It was lovely. We were in building 14.

Quote Originally Posted by kate81 View Post
    Our most recent stay was in a 2 BR corner unit and not dark at all. It was lovely. We were in building 14.
    First floor?

Stupid Judy.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    First floor?
    Yes. First floor.

May be computer illiterate, but I figured out how to set my user title myself when no one else could!! magic1106's Avatar
    We have experince with a ground-level studio and 2 ground-level, two bedroom villas at OKW. The studio was significantly darker than the villas. On our last trip my parents had a two bedroom villa in the same bldg, 2 or 3 units over from our studio. Our room was consistently dark no matter the time of day and theirs was always bright and sunny. I donít know if it makes a difference but both stays in the villas, our patio looked out over water.

I did just ask my mom about her studio. Also ground floor in building 14. She said it did seem somewhat dark. But not so much that it would deter her from staying there again. So Iím guessing room type plays a big role. 1 and 2 bedrooms just have so many more windows.

Quote Originally Posted by kate81 View Post
    I did just ask my mom about her studio. Also ground floor in building 14. She said it did seem somewhat dark. But not so much that it would deter her from staying there again. So I’m guessing room type plays a big role. 1 and 2 bedrooms just have so many more windows.
    My experience was with a studio that seemed dark, so maybe that was the main issue. Villa type, over ground floor vs higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica View Post
    My experience was with a studio that seemed dark, so maybe that was the main issue. Villa type, over ground floor vs higher.
    Our second floor studio was dark; I think many are amongst the treetops. Even buildings that have great golf/water expanses in front of them seem to have lots of trees planted close to the buildings, presumably for privacy.

Stupid Judy.