Thread: MNSSHP - First Night Friday August 16

MNSSHP - First Night Friday August 16

We're regular WDW visitors but never been to any party night because we always went in different seasons. This year, our vacation lines up with the very first night of the MNSSHP Halloween party on Friday August 16. I know party tickets do not usually sell out, and the standard advice is to wait until you can see the weather report. I'm wondering if this might be different for the first night. Is that more likely to sell out in advance?
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

The first night usually sells out. But maybe with it being so early it won't? I know the first party was pretty early this year too but I can't recall if it sold out or not. We were at the first MVMCP 2018 during the first week of November and it sold out.

I was worried about the same thing when we attended the first MNSSHP of 2016. Touring Plans posts an article every year that ranks the party dates by crowd levels and includes a chart with the dates each party sold out--if it sold out--the previous year. I could be wrong, but I don't think the first MNSSHP sold out, at least not that year. I think if you search on their site for something like "MNSSHP crowds" you'll find the article.

Thanks to you both. I found the TP article for 2018 and they promise the 2019 one is coming. Based on both responses here, and what I read at TP, it appears that though opening night used to have a full crowd, now that's less likely. None of the August dates sold out in 2017. I'll wait for now. We're still waiting for confirmation that Big Girl will be available that week or she will miss the family WDW trip for the first time [/sniff]. So we don't even know if we need 3 or 4 tickets yet. I'll also talk to my family about how important the arty is and whether they might want to go even if it rains. There is only the one date that week so we can't play switch around.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

It was our first and only party and it rained (not all night but there was a steady rain for a couple of hours, including during the parade). The only disappointment was that the headless horseman isn't in the parade if it rains. We had a blast, despite the weather. The kids still talk about how much they loved it.

I was at the first MVMCP this year and it sold out, but I think not until that day or the day before. A lot of bloggers and social media influencers end up at these first day events because they want to post the scoop about the event first. I didn't find it any more insane then a busy day at the parks.

I love MNHSSP and would recommend for anyone to go. I hope it works out for your schedule! It poured most of the time when I was there for it in August and I still had an amazing time. The rain does help keep some of the crowds away :)
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel